• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Snowden granted 1-year asylum in Russia

That's not going to happen. I'd be interested to hear your reasoning, though.
Snowden may very well be the catalyst that woke people up to something that will forever change the world... DATA MINING. The very concept of such a practice is evil.

I can't say strongly enough how deeply I oppose this...

I bet Russia won't put him in a job that requires trust.

I am sure this is not the last we have Heard of him.

People who have been long dead have been pardoned for crimes........

You don't have to be alive to be pardoned.

Besides, Snowden isn't exactly Benedict Arnold.

Hell, "Squeaky" Fromme was pardoned.

Just FYI, Fromme was not pardoned.

I bet Russia won't put him in a job that requires trust.

I am sure this is not the last we have Heard of him.

They're trying to use him as a propagandist on their (Russia's) version of facebook. Like "Tokyo Rose." At least they "offered" Snowden the position however, given the fact Snowden was offered refugee status I don't know if it's "a deal he can refuse."

If I was in his position I would have already been back in the US....

Illegal aliens have shown us that sneaking over the border isn't that difficult....

I'm pulling for Snowden candidly. BUT... he also is now one Ace in Putin's hand in the upcoming meeting with Obama.

Just FYI, Fromme was not pardoned.

Sorry, I was thinking of Patty Hurst... Oh and now that I look it up she was pardoned TWICE; once by Carter and once by Clinton --- Two peas in a pod those guys...

I'm pulling for Snowden candidly. BUT... he also is now one Ace in Putin's hand in the upcoming meeting with Obama.

Putin turns Snowden over to Obama and you will see libertarians pull SDS/Weather Underground type stunts....

Last edited:

no he's not ... maybe a two of diamonds or a six of clubs, but not an ace ...

no he's not ... maybe a two of diamonds or a six of clubs, but not an ace ...

He is if Putin wants to incite a US civil war which Putin certainly doesn't for economic reasons.

He is if Putin wants to incite a US civil war which Putin certainly doesn't for economic reasons.

that's right ... but I find this story fascinating ... a lot of people on the right and left are more pissed off at what he revealed than the fact that he probably broke the law ... despite our differences, both sides tend to like ther privacy ... go figure ..

that's right ... but I find this story fascinating ... a lot of people on the right and left are more pissed off at what he revealed than the fact that he probably broke the law ... despite our differences, both sides tend to like ther privacy ... go figure ..

Singular people want THEIR utopia - the hell with the rest of society.

They're all totalitarians who believe one day they can be the next Mao or Stalin (among many nuts) and the people are their pawns and the constitution gets in their way. They either believe that or they believe they purchased their ticket to be immune from the impending effects of the "dear leaders" agenda by giving support to the "dear leader" in the short term. A good example of that would be the unions who supported Obamacare but are now calling bull**** because they're not "immune." They thought they bought a sweet ticket of immunity but they were wrong.

Sad to report, the US has become the world's most despised government. With 'austerity' programs imposed by a banking system controlled in the US, and with drone attacks throughout the muslim world, the US government is known for its cruelty, greed and murdering ways.

Russia steps in and is suddenly the refuge for whistleblowers and enemies of the state. My, how roles have been reversed....:(

good one humbolt, battle of the egos.....

your probably an environmentalist too right???

:lol: They get to slap the U.S. around rhetorically while debriefing Snowden at length to find out everything he can tell them. Those of you who think this guy is some kind of hero falling on his sword are hard pressed to explain why he would out stuff that even you wouldn't find unconstitutional, but is simply something he can do to screw with national security. Now he's enabling Putin :2wave: Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom