• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

So Allen has some Jewish ancestry

LaughingLatimer said:
First day i dont even know what RE Is talking about. Was there a topic about this before? Where is the link to this topic?

Just a suggestion, being that this is your first day and all: Read the thread and familiarize yourself with its' content before posting. Also, 'RE' appears in all subsequent posts after the original. This is the only thread for this specific topic.

Navy Pride said:
So do you give him a pass for that?

I haven't researched this issue to know enough about it to have any opinion. Frankly, I don't care. It's not going to change my vote. I am voting for Webb no matter what.

Navy Pride said:
Do you have the same problem with Senator Byrd who 2 short years ago used the N word and was a member of the KKK?

I lived in the south for many years and there are a lot of people there wo are proud of the confederacy and the flag and it has nothing to do with African Americans.....

No I don't have a problem with Senator Byrd--the difference is that Byrd ADMITTED he used the N word and was a member of KKK. He has expressed remorse. If Allen had admitted he said it and felt terrible about it, I believe the subject would have been dropped.

You got to be kidding me,,,,,Webb knows he can't win on the issues so he resorts to character assasination and yeah he has subservients that do this kind of dirty work for him........

Tell me where you see Webb doing character assasination on the macaca or N word issue. I haven't seen it. What I have seen is when Webb has been asked about this, he has said he doesn't think it is relevant. He is letting the media do the character assasination. If you have evidence otherwise, post it. I live in Virginia, and I see the ads, and in none of the Webb ads have I seen him attacking Allen's character. Yet, the opposite applies with Allen. He knows that's the only way he can win at this point--is by attacking Webb. Seeing him this desperate is quite fun for me.

As far as the macaca use I will give you that one but Like Webb who has apologized for his many outrageous statements against women hwe has apologized for it..........You as a female must really hate Allen to give Webb a pass for all the terrible things he said about women....

I have never been sensitive to sexist comments, and I don't know where that comes from. Thus, his comments back in 1979--more than 25 years ago, mean nothing to me. I told a boy when I was in the 5th grade (he was black, and he was trying to kiss me), "I don't kiss black boys." That was 25 years ago. I am ashamed I said that, and I would be horrified if people held that statement against me. I sure hope I would have matured over the last 25 years. Webb has expressed regret, and I believe he showed such regret in actions he did when he was Secretary of Defense.

This race is all about him running for the Senate as it is for Hillary.....Who knows what will happen in 2 years.......He is way down in the polls and at best is a longshot to win the nomination.....

On Hardball on Friday, the guests agreed that this was why Allen was getting attacked by the media--because he is a POTENTIAL presidential nominee.

aps said:
I haven't researched this issue to know enough about it to have any opinion. Frankly, I don't care. It's not going to change my vote. I am voting for Webb no matter what.

So no matter what outrageous comments has used against women or African Americans you give him a pass but you won't do the same for Allen..

OK at least your honest at there is not much sense in going forward with you on the debate because like the democratic operative that is slandering Allen now your mind is made up.....

I personally think this a bunch of garbage about both men except for the macaca comment and Allen has apologized over and over for this comment.....

Have you sen the McCain ad supporting Allen.......Its a very powerful ad and should help him quite a bit in the polls...

TurtleDude said:
LOL in Cincinnati its harder for a guy like that to get into the most exclusive Jewish Club versus the most snobby WASP golf course
More unsubstantiated and of course, unprovable BS from Dude! What a surprise! I read some underlying bigotry in this post, you know? Suggesting that Jewish bias is stronger than Christian bias and comparing both evils concluding that one is better than the other exposes, again, the idiocy of such an argument.

26 X World Champs said:
More unsubstantiated and of course, unprovable BS from Dude! What a surprise! I read some underlying bigotry in this post, you know? Suggesting that Jewish bias is stronger than Christian bias and comparing both evils concluding that one is better than the other exposes, again, the idiocy of such an argument.

the obsession continues. I dont see any proof from you-just more yapping about my posts. Being from Cincinnati I am speaking from what I know. I went to the top prep school in CIncinnati-where the wealthiest WASP and Jewish families sent their kids and that is my observation. That you want to call it BS means you are just humpin my posts when YOU HAVE NO Friggin clue about what I am saying. I realize you feel a need to attack everything I say but since you have no evidence you are just either lying or just making crap up

"No I don't have a problem with Senator Byrd--the difference is that Byrd ADMITTED he used the N word and was a member of KKK. He has expressed remorse. If Allen had admitted he said it and felt terrible about it, I believe the subject would have been dropped. "

dag on. you would rather have a person who is a member of the KKK as a senator than a man who is not? what in the heck?? and about that mucaca statement. the guy was heckeling allen and no one seems to care. he didnt mean to insult the guy like everyone thinks.... i think he just wanted him to shut up. lol. and so what if he used the N word. do you know how many african americans cuss white people and nothing is ever said?
oh, and like 260,000 soldiers dies fighting for the south...so i wish people would stop using the confederate flag for 1) the wrong reasons- such as racial intolerance and 2) a scapegoat for everything they dont like.

aps, are you really concerned about the issues or do you just want a democrat to win, regardless of what he stands for or says?

t125eagle said:
"No I don't have a problem with Senator Byrd--the difference is that Byrd ADMITTED he used the N word and was a member of KKK. He has expressed remorse. If Allen had admitted he said it and felt terrible about it, I believe the subject would have been dropped. "

dag on. you would rather have a person who is a member of the KKK as a senator than a man who is not? what in the heck?? and about that mucaca statement. the guy was heckeling allen and no one seems to care. he didnt mean to insult the guy like everyone thinks.... i think he just wanted him to shut up. lol. and so what if he used the N word. do you know how many african americans cuss white people and nothing is ever said?
oh, and like 260,000 soldiers dies fighting for the south...so i wish people would stop using the confederate flag for 1) the wrong reasons- such as racial intolerance and 2) a scapegoat for everything they dont like.

Back when Byrd was younger and involved in the KKK, it was a sign of the times. Sure I don't agree with that, but it was not uncommon for people back then to resent the whole issue with desegregation. William Rehnquist opposed desegregation. Do I think he should be penalized for that? As long as the person's actions don't support that kind of mentality subsequently, then I think it should be a thing of the past.

Allen has had multiple situations that have shown he is racially insensitive and possibly a racist. Such behavior is NOT a sign of the times when he was growing up. Your version of the Macaca thing is just totally inaccurate. What I find rather funny is that Allen was saying to the crowd how he was going to do a positive campaign this year. Then he turns around and calls the dark-skinned kid "Macaca." Supposedly, it's a made-up word. No one buys that crap--no one with a brain that is.

But, nevertheless, I am a democrat, and I do not support Allen, nor have I ever. So the racial issue just further adds to my disgust towards him.

aps, are you really concerned about the issues or do you just want a democrat to win, regardless of what he stands for or says?

I want a democrat to win. I don't support the republican agenda at all. If Allen were Chaffe, I would seriously consider voting for him. I have always disliked Allen--even when he was my governor. I think Webb is a great candidate. He's got my vote and my husband's vote.

aps, what do you see as the Republican agenda??

t125eagle said:
aps, what do you see as the Republican agenda??

Making the tax cuts permanent, rubber stamping this president, and ignoring the president's violations of the Constitution.

So what does your name mean?

aps said:
Making the tax cuts permanent, rubber stamping this president, and ignoring the president's violations of the Constitution.

violations of the constitution? do you support gun control APS-like the Clinton gun ban? how about expansions of the commerce clause? social security? minimum wage legislation?

making the tax cuts permanent is a clear GOP agenda. That's one reason why I vote the way I do.

"violating the constitution"........I'd like to know which president since Grover Cleveland has NOT supported some violations of the constitution. The federal gov't has been extending its power since the time of Lincoln, and in ways that have James Madison and other founding fathers spinning in their graves like tops. I find it quite ridiculous that either major party, in the modern day, can claim that the people on the other side of the aisle are subverting the constitution, without feeling like a complete hypocrite.

Back to the topic.....this whole thing is ridiculous and unimportant.

cobbtown.com

I just hope the tax cuts become permanent....That along with the Conservative judges for the SCOTUS is two of the best thing the president has done..As far as rubberstamping his agenda just a few weeks ago they shot down his immigration bill and the only people I hear complaining about any violations of the Constitution is the left who hate him...

aps said:

im an eagle scout from troop 125 so i just put it all together. T125eagle. lol.

Hmmm seems like the Democrat smear job isn't working

" Incumbent Virginia Sen. George Allen, who has suffered through some serious campaign missteps in recent weeks and days, is now making a comeback. Those problems had resulted in the loss of a big lead over Democratic challenger James Webb, but it now appears Allen is once again on solid ground. He leads Webb, 48% to 37%, with 13% yet undecided. Allen is the only Republican in the 10 Senate races featured in the Reuters/Zogby poll to hold a double-digit lead."

http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/10/5/82048.shtml?s=ic

i like those kind of results.

Stinger said:
Hmmm seems like the Democrat smear job isn't working

" Incumbent Virginia Sen. George Allen, who has suffered through some serious campaign missteps in recent weeks and days, is now making a comeback. Those problems had resulted in the loss of a big lead over Democratic challenger James Webb, but it now appears Allen is once again on solid ground. He leads Webb, 48% to 37%, with 13% yet undecided. Allen is the only Republican in the 10 Senate races featured in the Reuters/Zogby poll to hold a double-digit lead."

http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/10/5/82048.shtml?s=ic

The left will discredit this because the article is from NEWSMAX but the important thing it is a Zogby poll........Its great to see that the character and smear assasination on Allen is not working anymore.........

Navy Pride said:
The left will discredit this because the article is from NEWSMAX but the important thing it is a Zogby poll........Its great to see that the character and smear assasination on Allen is not working anymore.........
What a jerkoff statement to make, unsolicited, of course, as usual. Great contribution there NP!

Zogby polls are creditable, period. Get it Navy? Or should I just write, "Duh"?

What would be a surprise would be if Webb won, that would be shocking. Allen winning is what everyone expects especially since he has 12 times as much money to spend as Webb ($12 Million vs. $1 million).

So explain Pennsylvania, Montana, Tennessee and Missouri? Of all of them I would love to see Santorum lose. Please spare us the Casey isn't a Democrat psychobabble Navy...he is...just like Hagel and Chafee are Republicans meaning that he will vote Democratic on all major pieces of legislation...and that would not happen if Santorum were reelected.

26 X World Champs said:
What a jerkoff statement to make, unsolicited, of course, as usual. Great contribution there NP!

Zogby polls are creditable, period. Get it Navy? Or should I just write, "Duh"?

What would be a surprise would be if Webb won, that would be shocking. Allen winning is what everyone expects especially since he has 12 times as much money to spend as Webb ($12 Million vs. $1 million).

So explain Pennsylvania, Montana, Tennessee and Missouri? Of all of them I would love to see Santorum lose. Please spare us the Casey isn't a Democrat psychobabble Navy...he is...just like Hagel and Chafee are Republicans meaning that he will vote Democratic on all major pieces of legislation...and that would not happen if Santorum were reelected.

I wouldn't bet you house on that Champs especially on social and fiscal issues.........

Navy Pride said:
I wouldn't bet you house on that Champs especially on social and fiscal issues.........
Let me put it to you this way Navy...if Santorum's in that seat there's zero chance he would vote Democratic...but if Casey's sitting there....I like those odds a whole lot better....Get it?

26 X World Champs said:
Let me put it to you this way Navy...if Santorum's in that seat there's zero chance he would vote Democratic...but if Casey's sitting there....I like those odds a whole lot better....Get it?

Well I looked at their postions on the issues and with the exception of the War in Iraq they are pretty much clones...........Casey is along the line of a Zell Miller and I doubt very much he will abandon his morals and principles....

Navy Pride said:
Well I looked at their postions on the issues and with the exception of the War in Iraq they are pretty much clones...........Casey is along the line of a Zell Miller and I doubt very much he will abandon his morals and principles....
:rofl You just don't ever get it, do you?

26 X World Champs said:
:rofl You just don't ever get it, do you?

Great comeback:roll: Why not say something about my comment if you can?

*cough cough cough*

[B]Newcomers Push Outer Suburbs Left[/B]
Kaine Won Loudoun County by Almost 6 Points, Pr. William by 2

By Rosalind S. Helderman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, November 10, 2005; Page B11

Not since L. Douglas Wilder's historic run for governor in 1989 has a Democrat captured a majority of the vote for governor in Loudoun County. Democrats in Prince William County have been waiting even longer.

But Virginia Gov.-elect Timothy M. Kaine (D) won both in Tuesday's election. Republicans needed to win big in the outer suburbs to offset heavy support for Kaine in areas closer to Washington, and their failure to do so was one of the keys to the defeat of Republican Jerry W. Kilgore.

Kilgore slipped in areas where Republicans have been so dominant that they control the local boards of supervisors, sheriff's offices, commonwealth's attorney posts and most delegate seats. . . .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/09/AR2005110902274.html

Allen has not run in 6 years. LOTS of democrats have moved to this area since then (I have mentioned that John Kerry won in Northern Virginia for the first time in this red state since Lyndon Johnson). We shall see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom