• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

so about that cancel culture

bomberfox

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Turns out the Conservatives Of Cancel Kulture or C.O.C.K are going back to the early 2000s when they started cancel culture by canceling the Dixie chicks
Turns out they want to actually stifle academic freedom in NH and Arkansas and around the US. "Im gonna do the thing I whine incessantly about!"
Arkansas lawmakers look to ban topics in public schools (nwahomepage.com)
NH lawmakers debate banning schools from teaching about systematic racism and sexism | Local News | sentinelsource.com
The racists are are very afraid :p.

"teaching about systemic racism and sexism"...ie indoctrinating children to be bigoted against the most successful demographic of human to ever walk the face of the earth: the European White Male.

Schools for learnin'. Not for social indoctrination, IMO.
Teach them science in order to increase their chances of being productive and successful. STEM.

I dunno....maybe a class on the importance of two parents and sound financial & family planning. Maybe they cover that in Home Ec, if they still have that. They did when I was a kid...but a lots changed since then. Some good. Some bad.

Turns out the Conservatives Of Cancel Kulture
What is this, 6th grade? C'mon.

are going back to the early 2000s when they started cancel culture by canceling the Dixie chicks
Censorship is as old as humanity, and is not a tactic used exclusively by one ideology (let alone one at a time).

Even current left-wing censorship is not new, previously it was "political correctness." The difference is that now, leftist complaints about racism, sexism, homophobia and so on have some bite to them. Conservatives still censor, it just isn't anywhere near as effective at the moment as the left.

The racists are are very afraid
They are "afraid" because they know they're losing the "Culture Wars" that they keep starting.

Turns out the Conservatives Of Cancel Kulture or C.O.C.K are going back to the early 2000s when they started cancel culture by canceling the Dixie chicks
Turns out they want to actually stifle academic freedom in NH and Arkansas and around the US. "Im gonna do the thing I whine incessantly about!"
NH lawmakers debate banning schools from teaching about systematic racism and sexism | Local News | sentinelsource.com

Hate to see anyone use the law to ban speech.

"teaching about systemic racism and sexism"...ie indoctrinating children to be bigoted against the most successful demographic of human to ever walk the face of the earth: the European White Male.

Teach them science in order to increase their chances of being productive and successful. STEM.

I dunno....maybe a class on the importance of two parents and sound financial & family planning. Maybe they cover that in Home Ec, if they still have that. They did when I was a kid...but a lots changed since then. Some good. Some bad.

You don't seem to have mind being indoctrinated.

Just a catchy phrase to give the right a rally song. Right up there with, "open borders" and "law and order" thin, thin words without any depth of meaning........when that's all you got, it's all you got!

I started a thread on this a week ago.

Pretty much crickets from the RW.

The article I posted has links to all the latest proposed bills by the GOP

Just a catchy phrase to give the right a rally song. Right up there with, "open borders" and "law and order" thin, thin words without any depth of meaning........when that's all you got, it's all you got!
Anything to change the subject works on some conservatives when their reps and media don't have a message.

I started a thread on this a week ago.

Pretty much crickets from the RW.

The article I posted has links to all the latest proposed bills by the GOP
My bad XD. Didnt catch that

What is this, 6th grade? C'mon.

Censorship is as old as humanity, and is not a tactic used exclusively by one ideology (let alone one at a time).

Even current left-wing censorship is not new, previously it was "political correctness." The difference is that now, leftist complaints about racism, sexism, homophobia and so on have some bite to them. Conservatives still censor, it just isn't anywhere near as effective at the moment as the left.

They are "afraid" because they know they're losing the "Culture Wars" that they keep starting.
how have leftist complaints come back to bite them? Im rather curious about this bold claim. Take a joke lol.

Der sturmer is really seeping from this one ^

Thats the language of tyranny. Breaking down complex issues into short expressions reperitively expressed.

I will never forget when Rethuglican supporters cancelled the Dixie Chicks because they made one single criticism of a warmongering president.

In hindsight, that was one of many things where I came out of conservatism thinking, what the hell is these conservatives' problem??

I will never forget when Rethuglican supporters cancelled the Dixie Chicks because they made one single criticism of a warmongering president.

In hindsight, that was one of many things where I came out of conservatism thinking, what the hell is these conservatives' problem??

Wasn't just "conservatives", it was most of the nation. From my recollection. Its not like the Dixie Chix had a sizable audience rallying to their defense. Even though, as it turns out, they were absolutely correct all along. Just like Jane Fonda.

Wasn't just "conservatives", it was most of the nation.

Nope! It was was cons who cancelled a trio of country singers over one single comment about your warmongering president, while of course having no problem with our dumbest war since Vietnam. But please embarrass yourself trying and failing at rewrite history; you do excel at delivering free entertainment. (y)

Nope! It was was cons who cancelled a trio of country singers over one single comment about your warmongering president, while of course having no problem with our dumbest war since Vietnam. But please embarrass yourself trying and failing at rewrite history; you do excel at delivering free entertainment. (y)

You aren't paying any attention here are you?
George Dumbya Bush was the second to worst POTUS in my lifetime, second only to the King of Idiots donnie trump.
They both do one thing well: butcher the English language.

The facts speak for themselves: if there were a sizable audience of "liberals" consuming the Dixie Chix product, no "canceling" could have ever occurred.

But dont let me interfere with your partisan shrieking. Carry on.

You aren't paying any attention here are you?

I see that you are having trouble practicing what you preach. Let me jog your memory:

Wasn't just "conservatives", it was most of the nation. From my recollection.

Or maybe you just forgot? Maybe you confused the obnoxious, conservative cancel culture mob with the rest of us?

You also forgot about how social conservatives tried to cancel Marilyn Manson, violent video games, Beavis and Butthead, Dungeons and Dragons, The Simpsons--yes, it was considered to be pushing the envelope when it first came out!

That's all social cons do. React. They never give us anything to push for. Social cons are defined by what they're against.

I just dropped in to say that changing the spelling of "cancel" to "kancel" in order to make it fit an offensive acronym is not very smart.

That's all.

Back
Top Bottom