• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Smith and Wesson moves HQs from Massachusetts to Tennessee

White supremacy country like Tennessee is an appropriate place for a gun manufacturer.
Your comment demonstrates ignorance of the subject matter.

anti white racism is common with some of the gun banners. But then again-anti black racism was a main motivation of gun banning for at least two centuries

Where ?

Can you point to evidence of this ?

You may have a point there.
many of the most hateful anti gun advocates constantly whine about whites

That's not an answer. If you want to claim members of a board have a single overriding legal obligation, maximize "shareholder" and "value", neither term that you've defined, to the exclusion of all else, you need to cite the law. That's how it works.

There is no such law.

Upon looking into what the IPS is saying, it's making certain points:

1. Despite the claim that most gun crime is committed by inner city gangs of an ethnic minority, white men are twice as likely as non-white men and white women to own guns.
2. Most racism in society today originates from white males. Indeed white males, with no college education, constitute the basis of Trump's core support
3. Conservative white men have been at the forefront of climate denialism, according to a fascinating sociological study from 2011, and it’s not just Donald Trump who hates to wear masks during a pandemic but men more generally.

It's actually making some very honest points.

The J6 insurrection riot was caused by mainly white males who reside in areas where they feel their dominant "white privilege" position is slipping.

Thank you Judge Judy.
Upon looking into what the IPS is saying, it's making certain points:

1. Despite the claim that most gun crime is committed by inner city gangs of an ethnic minority, white men are twice as likely as non-white men and white women to own guns.
2. Most racism in society today originates from white males. Indeed white males, with no college education, constitute the basis of Trump's core support
3. Conservative white men have been at the forefront of climate denialism, according to a fascinating sociological study from 2011, and it’s not just Donald Trump who hates to wear masks during a pandemic but men more generally.

It's actually making some very honest points.

The J6 insurrection riot was caused by mainly white males who reside in areas where they feel their dominant "white privilege" position is slipping.

well if white men own twice as many guns as black men, but black men commit many more times the amount of murders-guess what-that blows a 44 magnum hole right through the bannerrhoid bullshit

the TDS nonsense is just stupid

well if white men own twice as many guns as black men, but black men commit many more times the amount of murders-guess what-that blows a 44 magnum hole right through the bannerrhoid bullshit

No it doesn't. Why do you think it does
It identifies where most of the problem/difficulty in banning guns are/would be.

...the TDS nonsense is just stupid

In you mind, anything is "stupid" if it means giving up your guns
You're like a Jehovah's Witness whose child needs a blood transfusion, your guns/Bible is more important to you than human life.

No it doesn't. Why do you think it does
It identifies where most of the problem/difficulty in banning guns are/would be.

In you mind, anything is "stupid" if it means giving up your guns
You're like a Jehovah's Witness whose child needs a blood transfusion, your guns/Bible is more important to you than human life.

Dramatic

You're arguing that there are places in the USA with even more racism than Tennessee ?

OK.

Ahh, the old moving the goal post trick. An oldy but a goody. :ROFLMAO:

How is your citing of ONE web page to prove TD's claim of:
many of the most hateful anti gun advocates constantly whine about whites

An example of "moving the goal posts" ?
If anyone has done, it is you

To remind you, I queried TD's claim of "many of the most hateful anti gun advocates constantly whine about whites"
You seem to be moving the goal posts to say I asserted that: "none of the most hateful anti gun advocates constantly whine about whites"

I am not, I am querying the claim of "many", not asserting that there are no such cases.
Stop moving the goal posts, and/or improve your reading comprehension skills plus.

To remind you, I queried TD's claim of "many of the most hateful anti gun advocates constantly whine about whites"
You seem to be moving the goal posts to say I asserted that: "none of the most hateful anti gun advocates constantly whine about whites"

I am not, I am querying the claim of "many", not asserting that there are no such cases.
Stop moving the goal posts, and/or improve your reading comprehension skills plus.
National Review, several years ago (and I cited it on this board) wrote a brilliant article concerning gun control and the attacks on the NRA-noting that the NRA has become a surrogate or totem for "white conservative Christian males" and groups that see such men as their political enemy, have almost universally adopted gun control as a weapon

There would certainly never be enough claims for you, so you'll just have to accept that I found something, or sit and pout.

National Review, several years ago (and I cited it on this board) wrote a brilliant article concerning gun control and the attacks on the NRA-noting that the NRA has become a surrogate or totem for "white conservative Christian males" and groups that see such men as their political enemy, have almost universally adopted gun control as a weapon

And is the NRA "a surrogate or totem for white conservative Christian males" ?

And why would it be seen as "the enemy" for any non-gun related issue ?

Gun control is not a weapon to destroy the NRA any more than laws to separate the state and religion are a "weapon" to destroy Christian churches
They (gun control and laws separating state/religion) are merely tools to curtail the damage done by guns and religion.

Back
Top Bottom