• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SNL drops country star Morgan Wallen as musical guest after he’s seen partying maskless a week before show

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Country music star Morgan Wallen was dropped by “Saturday Night Live” as this week’s musical guest, the singer announced on his Instagram account Wednesday evening. Wallen drew backlash after TikTok videos were posted in which he was partying without a mask at the University of Alabama days before.

“I’m in New York City in a hotel room, I was getting ready for SNL this Saturday, and I got a call from the show letting me know I will no longer be able to play,” Wallen said in a short video. “And that’s because of covid protocols, which I understand.”
“I am not positive for covid,” he continued. “My actions this past weekend were pretty shortsighted, and they have obviously affected my long-term goals and my dreams. I respect the show’s decision because I know that I put them in jeopardy. I take ownership for this. I’d like to apologize to SNL, to my fans, to my team, for bringing me these opportunities. And I let them down.”
====================================================
They have their rules & protocols. There is a need to minimize the risk to others on the show.

Wow, he blew an SNL opportunity. That's big-time. But at least they offered him to come back, when he's better under control.

Back
Top Bottom