• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SNAFU! Sebelius the Good Obamabot Confronted by healthcare.gov Glitches

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Sebelius held a big open air demonstration of healthcare.gov, the web site that people are supposed to be able to sign up for health insurance, at Heinz Field in Pittsburg. Sure enough, nobody could get the site to work.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius had a front-row view of the problems plaguing the website that the government established to allow people to shop for health insurance under Obamacare.

Sebelius and Steelers Chairman Dan Rooney were at an enrollment and education event on Thursday at Heinz Field to promote Healthcare.gov, but people who showed up encountered problems in signing up for coverage on the website.

I have no doubt that they will eventually get the web site to work. They've already spent more on it that it cost to develop Facebook and Twitter combined, and it's still not working. They will just spend a lot more money and eventually get it to work.

But, guys, surely it's clear by now that we have put the equivalent of the US Post Office in charge of health care. Surely we all know what a debacle this already is and what kind of debacle this foreshadows for all of us. We can stick with it and we'll have the Post Office's efficiency in health care. That's the future of American medicine. Shame on all those who have brought us to this. Yeah, they will eventually 'deliver the mail', unless it's anything complicated or out of the ordinary, in which case your 'parcel' will just disappear, but, Christ Jesus Hanging on a Lamp Post, can't we do better?

Yeah, a good friend came by today, and said he had tried for days to access the site, and see what the deal was, and had no success whatsoever. I figured it would be a cluster**** of the greatest magnitude.

Yeah, a good friend came by today, and said he had tried for days to access the site, and see what the deal was, and had no success whatsoever. I figured it would be a cluster**** of the greatest magnitude.

That has been my experience having tried 5-15 times (at least) each day since the opening.

Back
Top Bottom