• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So "Biden plans sweeping reversal of Trump immigration agenda" within his first 100 days.

Captain Adverse

Classical Liberal Sage
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
According to this CBS report:

If so, I wonder how allowing mass migrations into the USA of unskilled and low-skilled workers will affect our existing unemployed citizens, as the job market is glutted with new competitors.

Especially with so many on the Left pushing for a national $15.00 minimum wage.

That might mean more dependence on foreign production of basic goods, aside from food perhaps.

How about the drain on existing social welfare programs, problems with housing, schools dealing with "second languages," and dare I say it, possible crime increase?

All IMHO so that the Democrat Party can create another slice of the American population dependent on their government largess; and so expected to vote Democrat in perpetuity.

I can't wait to see how my fellow citizens, especially my peers in the Black Community like that. :coffee:

Last edited:
If you think Trump actually cared about any immigration policy beyond a vain attempt to save face after "build the wall" caught on, then you're delusional. I'd say go show your loyalty and apply at a Trump resort to work for your hero but save your time - he only hires immigrants and "hire America" is complete bullshit.

Wow, four posts in a row engaging in ad hominem responses targeting the poster, and not the post.

Typical.

I'll still be waiting to see just how you feel a few years down the road when the effects start hitting home. :coffee:

If Trump cared about the border he'd want the GOP to help pass the multi-billion dollar packages for mixed border security the Ds passed over the years. The only thing he did want was the spectacle of Democrats blocking his dumbass wall. There is no reason at all for a wall along the entire border. That's just stupid.

And he got it. Dems kept passing packages for other things and blocking his wall, lying Trumpists did what Trump wanted in response: dishonestly claimed that Democrats want open borders.

Who cares how many people lose their jobs to cheap labor? Plus they're going to be shoe-in Democrat voters. Just for god's sake give them a covid test and issue them a mask as they cross over the border.

If so, I wonder how allowing mass migrations into the USA of unskilled and low-skilled workers will affect our existing unemployed citizens, as the job market is glutted with new competitors.

That might mean more dependence on foreign production of basic goods, aside from food perhaps.

How about the drain on existing social welfare programs, problems with housing, schools dealing with "second languages," and dare I say it, possible crime increase?

All IMHO so that the Democrat Party can create another slice of the American population dependent on their government largess; and so expected to vote Democrat in perpetuity.

I can't wait to see how my fellow citizens, especially my peers in the Black Community like that. :coffee:

If you couple an open border policy, which the left if pushing for, with medicare for all, which the left is also pushing for, you won't be able to keep the throngs of illegal immigrants back looking for their free healthcare at US tax payer expense, and quite likely national bankruptcy (money doesn't grow on trees).

Last I checked the border wall WAS a 'mixed border security' installation. From what has been reported the wall is what the CBP specified as being most effective at securing the border, which is the point, isn't it?

A few points from the video and what I would like to see hapoen.

DACA= reinstate with a none movable reasonable expiration date.

Deprtations should continue even while polocies are being retooled.

Venezuela and refugees no real strong opinion other than I don't think our economy take a larger pool of unskilled labour currently.

I prefer the Wait in Mexico policy but would be willing to give in and allow anyone seeking immigration to wait in the US If and a Must a mandatory deportation and permanent expulsion is ordered if they miss court cases.

What difference will 100,000 refugees more or less make? I doubt we will even notice.

Republicans want to divide the working class against each other. They want us to blame the foreigners, the outsiders, for our own problems. But we won't have it. The blame lies with the corporations and the capitalists who exploit migrant workers and citizens both.

When will Republicans become the champions of the working class? Never, I reckon.

Wow, four posts in a row engaging in ad hominem responses targeting the poster, and not the post.

Typical.

I'll still be waiting to see just how you feel a few years down the road when the effects start hitting home. :coffee:
That is all they can do because what you posted is the truth. Biden will open the border and give free healthcare and welfare to each and every illegal alien!

It appears that liberals don't think of the consequences of their 'pie in the sky' ideas, but they sell them to the rubes anyway. Democrats just love to buy votes.
Next we'll hear how the absolutely correct outcomes posed are false, when ANYONE with half a brain knows they aren't.

Dude, you're talking like there will be a transition. Aren't you hearing the Republicans? They're taking over in an extra-democratic fashion. Your fuher isn't going away until he can be sure someone else with the name "Trump" follows him.

We can talk about Biden when we're done having our civil war.

Bogus premise. Thread FAIL.

And FYI, more illegal immigrants were deported by Obama’s administration.

In fiscal 2018 – the most recent year for which complete data is available – CBP and ICE together carried out 337,287 removals of unauthorized immigrants, a 17% increase from the previous year, according to the Department of Homeland Security. But removals remained below the levels recorded during much of the Obama administration, including a three-year period between fiscal 2012 and 2014 when there were more than 400,000 per year.

Dude, you're talking like there will be a transition. Aren't you hearing the Republicans? They're taking over in an extra-democratic fashion. Your fuher isn't going away until he can be sure someone else with the name "Trump" follows him.

We can talk about Biden when we're done having our civil war.
Your paranoia is showing.

Good, that is precisely why I and millions of others voted for him

Every single thing you believe about immigration policy or its effects is wrong, so, nice race baiting and concern trolling chief.
You guys have no clue about the impacts of immigration on the scale Joe wants. He sees more democrat voters, the rest of us are going to see more competition for jobs, more crime (yes, some ARE rapists, criminals and murders). More competition depresses wages as well.

If you couple an open border policy, which the left if pushing for, with medicare for all, which the left is also pushing for, you won't be able to keep the throngs of illegal immigrants back looking for their free healthcare at US tax payer expense, and quite likely national bankruptcy (money doesn't grow on trees).

Last I checked the border wall WAS a 'mixed border security' installation. From what has been reported the wall is what the CBP specified as being most effective at securing the border, which is the point, isn't it?
The left is not pushing for open borders.

You guys have no clue about the impacts of immigration on the scale Joe wants. He sees more democrat voters, the rest of us are going to see more competition for jobs, more crime (yes, some ARE rapists, criminals and murders). More competition depresses wages as well.

He's also going to nuke Bambi. Don't forget that part.

It seems you're misinformed. My family immigrated to the U.S. It's not an easy process, especially from a poor country. You certainly need to be skilled and show you can support yourself even in the visa lottery.

Back
Top Bottom