• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So after this long...

Pluto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I thought it might be a good idea to finally introduce myself. After all, I have utilized many of the thoughts and opinions shared here as sort of one method to help formulate my own, and I very much value that. That I haven't involved myself up until now, there are numerous reasons ranging from health issues (type one diabetic for 45 years), to the inability to read loads of text without the use of a magnifying glass - this, and more often than not, by the time I decide to share my own opinion, darned it if someone else hasn't come around and already offered the same one. Eh. No biggie. I'll catch up someday. So the other particulars? As of current, my interests include history here and abroad, but mostly local. Politics of course, although my leanings aren't driven by any particular 'party', they are often decided based upon integrity. The field of ornithology, with emphasis on psittacines. Photography. film, smartphone, and even a Gopro (and I'm half blind right?). Antiques and collectibles, auctions. Vintage motorcycles. Riding vintage motorcycles. And as you can probably guess, I'm not one who likes to stand still for very long, despite recently taking upon a permanent wheel chair. -- Just a heads up. Many times I've logged in here, I've often remained while heading off to do something else because I just cannot sit still. .. Anyways. Wish everyone here a safe and Happy New Years - with many more to follow. Cheers!

I thought it might be a good idea to finally introduce myself. After all, I have utilized many of the thoughts and opinions shared here as sort of one method to help formulate my own, and I very much value that. That I haven't involved myself up until now, there are numerous reasons ranging from health issues (type one diabetic for 45 years), to the inability to read loads of text without the use of a magnifying glass
Using frequent paragraph breaks makes text easier to read. Big blocks of text are off-putting.

From your post I gather you're old enough to have read the papers for news. Take a look at any newspaper and notice how they break up text.
- this, and more often than not, by the time I decide to share my own opinion, darned it if someone else hasn't come around and already offered the same one. Eh. No biggie. I'll catch up someday. So the other particulars? As of current, my interests include history here and abroad, but mostly local. Politics of course, although my leanings aren't driven by any particular 'party', they are often decided based upon integrity. The field of ornithology, with emphasis on psittacines. Photography. film, smartphone, and even a Gopro (and I'm half blind right?). Antiques and collectibles, auctions. Vintage motorcycles. Riding vintage motorcycles. And as you can probably guess, I'm not one who likes to stand still for very long, despite recently taking upon a permanent wheel chair. -- Just a heads up. Many times I've logged in here, I've often remained while heading off to do something else because I just cannot sit still. .. Anyways. Wish everyone here a safe and Happy New Years - with many more to follow. Cheers!

I thought it might be a good idea to finally introduce myself. After all, I have utilized many of the thoughts and opinions shared here as sort of one method to help formulate my own, and I very much value that.
Glad to have you!
The field of ornithology, with emphasis on psittacines.
Well, I'm no ornithologist, but I have always loved birds and bird watching. Birds are amazing creatures.

Using frequent paragraph breaks makes text easier to read. Big blocks of text are off-putting.

From your post I gather you're old enough to have read the papers for news. Take a look at any newspaper and notice how they break up text.
Your right. And I should have known being that my mother used to be a type-setter who employed shorter paragraphs for the same reason. - Not that I've been involved in many forums lately. But thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Welcome to DP.
Sounds like you have many things that you enjoy. Take your pick and post away.

We have 3 bird feeders and a suet holder in the back of the house. Really enjoy our feathered friends.

I thought it might be a good idea to finally introduce myself. After all, I have utilized many of the thoughts and opinions shared here as sort of one method to help formulate my own, and I very much value that. That I haven't involved myself up until now, there are numerous reasons ranging from health issues (type one diabetic for 45 years), to the inability to read loads of text without the use of a magnifying glass - this, and more often than not, by the time I decide to share my own opinion, darned it if someone else hasn't come around and already offered the same one. Eh. No biggie. I'll catch up someday. So the other particulars? As of current, my interests include history here and abroad, but mostly local. Politics of course, although my leanings aren't driven by any particular 'party', they are often decided based upon integrity. The field of ornithology, with emphasis on psittacines. Photography. film, smartphone, and even a Gopro (and I'm half blind right?). Antiques and collectibles, auctions. Vintage motorcycles. Riding vintage motorcycles. And as you can probably guess, I'm not one who likes to stand still for very long, despite recently taking upon a permanent wheel chair. -- Just a heads up. Many times I've logged in here, I've often remained while heading off to do something else because I just cannot sit still. .. Anyways. Wish everyone here a safe and Happy New Years - with many more to follow. Cheers!
Welcome!
Come to the Tavern and stump us with some antiques!

Welcome to DP.

We have 3 bird feeders and a suet holder in the back of the house. Really enjoy our feathered friends.

Welcome to DP.

Used to have a back yard filled with various sized bird houses in order to accommodate various sized species of birds. Also had plenty suet holders too. Since then however, I've moved into an apartment that allows nothing of the sort. This, aside from local wildlife authorities recommending we should no longer put up bird feeders as they can fuel the spread on avian disease. Man, how times have changed. - On a more positive note, I was given permission to keep two lovebirds upon moving here 12 years ago. Both have managed live out their lives to the fullest extent. One at the early age of 12 (Goofy), the other at the age of 24 (BB, who passed Sept 11, 2020). I now focus on supporting the website 'Lovebirdspluscommunity' as an administrator.

Apparently I do not have permission to view the page.
I'm so sorry! I didn't realize the Tavern was one of the forums you can't visit until you've been here a little while. (I think it's 30 days and 200 posts. They'll send you a message.)

We'll see you then, I hope!

Hi @Pluto!

MkBN-Cf62kv-IxQe-ojgkAMRhOy7qWKRZJgLdW1aqpgcs26gwrKpmrZ7xUQukYpnaJWKdigZW4cYAF_LA2MmO3cm2xQeFV0

I'm so sorry! I didn't realize the Tavern was one of the forums you can't visit until you've been here a little while. (I think it's 30 days and 200 posts. They'll send you a message.)

We'll see you then, I hope!
As an avian website admins, I kinda figured that might have been the reason, as we generally place new members in queue. - I'll likely end up taking the 30 days path though, as I think its obvious I'm not one who posts all too often. :~ Thanks Mary - Definitely looking forwards to it.

As an avian website admins, I kinda figured that might have been the reason, as we generally place new members in queue. - I'll likely end up taking the 30 days path though, as I think its obvious I'm not one who posts all too often. :~ Thanks Mary - Definitely looking forwards to it.
Keep talking, Pluto! I think you need both.

I believe Pluto is the planet that keeps everything else aligned and in synch.

I expect that you will be the balancing planet in this solar system.

Attachments

• f023653f0ff3268e45608b2153dbedd2.jpg
    f023653f0ff3268e45608b2153dbedd2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 0

When someone else (named Neil) changed Pluto from a planet to a planetoid, why didn't they change its name to Plutoid? :unsure:

When someone else (named Neil) changed Pluto from a planet to a planetoid, why didn't they change its name to Plutoid? :unsure:

Dwarf planet bias.

I thought it might be a good idea to finally introduce myself.

I could have sworn that I already welcomed you, but cannot find the post.

At any rate, welcome aboard Pluto.

I could have sworn that I already welcomed you, but cannot find the post.

At any rate, welcome aboard Pluto.
Thank you Rogue Valley. It was nice to finally admit I'd been lurking around the board for quite some time. :~

Back
Top Bottom