• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Snowflake needs safe space. Will take bribes.

Sure.

And Trump should also have the right to block the fool.

I would agree with you if he used twitter only under his capacity as a private citizen or for campaigning, but he has used it for official purposes and that is the greater weight.

That has to be the most stupid appeal argument submitted to the court ever. Obama was right...after three years, he still doesn't know how to be president.
In Trump’s defense, it’s unfair to expect Trump to learn how to be a president when he hasn’t even learned how to be a decent human being or a man.

Do you extend that same invitation to yourself?

Or, are you just hypocritical that way?

Don't you think EVERYONE should have the right to block someone making a death threat?

Absolutely! Well, I didn't spend too much time on the boo hoo part, to be perfectly honest, so maybe a bit hypocritical. But I have certainly gotten over the fact that people are sending Trump death threats. :shrug:

I think even a couple of the rightwing justices (particularly Roberts) are getting a bit sick of Dirtbag running or sometimes jumping to the SC to settle his little ego's injury and protect him from the public scorn he's so richly earned. But this does show just what a ***** he's always been.

Everyone should have the right to block death threats. Even the most powerful man in the world.

So if this were limited only to death threats, you'd be fine with it? Death threats against the president are exceedingly rare and harshly punished.

How about if someone on Twitter issues a death threat against Trump? Shouldn't he be allowed to block them?

The ruling in question only stops him from blocking people based on their political viewpoint. Blocking somebody for issuing a death threat, would likely not fall under the ruling.

How about if someone on Twitter issues a death threat against Trump? Shouldn't he be allowed to block them?

Just for your information, right wingers that were too zealous, were turned in as dangerous, by google. Pass it on.

actually, Twitter will ban them.

easy peasy.

Ef1mf5EXYAITBt7.jpg

I think even a couple of the rightwing justices (particularly Roberts) are getting a bit sick of Dirtbag running or sometimes jumping to the SC to settle his little ego's injury and protect him from the public scorn he's so richly earned. But this does show just what a ***** he's always been.

agreed

You didn't answer my question.

No...it's not. The SS will deal with the threat, but they cannot tell Trump if he can block someone or not.

It takes time to send the person to prison. Why can't Trump block the person in the meantime?

Seriously?

You can't defend Trump or attack the Circuit Court's decision, but instead of simply leaving the thread alone you just have to try to indirectly defend Trump by creating a straw man distraction?

Making a serious death threat against the president lands a person in jail, where the status of their twitter account will be the least of their concerns. Twitter will do the blocking via account deletion if you make death threats using it, anyway, so the whole thing is as moot as it is stupid.

Seriously?

You can't defend Trump or attack the Circuit Court's decision, but instead of simply leaving the thread alone you just have to try to indirectly defend Trump by creating a straw man distraction?

isn't that what Rush and Sean have trained them to do?

Do you extend that same invitation to yourself?

Or, are you just hypocritical that way?

Don't you think EVERYONE should have the right to block someone making a death threat?

Death threat is a rhetorical device. It means, If Trump threatens X, on twitter, and X happens, is Twitter proof of premeditation?

given that he is using it for administrative reasons, I don't think he should as it affects the public record.

the ability for twitter to adhere for their own terms of service is protection enough.

Twidiots have never been part of the public record. Trump is part of the public record.

Stupid question. Anyone who threatens a sitting president will have a lot more than being blocked to worry about.

For sure. But is that any reason to take away from Trump the same right everyone else has?

I would agree with you if he used twitter only under his capacity as a private citizen or for campaigning, but he has used it for official purposes and that is the greater weight.

The twidiots aren't part of any official purposes. They are private citizens and are subject to being blocked like any other private citizen.

So if this were limited only to death threats, you'd be fine with it? Death threats against the president are exceedingly rare and harshly punished.

I don't limit this only to death threats.

The ruling in question only stops him from blocking people based on their political viewpoint. Blocking somebody for issuing a death threat, would likely not fall under the ruling.

Let me know when you know for sure. And be sure to tell Guyzilla, too.

Just for your information, right wingers that were too zealous, were turned in as dangerous, by google. Pass it on.

So what?

Does that justify taking an ability away from one person?

Seriously?

Making a serious death threat against the president lands a person in jail, where the status of their twitter account will be the least of their concerns. Twitter will do the blocking via account deletion if you make death threats using it, anyway, so the whole thing is as moot as it is stupid.

I'm not the one who brought up death threats. Read the OP.

I'm not the one who brought up death threats. Read the OP.

It was meant philosophical, as that is what is allowed. Make it any threat, to business, by boycott, or person, by critic.

yawn...

Again...so what?

Donald Trump is making official statements on Twitter all the time. It doesn't matter if he mixes in personal stuff and insults all the time, which he does. It doesn't matter if the occasional nut job threatens him and is banned from Twitter.

You can't block US citizens if you're going to do that.

You know what you really should be doing? You should go to Donald Trump's Twitter feed every single day tell him to quit acting like a twelve-year-old punk. Grown, mature men should be doing so. Just use adult language instead of how Trump talks.

Donald Trump is making official statements on Twitter all the time. It doesn't matter if he mixes in personal stuff and insults all the time, which he does. It doesn't matter if the occasional nut job threatens him and is banned from Twitter.

You know what you really should be doing? You should go to Donald Trump's Twitter feed every single day tell him to quit acting like a twelve-year-old punk. Grown, mature men should be doing so. Just use adult language instead of how Trump talks.

You're effectively telling him to question his god. He's not capable. :lamo

Who says? Some judge? Thanks, but I'll wait and see what the Supremes say.

In the meantime, it's my opinion that Trump should continue to have the same rights as any other person with a Twitter account.

Nah...I'll leave that up to you and all the twidiots who are triggered by Trump's words...and can't control themselves.

Back
Top Bottom