• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

So Allen has some Jewish ancestry

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Navy Pride said:
I am not sure...........I think most Americans will see it was just a smear campaign.............He has run for public office 3 times and there was never a hint of anything like this......


There was a woman on Hardball yesterday who said she heard him say the M word in 1979..........Oh but she admitted she is a democrat operative who volunteers at the democratic headquarters one day a week.................

I saw that woman, and people can assess her credibility based on what she said. First, she reported to others (family and non-family) contemporaneously around that time about this incident, which heightens her credibility. Second, the detail of her story is impressive. You choose to NOT believe her, I choose to believe her. And people in Virginia can make their assessment.

Even Webb to his credit has said that he used the N words 30 years ago and believes most people who lived in the south did the same........

Right, Navy Pride, but Allen has stated he NEVER said that word. That is what made that woman come out and report her incident with Allen--because he LIED. He could have admitted he said it but that he was immature and stupid back then. Guess what? The issue would have been dropped. But, instead, he said he never said that.

Democrats can't win on the issues so they start a smear campaign.....That is sad...........

First, I don't believe that Webb started this--Allen started this himself. Second, how interesting that you would say this when you know full well this is Rove's modus operandi when it comes to political campaigns. :roll:
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Stinger said:
For people to have to express remorse for hearsay allegations is absurd. Maybe evefryone in Congress should just stand up one day and appologize for anything anyone will ever accuse them of in the future. In fact why don't we just plan a national day a week from now and everyone can just appologize all at once and we can be done with it forever.

Oh and people don't like people who attempt baseless smears and who throw the race card when they can't convince people on the issues.

LOL I love how you and Navy Pride are throwing a tantrum because a Republicans are getting a bit of their own treatment. He has brought it on himself. You can choose to discredit those who have stated he used the N word and I can choose to believe those who have stated such. There are way too many other incidents that would merely confirm a situation like this. Again, he had the opportunity to come clean, and he chose to lie. We reap what we sew.
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Just wanted Stinger and Navy Pride to know that a commercial just came on that dwells on Webb's statements about admitting women in to the Naval Academy--particularly his statement that it was a horny woman's dream. On the bottom of the screen, it says that this ad was paid for by the George Allen campaign. And if you want to help out, go to their wittle web site: webbagainstwomen.com, which you can access from here: http://www.allenhq.com/2006/09/28/webb-against-women/

If Allen loses his race, and the democrats do not take over the house, I will still dance, laugh, and sing.......
 

BWG

DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
4,373
Reaction score
1,602
Location
South Coast
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
aps said:
Right, Navy Pride, but Allen has stated he NEVER said that word. That is what made that woman come out and report her incident with Allen--because he LIED. He could have admitted he said it but that he was immature and stupid back then. Guess what? The issue would have been dropped. But, instead, he said he never said that.
It's always the coverup. Ask 'Tricky Dick' :2rofll:
aps said:
Second, how interesting that you would say this when you know full well this is Rove's modus operandi when it comes to political campaigns.
Cons? Swiftboating? I'm appalled, I tell you! :joke:

Cons are funny. Funny cons. Cons are :sinking:
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
BWG said:
It's always the coverup. Ask 'Tricky Dick' :2rofll:

Cons? Swiftboating? I'm appalled, I tell you! :joke:

Cons are funny. Funny cons. Cons are :sinking:

We're all hypocrites to some extent, but give me a break! :roll:

How dare there be a smear campaign against Allen. I am pretty sure that Webb is not creating ads that attack Allen in this manner. But Allen is creating ads that attack Webb, excuse me, smear Webb.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
aps said:
I saw that woman, and people can assess her credibility based on what she said. First, she reported to others (family and non-family) contemporaneously around that time about this incident, which heightens her credibility. Second, the detail of her story is impressive. You choose to NOT believe her, I choose to believe her. And people in Virginia can make their assessment.



Right, Navy Pride, but Allen has stated he NEVER said that word. That is what made that woman come out and report her incident with Allen--because he LIED. He could have admitted he said it but that he was immature and stupid back then. Guess what? The issue would have been dropped. But, instead, he said he never said that.



First, I don't believe that Webb started this--Allen started this himself. Second, how interesting that you would say this when you know full well this is Rove's modus operandi when it comes to political campaigns. :roll:

1. Well I could compare that to me saying that Webb wanted to get rifles and ride through Watts in LA in 1969 scaring blacks.........I mean come on she is a partisan dem.........By the way you know there is and acusation out there that Webb wanted to do that.........

2. I don't know if he said the N word or not..........But it is a he said she said incident..

3. Allen apologized a dozen times for that comment but the left won't let him forget it because that is all they have.....They know they can't win on the issues....

I have a question for you aps, if Allen is such a big rascist why was this not brought up in other national elections that he ran in?
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Navy Pride said:
1. Well I could compare that to me saying that Webb wanted to get rifles and ride through Watts in LA in 1969 scaring blacks.........I mean come on she is a partisan dem.........By the way you know there is and acusation out there that Webb wanted to do that.........

I have heard that.

2. I don't know if he said the N word or not..........But it is a he said she said incident..

I agree. But let's not pretend that this man did not have a Confederate flag displayed in his law office and a NOOSE! What are the chances that someone who owns a Confederate flag, does a cameo appearance in a movie about the Confederacy, wears a pin that shows he supports Confederacy, and uses the N word? I would say they're pretty good!

3. Allen apologized a dozen times for that comment but the left won't let him forget it because that is all they have.....They know they can't win on the issues....

The media is doing this--not Webb. Allen called a kid "macaca" and then proceeded to change his story. He overreacted when his Jewish heritage was called into question. He claims he's not a racist, but there is evidence he is. Can you provide me evidence of Webb pursuing these issues?

I have a question for you aps, if Allen is such a big rascist why was this not brought up in other national elections that he ran in?

Because people are talking about him running for president, and the stakes change when there is a chance that the candidate is running for president. Look at John Kerry. I don't recall in all the number of elections when he was running for the Senate about claiming he did not earn his medals. Suddenly, he is running for president, and there are books on this topic being published.
 
Last edited:

cobb

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The whole thing is silly and insignificant. If he's Jewish, so what? If he doesn't wish to talk about being Jewish, so what? If he has used perjoratives in school, so what? If he owns a confederate flag, so what?

I'd like to know how many of our past presidents HAVE NOT used racially-tinged terms in the past? I'm sure that you would need no more than one hand, if you get to count any at all. This is a disqualifier? Ridiculous. Americans have become silly, soft, and sensitive. Jeez, you'd think we were becoming English or something.

This is a great commentary on our present ideas about politics. It has nothing to do with policy, constitutional issues, the balance of federal and state powers, or the balance of powers within the federal gov't. It is about silly words spoken decades ago, and ancestries of hundreds of years past that people can barely research. Nice....nice and dumbed down.

Please visit cobbtown.com

jbcobb
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
aps said:
LOL I love how you and Navy Pride are throwing a tantrum because a Republicans are getting a bit of their own treatment.

So that's what this is really about with the left isn't it.

Grow up.
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
aps said:
I agree. But let's not pretend that this man did not have a Confederate flag displayed in his law office and a NOOSE!

So what? Many people in the South including blacks display the Confederate Battle flag. And the noose is a piece or western art, it is a hangmans noose on a Jousha tree which grows in the desert, so what?

What are the chances that someone who owns a Confederate flag, does a cameo appearance in a movie about the Confederacy,

So we now condemn anyone who has been in a movie about the Civil War?

wears a pin that shows he supports Confederacy,

The South.

and uses the N word? I would say they're pretty good!

What desperation.

Because people are talking about him running for president,

The left as always must engage in the politics of personal destruction.
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
aps said:
Just wanted Stinger and Navy Pride to know that a commercial just came on that dwells on Webb's statements about admitting women in to the Naval Academy--particularly his statement that it was a horny woman's dream.

And what was Webb's position when he made those statements?
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Stinger said:
So that's what this is really about with the left isn't it.

Grow up.

Okay. :cool:
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Stinger said:
So what? Many people in the South including blacks display the Confederate Battle flag. And the noose is a piece or western art, it is a hangmans noose on a Jousha tree which grows in the desert, so what?

A piece of western art. LMAO Okay there, Stinger. It's art. What I find rather interesting was that when Tim Russert confronted with the flag and the noose, Allen addressed only the flag. If he genuinely had the noose for "art" purposes, I think he would have stated such. Art. LMAO!


So we now condemn anyone who has been in a movie about the Civil War?

Who's condemning him? I was pointing out a fact.


The South.

You can interpret it that way if you so choose. It's too bad you can't vote in Virginia's election, isn't it?


What desperation.

I backed up my conclusion with facts. It would be one thing if I were drawing conclusions without providing my bases. If it makes you feel better to think I am desperate, so be it.


The left as always must engage in the politics of personal destruction.

Oh, and what the right did to John Kerry isn't personal destruction? Stinger, you have zero credibility. I have yet to see you truly rebut anything I have stated, so excuse me if I ignore your conclusory commentary from here on out.
 

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
265,030
Reaction score
82,587
Location
Ohio
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Stinger said:
So that's what this is really about with the left isn't it.

Grow up.

95% of so of the rantings in favor of impeachment and the anti Bush psychodrama is based on a desire to avenge Clinton and his stained legacy.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Navy Pride said:
So do you give him a pass for that?


I agree. But let's not pretend that this man did not have a Confederate flag displayed in his law office and a NOOSE! What are the chances that someone who owns a Confederate flag, does a cameo appearance in a movie about the Confederacy, wears a pin that shows he supports Confederacy, and uses the N word? I would say they're pretty good!

Do you have the same problem with Senator Byrd who 2 short years ago used the N word and was a member of the KKK?

I lived in the south for many years and there are a lot of people there wo are proud of the confederacy and the flag and it has nothing to do with African Americans.....

The media is doing this--not Webb. Allen called a kid "macaca" and then proceeded to change his story. He overreacted when his Jewish heritage was called into question. He claims he's not a racist, but there is evidence he is. Can you provide me evidence of Webb pursuing these issues?

You got to be kidding me,,,,,Webb knows he can't win on the issues so he resorts to character assasination and yeah he has subservients that do this kind of dirty work for him........

As far as the macaca use I will give you that one but Like Webb who has apologized for his many outrageous statements against women hwe has apologized for it..........You as a female must really hate Allen to give Webb a pass for all the terrible things he said about women....

Because people are talking about him running for president, and the stakes change when there is a chance that the candidate is running for president. Look at John Kerry. I don't recall in all the number of elections when he was running for the Senate about claiming he did not earn his medals. Suddenly, he is running for president, and there are books on this topic being published.

This race is all about him running for the Senate as it is for Hillary.....Who knows what will happen in 2 years.......He is way down in the polls and at best is a longshot to win the nomination.....
 
Last edited:

Caine

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
23,359
Reaction score
7,218
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Stinger said:
The left as always must engage in the politics of personal destruction.
Politicians must engage in the politics of personal destruction.

I don't see how you could even THINK about acting like the left is the only ones to do it.

Didn't Bush's brain Rove do that to McCain in 2000?
 

Caine

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
23,359
Reaction score
7,218
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
TurtleDude said:
95% of so of the rantings in favor of impeachment and the anti Bush psychodrama is based on a desire to avenge Clinton and his stained legacy.

Really?

I'd like to see this statistic from a credible source.
I doubt you could provide such a thing.

hmm.. let me make up some stuff too then....

95% of those who are die-hard supporters of Bush do so because they actually think he is the 2nd comming of Christ.


Fun Fun Fun!
 

Caine

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
23,359
Reaction score
7,218
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Navy Pride said:
I lived in the south for many years and there are a lot of people there wo are proud of the confederacy and the flag and it has nothing to do with African Americans.....

This is one of the only things Im ever going to agree with Navy Pride on.

All you people who don't understand that the confederate battle flag has nothing to do with African Americans and everything to do with Southern Pride need to cut that **** out.

Do some damned research, stop letting the ignorant northern media do it for you.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Caine said:
This is one of the only things Im ever going to agree with Navy Pride on.

All you people who don't understand that the confederate battle flag has nothing to do with African Americans and everything to do with Southern Pride need to cut that **** out.

Do some damned research, stop letting the ignorant northern media do it for you.

I hate that Caine.......I might change my mind now......;)
 
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Navy Pride said:
ROTFLMAO :rofl
Im sorry, at least I admited i didnt know him. Sigh you truly are a idiot. If a baby or a 13 year old for that matter asked how something worked that he did not know would you laugh at him or call him a retard? No you would tell him how it worked or what or who it was. Whats the diffrence here? I aknowledge i didnt know who he was so i asked who was he.
 

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
39,883
Reaction score
3,070
Location
Pacific NW
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
LaughingLatimer said:
Im sorry, at least I admited i didnt know him. Sigh you truly are a idiot. If a baby or a 13 year old for that matter asked how something worked that he did not know would you laugh at him or call him a retard? No you would tell him how it worked or what or who it was. Whats the diffrence here? I aknowledge i didnt know who he was so i asked who was he.

I have a flash for you......The subject of this thread is:

Re: So Allen has some Jewish ancestry

You should at least know that much......Now I am done..........

Oh and its against the rules of the forum to insult or call people names......Have a nice evening.......
 
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Navy Pride said:
I have a flash for you......The subject of this thread is:

Re: So Allen has some Jewish ancestry

You should at least know that much......Now I am done..........

Oh and its against the rules of the forum to insult or call people names......Have a nice evening.......
First day i dont even know what RE Is talking about. Was there a topic about this before? Where is the link to this topic?
 
Top Bottom