• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Small government.

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
What is small government? How do we have small government in a nation of three hundred and fifty million folks. Should skull and bones run america?

My impression of a "small government" is when there are fewer laws and the government more or less stays out of people's lives. I think.

I should add that there are good and bad things about a small government. And I'm sure we're about to hear of a few. :)

States should be handling their own social welfare issues and the 16 and 17th Amendments need to be repealed. Cut the Federal Government back down to its original mandates and nothing more.

We have it now it's called Federalism. Used to be 13 states now it's 50. And they can all have different laws as to various legal rights.

I might be wrong, but I've often thought that we should go back to the days when the jobs of senator and representative were just part-time.

BTW you = me......

Lack of ethics and discipline brings on more laws ........

Back
Top Bottom