• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So do you have a plan?

Hicup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Let assume that sometime within the next 20, 30 years or so, the ****e is going to hit the fan. What is your plan for survival?

Tim-

Let assume that sometime within the next 20, 30 years or so, the ****e is going to hit the fan. What is your plan for survival?

Tim-

Move into a cabin on a pristine lake in Canada and live like Grizzly Adams....fishing, hunting, trapping and soaking in nature

Move into a cabin on a pristine lake in Canada and live like Grizzly Adams....fishing, hunting, trapping and soaking in nature

Sounds good to me. Hunt some Griz... cook rabbit on a open fire spit.

Probably die, as I live in downtown of our State's Capital.

Sounds good to me. Hunt some Griz... cook rabbit on a open fire spit.

Would be awesome but the hard part would be to find a decent woman who would do the same, to keep me warm at night...lol

I think that'd be the easy part, given the scenario. The hard part would be for the women to find YOU. :)

Would be awesome but the hard part would be to find a decent woman who would do the same, to keep me warm at night...lol

in 20 to 30 years I will be in my 80's or 90's. I'll be to old to give a shxx.
Eastwood in Gran Torino, sums it up pretty well, I'll blow a hole in your face then go inside and sleep like a baby.' and besides "get off my lawn".

Tim-

In a word...yep. The whole extended family could go off the grid tomorrow and be self reliant, sustainable, and defendable..

in 20 to 30 years I will be in my 80's or 90's. I'll be to old to give a shxx.
Eastwood in Gran Torino, sums it up pretty well, I'll blow a hole in your face then go inside and sleep like a baby.' and besides "get off my lawn".

Yeah, if I was a little older I would probably have the same attitude...lol

I love that show!

I think that'd be the easy part, given the scenario. The hard part would be for the women to find YOU. :)

So are you saying that there are women that would like to live in nature in that kind of lifestyle?

I had a few bad experiences with women....my ex girlfriends were pretty to look at, like looking at barbie dolls and such....but to get them to do anything outdoors was like pulling teeth....lol

Last edited:
I'm working on acquiring guns legally in Canada, and I'm learning all I can about wild edible and medicinal plants in my region... as well as wild farming. I'm learning how to still be an effective healer but with far fewer resources, and I have friends a couple of hours away from here with a stocked farm that I can go to.

It's always good to have a disaster plan.

Oh, absolutely there are! Some of them are even still the barbie dolls one. I wouldn't know where to look though, so I can see where that would be a problem.

I'm such a mom. I'm thinking "How old are you, where are you from, let me see what I can find out ...", lol!

So are you saying that there are women that would like to live in nature in that kind of lifestyle?

I had a few bad experiences with women....my ex girlfriends were pretty to look at, like looking at barbie dolls and such....but to get them to do anything outdoors was like pulling teeth....lol

If an apocalypse scenario would go down, I'm just assuming I'm going to be in the majority of people that are going to die. If I live, I'll just kick it Zombieland style. :cool:

I would do the things that I wanted to do most in my life. Then, I would just die

Oh, absolutely there are! Some of them are even still the barbie dolls one. I wouldn't know where to look though, so I can see where that would be a problem.

I'm such a mom. I'm thinking "How old are you, where are you from, let me see what I can find out ...", lol!

I just moved to northern Mn on the "Iron Range" near where I grew up because I enjoy all the lakes, trails, and woods in this area. I don't like the heat anywhere south of Minneapolis/St.Paul.

Turned the big 40 in March.....very sad day....

Jellus. I was born in Grand Rapids.

I just moved to northern Mn on the "Iron Range" near where I grew up because I enjoy all the lakes, trails, and woods in this area. I don't like the heat anywhere south of Minneapolis/St.Paul.

Turned the big 40 in March.....very sad day....

Jellus. I was born in Grand Rapids.

I grew up in Chisholm MN

I moved to southern Mn for many years to work construction and missed northern Mn the entire time.

One of my best friends lives in Grand Rapids which is a nice town and area!

Yup! My aunt and uncle still live on Lake Pokegama, on the lot where my grandparents' cabin used to be. SO beautiful.

I grew up in Chisholm MN

I moved to southern Mn for many years to work construction and missed northern Mn the entire time.

One of my best friends lives in Grand Rapids which is a nice town and area!

Yup! My aunt and uncle still live on Lake Pokegama, on the lot where my grandparents' cabin used to be. SO beautiful.

Very nice lake...I have fished many tournaments on that lake!

Yah!

So, why is 40 so sad for you, mister? I survived 50 without going into mourning. :D

Very nice lake...I have fished many tournaments on that lake!

Hoping in twenty or thirty years to have followers and land. If it hits the fan, I'll try to set myself up like a feudal lord. Otherwise, I'll probably end up just eating the neighbors until someoine puts a bullet in me.

By that time I should be happily living on a small island in the Caribbean, growing my own food from my garden, fishing for my own fish, etc. Figuring Dominica, but maybe a better island will present itself. Or, I'll just continue to live on the sailboat that I'll own, sailing around to various ports.

Yah!

So, why is 40 so sad for you, mister? I survived 50 without going into mourning. :D

I guess I feel like I'm 18 and it seems like the years are going faster.
Seems like I'm running out of time to do all the things I would like to do in life...:shrug:

Oh, just make your bucket list and think of Grandma Moses.

Talk to Rivvrat, she can probably aim you in the right direction for some of it.

I guess I feel like I'm 18 and it seems like the years are going faster.
Seems like I'm running out of time to do all the things I would like to do in life...:shrug:

Being prepared to deal with hard times or disasters is, IMO, just prudent living. Have something put aside, have the means to deal with dog-eat-dog, know some people you can rely on.

Now, if you're talking about prepping for TEOTWAWKI, that's a bigger issue. I could tell you my secret plans, but then.... well you know. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom