• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So 50+ conservative males think they know better than doctors on reproduction.

James D Hill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
First of all abortion is a bad thing but so is breast removal or chemo. Abortion should be rare but legal and that is the opinion of most Americans. If you are going to get an abortion it should be early. I agree with that concept but for 50+ redneck males that run the GOP to think they know better that a doctor and the female who needs the service for what ever reason is out of line. Who do they think they are anyway? God. Heck they don't even have vag's.

I thought you conservatives where focused on the economy last election and did not even want to talk about social issues. Well you don't want to talk about them just ram them down Americans necks. Never mind the fact 70% of Amwericans support the status quo on Roe vs Wade. Late term abortion bans are just an excuse to go after abortion period. I would compromise by making a law that said the doctor had to have a good reason for the late term abortion and get a second opinion. The bottom line is we don't need a bunch of stupid rednecks and Jesus freaks dictating policy on reproductive law.

First of all abortion is a bad thing but so is breast removal or chemo.

Uhhhh...

Wow, just wow. Kids aren't the equivalent of cancer. Your post is done after that "first of all."

We could spend a very, very long time deconstructing how awful and how stupid that first sentence is.

Uhhhh...

Wow, just wow. Kids aren't the equivalent of cancer. Your post is done after that "first of all."

We could spend a very, very long time deconstructing how awful and how stupid that first sentence is.

You have to remember that the "pro choice" crowd tends to believe that a human fetus is, in fact, the biological equivalent of a tumor.

Uhhhh...

You sir are a libertarian. It is anti libertarian for 50+ rednecks and Jesus freaks to tell a doctor what then can or can not do. I don't like abortion either but it should be legal. You conservatives and libertarians would only want to cut their foodstamps anyway.

You have to remember that the "pro choice" crowd tends to believe that a human fetus is, in fact, the biological equivalent of a tumor.

Abortion is not murder.

First of all abortion is a bad thing but so is breast removal or chemo. Abortion should be rare but legal and that is the opinion of most Americans. If you are going to get an abortion it should be early. I agree with that concept but for 50+ redneck males that run the GOP to think they know better that a doctor and the female who needs the service for what ever reason is out of line. Who do they think they are anyway? God. Heck they don't even have vag's.

I thought you conservatives where focused on the economy last election and did not even want to talk about social issues. Well you don't want to talk about them just ram them down Americans necks. Never mind the fact 70% of Amwericans support the status quo on Roe vs Wade. Late term abortion bans are just an excuse to go after abortion period. I would compromise by making a law that said the doctor had to have a good reason for the late term abortion and get a second opinion. The bottom line is we don't need a bunch of stupid rednecks and Jesus freaks dictating policy on reproductive law.

90+% if not more of the GOP supports abortion in cases of medical emergency for the mother, so your claim makes absolutely no sense.

It's not hard to find the GOP doing stupid things, so hate them for what they actually do.

90+% if not more of the GOP supports abortion in cases of medical emergency for the mother, so your claim makes absolutely no sense.

It's not hard to find the GOP doing stupid things, so hate them for what they actually do.

I suspect you made that number up. Conservatives have to that a lot to detract from the "danger area" of GOP extremism.

Then what is it?

A medical procedure. Don't let those Jesus freak morons tell you what to think. Oh by the way. Just think about the fact you will not have to pay welfare. Don't you conservatives hate welfare?

Uhhhh...

My point is medical procedures are not always what people want but that does not mean they should not be done. I agree late term abortions should be avoided but not outlawed by a bunch of knee jerk reationaries.

I suspect you made that number up. Conservatives have to that a lot to detract from the "danger area" of GOP extremism.

I've maybe seen one or two pro-lifers on Debate Politics that say abortion should be illegal when the mother's life is in real danger.

They just oppose the liberal idea of "One in ten thousand women die in childbirth, that means the child is very likely to kill the mother, so EVERY pregnancy should fall under the medical emergency clause!"

First of all abortion is a bad thing but so is breast removal or chemo.

Because having a little one growing inside of you is just like having cancer. *eyeroll*

A medical procedure. Don't let those Jesus freak morons tell you what to think. Oh by the way. Just think about the fact you will not have to pay welfare. Don't you conservatives hate welfare?

Some of the more militant prolife men around here believe a fetus ceases to be human once born. So while you can't kill a fetus, it is entirely acceptable to allow a newborn to die to them. They don't care once a child is born and then might impose of obligation on them as men. It's singularly about control of women. They exempt themselves as men from all their moral slogans about children.

Some of the more militant prolife men around here believe a fetus ceases to be human once born.

What? Who? Links please.

As a general rule people only have medical procedures to correct a problem. Simply calling abortion a medical procedure is a dodge - it doesn't address what the procedure is for. So, back to the question, what is the purpose of someone having the medical procedure called an abortion?

My view: Health treatment - to make the body work properly as it was intended.

Unless a pregnancy is causing a health concern or is outside what would be expected, abortion is not about health treatment. It is about changing the persons future parental status, that is a very different thing and not something a doctor should have any say in. So unless their is a health reason that is outside the normal pregnancy expectations I could give two ****s for what a doctor says.

Because having a little one growing inside of you is just like having cancer. *eyeroll*

My point is not all medical procedures are pleasant my friend. Abortion should be legal but rare. Jesus freaks and 50+ redneck southerm males do not know better than doctors.

My view: Health treatment - to make the body work properly as it was intended.

Unless a pregnancy is causing a health concern or is outside what would be expected, abortion is not about health treatment. It is about changing the persons future parental status, that is a very different thing and not something a doctor should have any say in. So unless their is a health reason that is outside the normal pregnancy expectations I could give two ****s for what a doctor says.

I could give two ***** for what zealots and southern conservatives say either. I think the doctor is a little smarter than those morons.

Absolutely! Abortion should be legal until the potential citizen is 18 years old, allowing for many "second opinions" and a very informed decision to be made. ;)

How is it that all manner of gun (2A) restrictions are just peachy yet any restrictions on abortion are seen as "slippery slope" attempts at a complete ban. Hmm...

You sir are a libertarian. It is anti libertarian for 50+ rednecks and Jesus freaks to tell a doctor what then can or can not do. I don't like abortion either but it should be legal. You conservatives and libertarians would only want to cut their foodstamps anyway.

Yup, I am.

Which means I believe in the non-aggression principle... As abortion is aggressive, however, its criminalization remains a neccessity.

For the record, my neck is peach / pink, I'm well under 50, and I don't believe in any religion... But just the same, doctors shouldn't be killing those who should be their patients for money.

I could give two ***** for what zealots and southern conservatives say either. I think the doctor is a little smarter than those morons.

I think you may have missed my point. If it is not about maintaining ones health but instead about a persons choice to have a child. How does a doctors opinion play into that decision other then explaining the procedure and the risks involved? Its about as relevant as secretaries giving me mechanical advise on my transmission.

Absolutely! Abortion should be legal until the potential citizen is 18 years old, allowing for many "second opinions" and a very informed decision to be made. ;)

How is it that all manner of gun (2A) restrictions are just peachy yet any restrictions on abortion are seen as "slippery slope" attempts at a complete ban. Hmm...

It is always about guns for you. I grew up in a NRA family. My father and brother are both gun freaks. I like team sports. What turned me off on the gun culture is the fact I was always the strongest and biggest guy in the room and those gun freaks would talk crap about me being a hippy and a pot smoker and when I kicked their butt they would always threaten to shoot me like a bunch of cowards. My father shot himself in the leg my accident and that calmed his shooting obsession. Most Washington state conservatives are hunters and gun freaks. They are a minority but once you get out of the Seattle Tacoma area they are the majority. Abortion should be legal but rare. Guns should be legal for responible gun owners but not for crazy nuts. That is why we need background checks. We have already debated this and you know where I stand.

Back
Top Bottom