• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So 50+ conservative males think they know better than doctors on reproduction.

First of all abortion is a bad thing but so is breast removal or chemo. Abortion should be rare but legal and that is the opinion of most Americans. If you are going to get an abortion it should be early. I agree with that concept but for 50+ redneck males that run the GOP to think they know better that a doctor and the female who needs the service for what ever reason is out of line. Who do they think they are anyway? God. Heck they don't even have vag's.

I thought you conservatives where focused on the economy last election and did not even want to talk about social issues. Well you don't want to talk about them just ram them down Americans necks. Never mind the fact 70% of Amwericans support the status quo on Roe vs Wade. Late term abortion bans are just an excuse to go after abortion period. I would compromise by making a law that said the doctor had to have a good reason for the late term abortion and get a second opinion. The bottom line is we don't need a bunch of stupid rednecks and Jesus freaks dictating policy on reproductive law.

Is this just another "Hey! Pretend there's a difference between Republicans and Democrats as they both go wage war against the world killing thousands, tens of thousands, where ever they want whenever they want while simultaneously promoting the Corporate State over the welfare and the liberty of the People" threads? Cause I've had enough of those.

I can't think of a single instance other than abortion where people claim that cells are a person.

I can't think of any other species that is human, and that makes all the difference.

We are talking about the right to life, a concept lower animals cannot contemplate (however much their survival relies on the instinct to survive).

I can't think of any other species that is human, and that makes all the difference.

We are talking about the right to life, a concept lower animals cannot contemplate (however much their survival relies on the instinct to survive).

It may make a difference but it doesn't resolve the issue, which intersects philosophical speculation with legal concepts of personhood.

Frankly, when somebody makes the quasi-philosophical/religious claim that cells in a woman's body are persons and therefore he has a right to restrict what she can do with them, I want him to have a pretty good argument supporting that. Otherwise, I'm inclined to let that particular woman decide the issue.

I haven't heard any good argument yet. Seems to me a person is defined by a functioning brain, and until that happens there is no personhood. But whatever. It's a complex issue that can't be resolved by the vehemence of one's beliefs about it.

No, I'm wondering why that is.

I can't thing of a single instance other than abortion where people support intentionally killing another person out of convenience.

Am I commiting abortion every time I wack off? How is an unformed fetus a baby? I never read that in the bible. If the social conservatives did not hate birth control as much as they hate abortion then maybe we could prevent some of these unwanted abortions. Not having sex at all sonds nice and pure but after a couple of 24 oz beers even good kids have sex and that is fact.

Is this just another "Hey! Pretend there's a difference between Republicans and Democrats as they both go wage war against the world killing thousands, tens of thousands, where ever they want whenever they want while simultaneously promoting the Corporate State over the welfare and the liberty of the People" threads? Cause I've had enough of those.

There used to be little differance between dem's and the GOP but that is no longer true. The GOP has been taken over by far right wing freaks. It used to be nut jobs like Louie Gohmert or Michele Bachmann would have been laughed out of the room by their own pary but that is no longer true after the right wing revolution in 1994.

There used to be little differance between dem's and the GOP but that is no longer true. The GOP has been taken over by far right wing freaks. It used to be nut jobs like Louie Gohmert or Michele Bachmann would have been laughed out of the room by their own pary but that is no longer true after the right wing revolution in 1994.

No, there used to be real philosophical differences between the DNC and RNC, but now those are merely words spoken to give the perception of difference. Both sides move equally towards infinity war, Big Brother, and the Corporate State.

No, there used to be real philosophical differences between the DNC and RNC, but now those are merely words spoken to give the perception of difference. Both sides move equally towards infinity war, Big Brother, and the Corporate State.

Yes but they have differant views on what big brother should watch out for. The left would let you smoke pot and gays to marry but restrict what business can or can not do. The right would let big business run amoke but restrict personal morality.

Yes but they have differant views on what big brother should watch out for. The left would let you smoke pot and gays to marry but restrict what business can or can not do. The right would let big business run amoke but restrict personal morality.

Dems will take my guns, dems will increase monitoring and surveillance of us all, dems continue our infinity war and expand it, dems will take as much money as they want for their corporate buddies, dems will send us all to our deaths for the proliferation of the aristocracy and their corporate brethren. Just like the republicans.

Republocrats...any difference is imagined.

No. Your work product contains only sperm. You need an egg to create a baby.

I was just asking at what point is a egg a baby and safe to abort without you right wingers screaming murder. I agree late term abortion should be avoided and all abortion could be avoided if the handed out condoms and birth control pills but you conservatives are against that also and to hope teen's will not have sex is stupid and unrealistic.Did you know that teens get knocked up at a much higher rate in red states. In Oklahoma you see pregnent girls in school at a much higher rate that here in Washington State and that is because religous conservatives hate birth control as much as they hate abortion.

Dems will take my guns, dems will increase monitoring and surveillance of us all, dems continue our infinity war and expand it, dems will take as much money as they want for their corporate buddies, dems will send us all to our deaths for the proliferation of the aristocracy and their corporate brethren. Just like the republicans.

Republocrats...any difference is imagined.

The gun culture needs to be reeled in bigtime. The way the NRA acted on background checks was a discrace big time. Too many freaking cowboys.

The gun culture needs to be reeled in bigtime. The way the NRA acted on background checks was a discrace big time. Too many freaking cowboys.

NRA is a bunch of gun control accepting ******s. And you prove my point. Republicans....Democrats.....y'all both want my rights and are willing to expand your own power in any way to get them. Thanks for being no different than the GOP.

NRA is a bunch of gun control accepting ******s. And you prove my point. Republicans....Democrats.....y'all both want my rights and are willing to expand your own power in any way to get them. Thanks for being no different than the GOP.

So why do you have to have guns? Why are you obsessed by guns? Why don't you support 100% background checks on all gun sales? I don't want to take your guns away but I do think nutjobs should not have guns. What is your opinion on abortion? That is what this thread is about my friend.

So why do you have to have guns?

To try to keep the rest of you from coming after my rights. Have you seen all the crap you corporate Republocrats have been doing to the rest of us? Spying on us, throwing more of us in jail per capita than anyone else, sending us off to die in your corporate wars, expanding your power against our rights and liberties so your fellow aristocrats can prosper just a bit more, widen and widen and widen the divide between the super rich and everyone else, etc. Thanks a lot.

To try to keep the rest of you from coming after my rights. Have you seen all the crap you corporate Republocrats have been doing to the rest of us? Spying on us, throwing more of us in jail per capita than anyone else, sending us off to die in your corporate wars, expanding your power against our rights and liberties so your fellow aristocrats can prosper just a bit more, widen and widen and widen the divide between the super rich and everyone else, etc. Thanks a lot.

You are not a conspericy freak are you my friend? All I have to say to you is good luck shooting down F-22's and A-10's with your hunting rifle.

You are not a conspericy freak are you my friend? All I have to say to you is good luck shooting down F-22's and A-10's with your hunting rifle.

Yeah, well if F-22's and A-10's were all it took, we'd not still be in the Middle East fighting terrorists....and civilians.

Thanks for supporting the Corporate State.

I am not a big NRA fan. They lie and distort the facts on gun safety laws. That said your son should be able to wear any shirt he wants as long as it is not vulger and he should be able to pray as long as he does not go into speaking tounges or screaming. I was told when I worked at Boeing that I could not wear a King Diamond shirt because King Diamond was a known Satanist. It ticked me off being a metal fan and who said metal was supposed to be nice. The more Satanic the better the metal.

The NRA has not and is not lying or distorting facts on gun safety laws... in fact, they are the only ones in the debate that are actually dealing with facts. Case in point... after Sandy hook.. what did the democrats propose as the way to prevent Sandy hook? Background checks for gun purchases right? ... The shooter at Sandy Hook, DID NOT PURCHASE HIS WEAPONS... he murdered his mother.. and STOLE her weapons... yet the antigunners want us all to believe that we'd be safer if we could just background check every LEGAL purchase. The anti gunners lie at every turn. "Look at how gun control works.. and point to Britain and Australia..and their "lower gun crime"... not pointing out that after their gun control laws went into effect violent crime.. actually went UP in those two countries. FURTHER.. the anti gunners fail to acknowledge Mexico.. that has extremely stringent gun laws... now if gun laws were such a panacea for crime, as the anti gunners maintain.. then Mexico should be a utopia of safety. but its not is it?

So why do you have to have guns? Why are you obsessed by guns? Why don't you support 100% background checks on all gun sales? I don't want to take your guns away but I do think nutjobs should not have guns. What is your opinion on abortion? That is what this thread is about my friend.
I'll answer that.
As a gun owner and a conservative, I am not "obsessed" with guns,, just as I am not "obsessed" with "killing babies". I believe that both issues are about freedom and laws shouldn't be made to restrict someone's rights just because the majority at the time thinks its a "good idea".

For one, people that are going to use guns to murder people are not going to be afraid to buy guns illegally. so this idea that "you are going to prevent "nutjobs" from having guns is false".. not to mention.. how do you determine who is a nutjob? Because my patient takes an anti depressant for sciatic pain? and you are willing to put millions of legal citizens under the governments say so whether they can purchase or not.

The same goes for Abortion... certainly you would agree Mr. Hill that some abortions are done that you would not agree with. Certainly there was the case where the doctor ended up killing babies after they were born and ended up killing one of his patients. Because that incidence happened... doesn't it "make sense" that every women who wants an abortion be screened as well as her physician to make sure that its a safe and legal abortion? Would you agree with a law proposed by the religious right, that every woman seeking an abortion had to pass a check to make sure that what she was doing was legal and safe?
Certainly, its the same rationale that you are making for universal background checks.

I would submit that neither is constitutional.

First of all abortion is a bad thing but so is breast removal or chemo. Abortion should be rare but legal and that is the opinion of most Americans. If you are going to get an abortion it should be early. I agree with that concept but for 50+ redneck males that run the GOP to think they know better that a doctor and the female who needs the service for what ever reason is out of line. Who do they think they are anyway? God. Heck they don't even have vag's.

I thought you conservatives where focused on the economy last election and did not even want to talk about social issues. Well you don't want to talk about them just ram them down Americans necks. Never mind the fact 70% of Amwericans support the status quo on Roe vs Wade. Late term abortion bans are just an excuse to go after abortion period. I would compromise by making a law that said the doctor had to have a good reason for the late term abortion and get a second opinion. The bottom line is we don't need a bunch of stupid rednecks and Jesus freaks dictating policy on reproductive law.
Redneck? See this is why people like you dont count.
Dont agree with you and all you got is name calling, generalizations and insults.

The NRA has not and is not lying or distorting facts on gun safety laws... in fact, they are the only ones in the debate that are actually dealing with facts. Case in point... after Sandy hook.. what did the democrats propose as the way to prevent Sandy hook? Background checks for gun purchases right? ... The shooter at Sandy Hook, DID NOT PURCHASE HIS WEAPONS... he murdered his mother.. and STOLE her weapons... yet the antigunners want us all to believe that we'd be safer if we could just background check every LEGAL purchase. The anti gunners lie at every turn. "Look at how gun control works.. and point to Britain and Australia..and their "lower gun crime"... not pointing out that after their gun control laws went into effect violent crime.. actually went UP in those two countries. FURTHER.. the anti gunners fail to acknowledge Mexico.. that has extremely stringent gun laws... now if gun laws were such a panacea for crime, as the anti gunners maintain.. then Mexico should be a utopia of safety. but its not is it?

I am not debating gun right on this thread but if you believe those liars at the NRA then you are as stupid as they come. They know if they lie it will tick off all the stupid one issue rednecks who believe all the BS they spew. Yes the NRA is a bunch if liars in the first degree.What is your opinion on abortion as that is what this thread is about not the lying NRA.

Redneck? See this is why people like you dont count.
Dont agree with you and all you got is name calling, generalizations and insults.

If the shoe fits then where it my friend. What is wrong with calling anti freedom social conservatives rednecks? County singers brag about being rednecks. Jim Dement bragged about being a redneck. Louie Gohmert brags about being a redneck so I am calling right wing morons rednecks. Why not? Your not a conservative are you? Why should you care.

I'll answer that.
As a gun owner and a conservative, I am not "obsessed" with guns,, just as I am not "obsessed" with "killing babies". I believe that both issues are about freedom and laws shouldn't be made to restrict someone's rights just because the majority at the time thinks its a "good idea".

For one, people that are going to use guns to murder people are not going to be afraid to buy guns illegally. so this idea that "you are going to prevent "nutjobs" from having guns is false".. not to mention.. how do you determine who is a nutjob? Because my patient takes an anti depressant for sciatic pain? and you are willing to put millions of legal citizens under the governments say so whether they can purchase or not.

The same goes for Abortion... certainly you would agree Mr. Hill that some abortions are done that you would not agree with. Certainly there was the case where the doctor ended up killing babies after they were born and ended up killing one of his patients. Because that incidence happened... doesn't it "make sense" that every women who wants an abortion be screened as well as her physician to make sure that its a safe and legal abortion? Would you agree with a law proposed by the religious right, that every woman seeking an abortion had to pass a check to make sure that what she was doing was legal and safe?
Certainly, its the same rationale that you are making for universal background checks.

I would submit that neither is constitutional.

How is restricting abortions about preserving freedom freedom. Why are you conservatives so paranoid about gun rights. Do you conservatives worship guns it sure seems that way to me. What would God think about putting guns ahead of him.

Yeah, well if F-22's and A-10's were all it took, we'd not still be in the Middle East fighting terrorists....and civilians.

Thanks for supporting the Corporate State.

Stop the gun freak BS and debate abortion like this thread ios about. Guns are for wimps who can't fight thier way out of a wet paper bag. Hit the wieghts.

If the shoe fits then where it my friend. What is wrong with calling anti freedom social conservatives rednecks? County singers brag about being rednecks. Jim Dement bragged about being a redneck. Louie Gohmert brags about being a redneck so I am calling right wing morons rednecks. Why not? Your not a conservative are you? Why should you care.
Do I need to repeat myself?

Stop the gun freak BS and debate abortion like this thread ios about. Guns are for wimps who can't fight thier way out of a wet paper bag. Hit the wieghts.
Sure Chuck, this is Chuck Norris aint it. Or is it just another internet wannabe bad man.

Back
Top Bottom