• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sneak Peek - DP v. 3.0

RedAkston

Master of Shenanigans
Administrator
Dungeon Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
We have been working on the layout for the upgrade to vB 4.0 for Debate Politics for the past few days. While there are still a few bugs to work out, we have made a lot of progress today. There are a lot of new features in 4.0, but not all will be immediately available, this will be a work in progress. The CMS will be turned off initially until a later time when we have done some more testing. The 'blogs' feature may or may not be active upon implementation as there are still a few bugs with it. In time though, both of these new features will be available.

Personally, I'm very excited about the CMS side of vB. It has the potential to be great, and it is my hope that with some more testing and a lot of work that it becomes an exciting part of DP 3.0.

Anyway, enough with the rambling. Below is a picture of the new site in a test environment. There may be a few tweaks and color changes, but for the most part it's going to look pretty close to what you see. It looks different, but it's still Debate Politics. Debate Politics is about the people, not the colors or the shapes. It may take a little getting used to, but with the features and the security vB 4.0 brings with it, it's a no-brainer.

dp_new.jpg

Last edited:
megaprogman, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out Home

Looks like the permissions are set for nonnormal members.

"You do not have permission to view this page"....so basically you're telling us we're all banned :rofl

"You do not have permission to view this page"....so basically you're telling us we're all banned :rofl

DP 3.0 Tabula Rasa :lol:

Here is Hugh's thumbnail attachment viewed as a normal screenshot image...

67110318d1274845494-sneak-peek-dp-v-3-0-dp_new.jpg

Here is Hugh's thumbnail attachment viewed as a normal screenshot image...

Still not working Tashah. The post is blank below what you wrote. I tried pulling out the link and putting that in another tab and got the same access denied message.

Perhaps it can be attached to a post?

Still not working Tashah. The post is blank below what you wrote. I tried pulling out the link and putting that in another tab and got the same access denied message.

Hmm. I can see them just fine.

Let me try something different. Hold on.

What browser are you using? I can see it just fine in Firefox. I'm still unclear why everyone isn't using Firefox by now, but I digress.

And for the record, only Jerry is banned from the new site. :lol:

What browser are you using? I can see it just fine in Firefox. I'm still unclear why everyone isn't using Firefox by now, but I digress.

And for the record, only Jerry is banned from the new site. :lol:

Firefox 3.6.3. I believe it is a permission issue. Everyone who can see it is a mod of some type it seems. This is why I asked if it could be posted as a post attachment. It puts it in a different "spot" and avoid the permission problem.

Last edited:
Let's see if this method works...

Hrm, in looking at the URL, it looks like its coming from this subforum. My suggestion is to place it in your personal gallary and linking it from there.

Last edited:
This what your post looks like:

When I put the url from a quote of your post into my header, I get this:

FYI: I use firefox.

Ditto.....

nope, it doesn't like us lower members of DP society, still getting this
spud_meister, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Give me a minute and I'll edit the original post so everyone can see it.

1st post has been edited and everyone should be able to see it now. And yes, Jerry is still banned. :lol:

1st post has been edited and everyone should be able to see it now. And yes, Jerry is still banned. :lol:

I can see it.

Derp a derr!!!!!

Last edited:
Wow I like it. Sharp and professional. I can't wait.

The forum is going down tonight, right?

Too bad you will be banned from using it. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom