• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Smarter Uneducated Whites Bailing out on Trump

Uneducated voters in this context is used in contrast to college educated voters. Uneducated simply means not college educated.

Having a college education on average does result in higher incomes over ones career but that doesn't at all mean that a college education is responsible for the widening income gap. Its the difference between correlation and causation, something you might of learned about in college.
Uneducated simply means not college educated.

Really?

Self educated Ben Franklin was pretty educated(wink)

Uneducated voters in this context is used in contrast to college educated voters. Uneducated simply means not college educated.

Then the word is under-educated. Uneducated means no education.

Who is more important in regard to the upcoming election?

Smarter uneducated whites or dumb educated whites?

There are plenty dumb educated whites. Just because you went to college doesn't make a person more important than another.

What if Biden fails miserably at the debate. Does Trump jump out in front or do you have some rationalization for your support of Biden on standby

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Since all Trump has is insults Biden won't lose much ground in debate. Don't tell me you would expect anything from Trump but the usual gibberish that only his base loves. Biden can only break even or go further in front. Biden would have to fall completely on his face to lose ground.

Just because you do not go on to college, does not mean you are uneducated.
It's also an insult to those who choose skill based careers.

Yes, it does.

This is interesting. It indicates serious erosion at the heart of Trump's base.

Key Points:
Quoting CNN as a news source^ lol. CNN is a national joke.

Yeah, but Trump has been making inroads with some Hispanics, particularly So. Florida Cubans. He also might be picking-up a point or two from the African-American community.
Cubans vote trump because of abortion. I will be surprised if trump gets thirty percent of the hispanic vote and ten percent of the black vote. No matter how I twist my logic, I can't see him winning again. People know who he is this time around and many don't like it. Every day he's trying to subvert our election. What the hell kind of president is that? Sounds unamerican to me.

He probably understood what context means then. (Wink)

And in that context it means no college education.
He probably understood what context means then. (Wink)

Yes he did, even if he was UNEDUCATED like you said(LOL)

He was a genus

There are plenty dumb educated whites. Just because you went to college doesn't make a person more important than another.

Importance of one's value as a person has nothing to do with it. Importance of one's opinion and expertise does.

Check out the other articles written by the author - CNN | Harry Enten

He's basically a Biden PR activist posing as a news journalist. No integrity. #FakeNews

Consider that the OP author is an Open Terrorist advocate and spokesperson.

There is also the hubris of thinking that anyone without a college degree is uneducated. Un-Indoctrinated perhaps, but you don't need a college degree to be highly educated. If fact, the less structured college experience a person has, the more likely they are open-minded and critical thinkers.

The Left destroys everything they touch, and they are hip deep in the colleges. Hence, we get scum like, "All I want for Christmas is White Genocide!", such a catchy tune!

So, I'll let them have their little delusions, it will make for much more humorous wailing Leftie Anguish in November.

-

Importance of one's value as a person has nothing to do with it. Importance of one's opinion and expertise does.

My opinion, just because I went to college, does NOT make it more important than someone who did not.

I hate college snobs

Please everyone, understand that not everyone that went to college is a snob about it. Thanks.

I don't think Biden wins Florida either. But whites makes up 60% of the electorate. Trump was already losing college educated whites and women and he has basically sunk himself with Black Americans. Losing measurable numbers of non-college whites is a big blow which is why he is pulling all this other crap. Trump is losing and he knows it. Also I am not sure the spoilage claim will hold in Pennsylvania. The state had already ruled that it should count those naked ballots. So that is still a court battle to be had. Then again how many will figure out that their ballots were tossed if they are in fact tossed and just show up on Election Day. People are pretty dead set on voting this election come hell or high water. Can you blame them?

Biden makes a reasonable first debate showing and I think the handwriting is on the wall for Donnie boy if its not already.
Unfortunately, the PA SC just recently ruled to not accept naked ballots. That's why I'm a bit freaked, here. I believe PA will be the bellwether/tipping-point state.

I don't see Biden winning FL either, but Obama winning it twice gives me a slight glimmer of hope. It can be done...it's just very hard, especially with Trump's toady DeSantis running the show.
Exactly!

Unfortunately, the PA SC just recently ruled to not accept naked ballots. That's why I'm a bit freaked, here. I believe PA will be the bellwether/tipping-point state.

Guess those that sent them will just have to show up in person and vote. I would if I had made that mistake. That said, even if voting by mail for the first time, I would not have made that mistake. What did they think the ballot envelope was, an EXTRA JUST IN CASE!!!!

Well, generally speaking not going to college does mean that you are uneducated. It is true that you could not go to college, but gather up textbooks and the like, then teach yourself everything you would have been instructed on had you gone. But in that case you would be "self-educated", not uneducated.

And if you go to a trade school, it is true that you are "uneducated" in the sense we're using it here. You are instead skilled.

Cubans vote trump because of abortion. I will be surprised if trump gets thirty percent of the hispanic vote and ten percent of the black vote. No matter how I twist my logic, I can't see him winning again. People know who he is this time around and many don't like it. Every day he's trying to subvert our election. What the hell kind of president is that? Sounds unamerican to me.
"Sounds"? It is!

Guess those that sent them will just have to show up in person and vote. I would if I had made that mistake. That said, even if voting by mail for the first time, I would not have made that mistake. What did they think the ballot envelope was, an EXTRA JUST IN CASE!!!!
Doesn't matter 'how? Or, 'why'? It is, what it is. 6% is a huge penalty. And it has me concerned.

Well, generally speaking not going to college does mean that you are uneducated. It is true that you could not go to college, but gather up textbooks and the like, then teach yourself everything you would have been instructed on had you gone. But in that case you would be "self-educated", not uneducated.

And if you go to a trade school, it is true that you are "uneducated" in the sense we're using it here. You are instead skilled.

I concede and agree on the way it's used here. I prefer under-educated to uneducated.

Look, I understand what you're trying to say here, and I respect the empathies. But, don't try to change the meaning of words.

'Uneducated' means exactly that: 'Lacking in education'. You can gain self-knowledge on your own, but there's only one way to gain an education. There's a difference between being 'knowledgeable', and being 'educated'.

I get that the term 'uneducated' can be perceived to be a pejorative in some instances, but it is what it is. Perhaps there might be some wiggle-room for H.S. grads, as they did receive some formal education. Perhaps they might be called, 'less-educated'? 'Lower educated'? I dunno'.

It can be difficult to discuss some social subjects, because the terms can be personally perceived as deprecating. But that doesn't alleviate the accuracy of the term, nor should the meaning be changed for political correctness or to avoid possible affront.

I concede and agree on the way it's used here. I prefer under-educated to uneducated.
Thanks for showing understanding and not turning your disagreement with the word's usage into a pedantic derailment.

Look, I understand what you're trying to say here, and I respect the empathies. But, don't try to change the meaning of words.

'Uneducated' means exactly that: 'Lacking in education'. You can gain self-knowledge on your own, but there's only one way to gain an education. There's a difference between being 'knowledgeable', and being 'educated'.

I get that the term 'uneducated' can be perceived to be a pejorative in some instances, but it is what it is. Perhaps there might be some wiggle-room for H.S. grads, as they did receive some formal education. Perhaps they might be called, 'less-educated'? '
lower educated'? I dunno'. It can be difficult to discuss some social subjects, because the terms can be personally perceived as deprecating. But that doesn't alleviate the accuracy of the term, nor should the meaning be changed for political correctness.

I'm not changing the meaning at all.

un·ed·u·cat·ed

adjective

1. lacking an education; poorly educated.
There are many people in this country that do not have a college education, so yes, I find calling them uneducated (the true meaning of lacking an education or poorly educated) to be deprecating.
I prefer under-educated, or receiving a standard education. But as I conceded, the context used here would be correct.

Trump has been losing white voters w/o degree in a steady stream since mid-summer. All of his efforts to this point have been to diddle around the edges of that problem:
- voter suppression
- Cuban immigrants in Florida

But it won't be enough considering just the percentage of white voters in the population.

But it does demonstrate that the truth can penetrate even non-educated Trump supporters' cement blockheads.

Back
Top Bottom