• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Smugglers Cutting Through The Border Wall.

Like what?
How serious are you about keeping them out?

Most of them are making the trip for an opportunity to bette their lives. Cut off the opportunity and the reason for making the dangerous trip is gone.
Of course cutting off the opportunity would hurt all of us, so the question is how serious are you?

So...instead of spending a trillion per year...exaggeration, btw...you would rather spend a trillion per year dealing with the illegal aliens you want to let walk across the border.

Doesn't sound so smart to me.
Binary arguments rarely make sense.

So...instead of spending a trillion per year...exaggeration, btw...you would rather spend a trillion per year dealing with the illegal aliens you want to let walk across the border.

Doesn't sound so smart to me.
you could bother to educate yourself, but we all know you won't.

Okay, finally found something on this...

... but I am not finding too many articles on this.

Looks like all you need is a few common power tools, a little time, and so much for the wall.
I have an idea for a chain of sawzall rental shops scattered across the Mexican side of the border.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

Yes and no. As long as it's a open secret the place inside the security device will provide schools for their kids, healthcare, and a job that will provide a much better standard of living not to mention the billion dollar industry of passing drugs through - what's the point of continuing to pay for security devices that will never be that much of an obstacle to the rewards inside.

Yes we do need security devices but as long as people know the rewards for getting themselves or drugs over the border, it's kind of a waste of money.

That’s true. Once you decriminalize trespassing (unlawful entry) then we may as well get rid of CBP and ICE/ERO harassment of those ‘undocumented’ people (or foreign nationals) who would rather reside here.

Last edited:
You have a very selective memory.

During the Trump administration, they stoked up fear in support of the wall by talking about the caravans of illegals marching on the southern border a number of times. Are you telling us that was a lie? Well, we know it was but at the time you are convinced it was happening…
You are the one with selective memory. There absolutely were caravans of illegal aliens moving toward the border during Trump's presidency. They were stopped at the border. Trump also forced Mexico to stop many caravans before they got to the border.

And also, didn’t the millions NOT show up because we spent so long in lock down and there were no jobs for them? Which means that if they are coming against it’s because Biden increased the number of jobs that Americans are applying for? You know, the greatest resignation?
No. They came because Biden invited them to come...and then he let them in.

And are we going to pretend that the Congressional record doesn’t show at least two bills that were killed by Trump allies had spending to increase border patrol and related agencies for better pay, training, equipment and recruitment because there was no wall spending? Which resulted in agencies not having the manpower to do the jobs?
Have you forgotten about Nancy's "NO!!"?

Or how about killing spending bills that would have enhanced the immigration courts to process more and kick out illegals more effectively instead of releasing within the nation because the GOP noticed no wall funding?
Again..."NO!!"

As you like to say…

You are dismissed.
Sorry, but your selective memory won't get you anywhere.

The U.S. govt. has spent 2.5 million dollars repairing the 3,272 cases of smugglers simply sawing through Trump's wall. Hey Donnie Boy! Whoops!
Yep, because the floods of illegals has caused BLS to pull agents off patrolling and stuck them into processing and baby sitting jobs.

Most of them are making the trip for an opportunity to bette their lives. Cut off the opportunity and the reason for making the dangerous trip is gone.
Of course cutting off the opportunity would hurt all of us, so the question is how serious are you?

Hmm… did cutting off the opportunity to drive without a license hurt us all?

There are 6 billion people who could improve their lives by migrating here. And if they are seeking to improve their lives, they can follow our laws for legal entry rather than file bogus claims of asylum

I don't need biased "education" from PBS.

Yep, because immigration with or without permission is the same thing. If we needed more people lacking adequate English language skills and/or a HS education then we could create more of them locally (and save money doing so).

There are 6 billion people who could improve their lives by migrating here. And if they are seeking to improve their lives, they can follow our laws for legal entry rather than file bogus claims of asylum
OK, you are not serious about it.

After the first billion (or two) are admitted, that may no longer be the case. ;)

Maybe thats the plan.

The plan is to insist that those who claim to have been here for a while be granted US citizenship as part of any “comprehensive” reform of federal immigrations laws. The demorat strategy appears to be allowing lots more in hopes that will make the republicants agree to those terms. It worked in 1968 and history often repeats itself.

Lol. Not agreeing with you means im not serious. Ok, sure.
You are not serious because just said you disagree with out even addressing anything.
You only read the reason I gave, not the solution, which is cut off the opportunity. Meaning go after those that employee and attract illegal immigration in the first place.
But of course that will come with a huge cost to all of us, so are you serious or not?

i think an easier thing to do is list the things that trump has been involved in where OTHER people DIDN'T lose $$$$.

You are not serious because just said you disagree with out even addressing anything.
You only read the reason I gave, not the solution, which is cut off the opportunity. Meaning go after those that employee and attract illegal immigration in the first place.
But of course that will come with a huge cost to all of us, so are you serious or not?
You mean E-Verify? I have no problem with that. But it still wont stop people swarming the border with bogus claims of asylum

You mean E-Verify? I have no problem with that. But it still wont stop people swarming the border with bogus claims of asylum
No it means fine and imprison those that hire illegal workers. that includes peoples maids, nannies, gardeners. really go after corporations that hire including Ag, meat packing and hotels.
Now what price do you want to pay for meat and produce now?

That (bolded above) is a good idea, but would require eVerify and changes to the federal income tax code. Require employers (those who issue W-2 or 1099 documents) to include the employee’s name, address and SSN and the amount of direct labor to be deducted for that person. IRS would then run an eVerify check - allowing deduction of only the direct labor costs of employees or independent contractors who passed an (IRS conducted) eVerify check.

Back
Top Bottom