• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Smoking Poll - Smoking Laws

Are You In Favor of Banning Indoor Smoking in Public Establishments

• Yes - I am a NON-SMOKER

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • NO - I am a NON-SMOKER

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • YES - I am a SMOKER

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • NO - I am a SMOKER

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
Calm2Chaos said:
I have the right to make the decision. If you don't see that then you would be the joke. So unless it's spelled out in the constitution exactly it doesn't count. Then you have very few rights. And I think all your personal information should be posted in this forum. SS# drivers license # birthdate... Everything. Because another thing the constitution does not provide is your right to privacy

...Except that the right to privacy has been established through precendent of decisions of the Supreme Court, thus, it exists.

The right to smoking has not.

If you want, I can give you an explanation to how the court system works, and how it affects the constitution.

Calm2Chaos said:
Thats entirely to tough a decsion for some of the simpletons here. They just can't figure out how to walk past a place without sticking there face in the door and taking deep breaths of second hand smoke. Course this also gives them something to complain about. And really, isn't that what being a liberal is all about ....:lol:
Are you so naive (stupid) to believe that people who are anti-smoking are predominently liberal? Maybe nicotine is clouding your thoughts? Perhaps your argument has gone up in smoke?

The Mayor & Governor of NY State are REPUBLICANS, hardly liberals and they both pushed for and signed into law anti-smoking legislation.

Or where you just trying to make another stupid generalization about people who disagree with you?

new coup for you said:
i want to smoke cigarettes while burning a bible and screaming racial slurs and hammered out of my mind on peach schanpps. why? because if the constitution was honored i'd legally be able too.

I might disagree with you, but if you're going to do that, let me know. That would be something to see.

I'll bring the schnapps.:mrgreen:

i think it would be a beautiful affirmation of our American Bill of Rights

i could wear a shirt that says "retards should be put in camps" just to get total coverage

new coup for you said:

i could wear a shirt that says "retards should be put in camps" just to get total coverage

make the cigarette a spliff, and i think you've got it all covered.

where'd that euphemism come from, I've never heard it before

where i live people generally go by dime bags and nickel bags but where i go to school it's by weight, eights and quarters. i was said "how the hell much is an eighth?"

or how around here Ecstasy is E but apparently in the rest of the country it's X

pop culture needs to standardize stuff like this

new coup for you said:
where'd that euphemism come from, I've never heard it before

where i live people generally go by dime bags and nickel bags but where i go to school it's by weight, eights and quarters. i was said "how the hell much is an eighth?"

or how around here Ecstasy is E but apparently in the rest of the country it's X

pop culture needs to standardize stuff like this

my british friend brought the term from over the pond. its from marleys time as well.

here its henry the eigths and q's, or we call an eigth a 3-5 cause its 3.5 grams.

exstacy in ny is rolls. if you say e or x when you're trying to pick up, they wont deal to you cause it means youre a narc.

shrooms are caps, weed is trees, coke is blizz or snow, acid is tabs, etc

i had a drug dealer for a roommate for way too long.

using E here is called rolling...although that's totally not my scene so it could be different

we also call heroin dope, and when people call pot dope it leads to confusion

"dude lets smoke some dope"

"uh...no i dont really want to die right now..."

I'm a smoker and, also live in FL., where they have banned indoor smoking, I understand this law in places, such as, restaurants where people would want to enjoy their meals without the odor of cigarettes bothering them, however, I've been in several bars where smoking is not allowed, this is re-god dang-diculous, I ought to be able to enjoy a cigarette while drinking a beer. Whenever someone tells me to put it out before putting it out I usually first say: "What are you going to do call the smoking police on me?" There are even rules now about not smoking in outdoor stadiums, what's up with that? Also, I can't smoke in public but criminals can smoke in prison, where's the logic in that? These legislators need to get their priorities in order instead of banning public smoking, they need to focus on real crimes and issues, not these imaginary threats. Burn a cigarette you're branded a villian, burn a flag and it's freedom of speech in action.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
I'm a smoker and, also live in FL., where they have banned indoor smoking, I understand this law in places, such as, restaurants where people would want to enjoy their meals without the odor of cigarettes bothering them, however, I've been in several bars where smoking is not allowed, this is re-god dang-diculous, I ought to be able to enjoy a cigarette while drinking a beer. Whenever someone tells me to put it out before putting it out I usually first say: "What are you going to do call the smoking police on me?" There are even rules now about not smoking in outdoor stadiums, what's up with that? Also, I can't smoke in public but criminals can smoke in prison, where's the logic in that? These legislators need to get their priorities in order instead of banning public smoking, they need to focus on real crimes and issues, not these imaginary threats. Burn a cigarette you're branded a villian, burn a flag and it's freedom of speech in action.

Burning a cigarette outdoors is legal too, whereas burning a flag in a bar is not. So it's not really that outrageous.

And yea, there actually are smoking police. Hefty fines too.

I got a 50 dollar one a couple years ago for smoking a stog on the steps of a subway platform at yankee stadium.

Now its around 1000 for bar owners.

new coup for you said:
using E here is called rolling...although that's totally not my scene so it could be different

we also call heroin dope, and when people call pot dope it leads to confusion

"dude lets smoke some dope"

"uh...no i dont really want to die right now..."

hahahahah, thats hilarious.

RightatNYU said:
my british friend brought the term from over the pond. its from marleys time as well.

here its henry the eigths and q's, or we call an eigth a 3-5 cause its 3.5 grams.

exstacy in ny is rolls. if you say e or x when you're trying to pick up, they wont deal to you cause it means youre a narc.

shrooms are caps, weed is trees, coke is blizz or snow, acid is tabs, etc

i had a drug dealer for a roommate for way too long.

Shrooms- purple ringers the size of frizbys, peanut butter and a fuqen stampede, LMFAO_if you don't understand don't even bother to ask.

Weed- rags, nugs, and fruity jungle berry's.

I personally, cannot stand cigarrette smoke at all. But on the other hand, everybody has the right to polute they're own lungs if they wish. I seen cigarette smoking become addicting alot of times, like one time I was in a court ordered AA meeting, and I seen alot of chain smokers, probably because they could'nt drink, one cigarette lit in each ear, 2 in their mouth, and them holding one, shaking, in an ashtray. It was horrible!

new coup for you said:
i use nugs to describe clumps of pot, not pot itself. like you pack a bowl with several nugs.

same here.

i hate crazy names for special kinds of pot

like all that crap of in High Times. i have never seen any marijuana that looks anything REMOTELY like any of that stuff. usually its green and kind of fuzzy and if you're lucky has some white crap on it.

In High Times pot looks like crazy red tendrils covered in purple cysts and has a stupid name like "Hydrotastic Nebraska Blue"

marijuana culture in general is annoying- everyone has that one freind who feels the need to saturate their entire existence in pot.

They make pot cookies and pot tea and wear weed shirts living in their weed houses with 10,312 bongs made out of peices of trash and sticks with a nig rigged toaster vaporizer for a central heating system.

new coup for you said:
i hate crazy names for special kinds of pot

like all that crap of in High Times. i have never seen any marijuana that looks anything REMOTELY like any of that stuff. usually its green and kind of fuzzy and if you're lucky has some white crap on it.

In High Times pot looks like crazy red tendrils covered in purple cysts and has a stupid name like "Hydrotastic Nebraska Blue"

marijuana culture in general is annoying- everyone has that one freind who feels the need to saturate their entire existence in pot.

They make pot cookies and pot tea and wear weed shirts living in their weed houses with 10,312 bongs made out of peices of trash and sticks with a nig rigged toaster vaporizer for a central heating system.

hahahahah, yea. "Industrial Jamaican Pearl" what crap.

thats so true about that one friend too. oh man.

"yo i got some Kansas City Purple Bandit"

"hey man check out this nickel of Skunktasm Fazmaglow"

it's worse then wine or beer snots, because at least fancy wine and beer is real

This is my first post so , HI
That said;

I smoked for 10 years with up to 2 packs a day- average.
I managed to quit almost 2 years ago. Smoking never really affected my decision making ability or hampered my day to day musings, but it was a nasty,oppressive and rank habit that fouled up the air around myself and those near to me. Smoking causes cancer (ok einstein get to the point). Thats it. It causes cancer and should not be allowed in public places where underage people recreate or gather, nor should it be tolerated where non-smokers would be forced to involuntarily take part in passive smoking. I do not hate smokers. I even understand the need to take a drag and relax, really I do. However, we don't tolerate people with violent tendencies walking up and punching us or people with a cold spitting in our faces and spreading germs for fun. Why then should it be allowed to spew cancer spreading junk into the air where "civilians" are located. We should not!
Hope no one takes offense, but thats my honest look on it.
oh, I voted yes to ban :mrgreen:

new coup for you said:

If you do that and stand on the steps of a nearby government building, I'll give you 50 bucks. :lol:

MrClean said:
This is my first post so , HI
That said;

I smoked for 10 years with up to 2 packs a day- average.
I managed to quit almost 2 years ago. Smoking never really affected my decision making ability or hampered my day to day musings, but it was a nasty,oppressive and rank habit that fouled up the air around myself and those near to me. Smoking causes cancer (ok einstein get to the point). Thats it. It causes cancer and should not be allowed in public places where underage people recreate or gather, nor should it be tolerated where non-smokers would be forced to involuntarily take part in passive smoking. I do not hate smokers. I even understand the need to take a drag and relax, really I do. However, we don't tolerate people with violent tendencies walking up and punching us or people with a cold spitting in our faces and spreading germs for fun. Why then should it be allowed to spew cancer spreading junk into the air where "civilians" are located. We should not!
Hope no one takes offense, but thats my honest look on it.
oh, I voted yes to ban :mrgreen:

Welcome to Debate Politics!

:2wave:

Back
Top Bottom