• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Small cap on immigration; Leftards go mad.

-- But alright, I'll have a crack at civility again...

Thank you.

-- Mulberry bush time

-- "Also the statement that "we are a nation of immigrants" is certainly misleading if not a lie. Immigration in the centuries prior to WWII was negligible compared to post WWII. Put another way, it is not immigration as such that bothers ninety percent of those who complain about it, but the scale. Thus the statement that "we are a nation of immigrants" is an evasion of the issue. Or in most cases, a deliberate evasion, i.e. a lie."

Race? DNA?

If you look at the whitest of white UK citizens you'll find few whose DNA is of the peoples who lived here before the Saxons, Danes, Normans, Romans (the Romans deliberately brought peoples from different parts of their empire as soldiers - there was an Ethiopian Garrison apparently not too far away from where my house is now)

Did these peoples not intermix with the original Britons? Do you now understand why I introduce DNA? These were invading armies - not solitary immigrants or travellers to the land mass of the UK.

-- Now there's validation for you!

Please explain why you then introduced findings that there was institutional racism in the Met? What relevance does it have to the immigration cap?

-- Indeed, I believe it is you yourself who can say 'Aah, but where's your link?' when none are sometimes forthcoming!

Should I ask "where's your "relevant" link?" instead? Which is usually what I mean.

-- You know as well as I do that sometimes --

Just try and make it more relevant then. That's all I'm asking.

Do you now understand why I introduce DNA?

Unless you're trying to drag me down some kind of bizarre and emotive 'mongrel race' road, no. The bloke's argument was purely that just because we did something in the past doesn't mean we should do it in future, as this is a small island of finite resources. Racial characteristics of the host people is immaterial to the argument and my topic, either of what they are, were or could be.

Please explain why you then introduced findings that there was institutional racism in the Met?

I mentioned that accusations of racism (real or perceived) against sundry individuals in the police force were enough to form the basis of a screed smearing the entire force with the same brush, just to suit a 'PC' government's pre-judged agenda. Such ideological zealotry is the kind which slanders babies as racist and led to the death of Victoria Climbie for example.

Should I ask "where's your "relevant" link?" instead? Which is usually what I mean.

Each link has something to do with the body of the text. I can gleefully repeat that.

Last edited:
Unless you're trying to drag me down some kind of bizarre and emotive 'mongrel race' road, no. The bloke's argument was purely that just because we did something in the past doesn't mean we should do it in future, as this is a small island of finite resources. Racial characteristics of the host people is immaterial to the argument and my topic, either of what they are, were or could be.

No, while I agree the island is finite, there were more relevant areas he could have discussed. You posted the whole thing - what does this line mean then?
"Also the statement that "we are a nation of immigrants" is certainly misleading if not a lie."

-- I mentioned that accusations of racism (real or perceived) against sundry individuals in the police force were enough to form the basis of a screed smearing the entire force with the same brush, just to suit a 'PC' government's pre-judged agenda. Such ideological zealotry is the kind which slanders babies as racist and led to the death of Victoria Climbie for example.

Climbie was about incompetence within the social services. The social worker who let her down was black. The police officers who ignored or covered up evidence against Lawrence's killers were white. The police officers who could have investigated and made sure that Lawrence's case was investigated properly were white.

Further, we know now who let Climbie down and how. The people involved have been sacked or punished from within and without. Can you say the same for the Metropolitain police regarding Lawrence?

-- Each link has something to do with the body of the text. I can gleefully repeat that.

No, it doesn't.

"Also the statement that "we are a nation of immigrants" is certainly misleading if not a lie."

To my mind at least it refutes in advance a possible allegation that the British (especially the English) had no real worthy monoculture. I've heard it a few times, especially at college, that Britain was dull and drab before rock music, multiculturalism, etc. The usual dross.

Does England have no culture? - The Student Room

there's certainly no culture or awareness of heritage now, especially as kids aren't told they have any: No culture please we're British - Northern Ireland Travel News

'Culture of Respect' my backside: http://www.independent.co.uk/opinio...s-helped-to-kill-victoria-climbie-661380.html

Further, we know now who let Climbie down and how. The people involved have been sacked or punished from within and without. Can you say the same for the Metropolitain police regarding Lawrence?

There we are - focusing on individuals for the Climbie case and the Metropolitan Police as a homogenous mass for the Lawrence case, with 'whiteness' a damning common factor in any alleged incompetence! And even then that's selective because there are plenty of hate cases against whites which just go on and on under the police's noses countrywide.

Eg: Oldham News | News Headlines | James victim of gang attack - Chronicle Online

http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/news/Undefined-Headline/article-2289584-detail/article.html , etc.

No, it doesn't.

Does.

Last edited:
To my mind at least it refutes in advance a possible allegation that the British (especially the English) had no real worthy monoculture. I've heard it a few times, especially at college, that Britain was dull and drab before rock music, multiculturalism, etc. The usual dross.

That doesn't excuse ignoring factual DNA evidence though and I wasn't heading down the "UK has / had no culture angle anyway. In fact, I don't think I've seen (in the few threads I read) anyone except foreign posters do that.

Great links for another thread. Not one on immigrant caps.

-- There we are - focusing on individuals for the Climbie case and the Metropolitan Police as a homogenous mass for the Lawrence case, with 'whiteness' a damning common factor in any alleged incompetence!

It wasn't imcompetence - it was corruption.

Besides - whether the investigating individuals in Climbie where white or black - did the "homogenous mass" discover and correct what went wrong in Climbie? Did it do so in the Lawrence case too?

I'm not going to allege that the social worker in Climbie was left out in the cold because the internal investigators were white - however the organisation itself worked (to a degree because there have been other cases like Baby P and it was ethnic minority incompetents that led to his death) in getting to the bottom of the problem - with external help and investigation.

In the case of the Met (and other police forces) the internal homogenous mass worked to cover up and protect the corrupt individual - even now, despite the attempts of external investigation, the killers who have been filmed AND taken to court are still free.

-- And even then that's selective because there are plenty of hate cases against whites which just go on and on under the police's noses countrywide.

Eg: Oldham News | News Headlines | James victim of gang attack - Chronicle Online

Gang attacks family in daylight on a trip to theatre in Margate , etc.

Relevance to the thread?

Otherwise, great links for a thread on inter-racial killings and gang violence.

How old are you?

That doesn't excuse ignoring factual DNA evidence though.

It wasn't my intention to go down that road. And if I did I'd get the usual howler-monkey noises from certain quarters, whooping I'd have to retaliate to.

Great links for another thread. Not one on immigrant caps.

That's the nub of the 'relevance' thing. Those links proved some people do indeed speak of England having 'no culture'. I've had people wanting me to back up every single sentence on pain of whingeing for too long!

And as for MacPherson, I'm not going to get deeper into a race thing here further than answering this point. If an impartial body can prove that racists in the police force actively protected the murderers of a black boy, then sack them. I've no problem with that. I find such a claim of corruption on such a scale hard to swallow, especially when listening to some creepo Labour bloke pontificating, but if that's the case then so be it.

But genaralising to the extent that anyone else doing it would be slammed as a simpleton by the Left shows some darker motive. Racists in the force? Arguable, especially with flexible criteria. But 'institutionally' racist to a 'person'? 'Of course all white people are racist'?

Dumb.

Last edited:
It wasn't my intention to go down that road. And if I did I'd get the usual howler-monkey noises from certain quarters, whooping I'd have to retaliate to.

That's the nub of the 'relevance' thing. Those links proved some people do indeed speak of England having 'no culture'. I've had people wanting me to back up every single sentence on pain of whingeing for too long!

And as for MacPherson, I'm not going to get deeper into a race thing here further than answering this point. If an impartial body can prove that racists in the police force actively protected the murderers of a black boy, then sack them. I've no problem with that. I find such a claim of corruption on such a scale hard to swallow, especially when listening to some creepo Labour bloke pontificating, but if that's the case then so be it.

But genaralising to the extent that anyone else doing it would be slammed as a simpleton by the Left shows some darker motive. Racists in the force? Arguable, especially with flexible criteria. But 'institutionally' racist to a 'person'? 'Of course all white people are racist'?

Dumb.

You do struggle with logical argument, RoP. You contradict your own logic here. You argue that because SOME people argue that Britain has no culture, and because you classify them as being on the left, then that's the position of 'the Left'. In the very same post you argue that because SOME police officers act in a racist fashion DOES NOT mean that the Met is institutionally racist, as not ALL police officers are. Which is it to be?

Of course, one of your problems with the latter case is that not all police officers have to behave in a racist way for the organisation itself to show signs of institutional racism.

From wiki:
"The term institutional racism was coined by Stokely Carmichael, the black nationalist, pan-Africanist and "honorary prime minister" of the Black Panther Party, who, in the late 1960s, defined institutional racism as “the collective failure of an organization to provide an appropriate and professional service to people because of their color, culture, or ethnic origin”

Collective failure doesn't mean that everyone in the force exhibits racist attitudes and behaviour, but as a collective, the Force does.

Now, in claiming that there are people on the left who believe that Britain has no culture (although I note that your sources are The Rough Guides and a bunch of student debate forum posts), and that therefore the Left as a whole denigrates British culture , you might have a point if you could demonstrate that a proportion of the organised Left were arguing same. Then the Left indeed would have a charge to answer of being 'institutionally racist' against the English. Mind you, I'm not sure how the term applies to people who appear to be discriminating against, rather than in favour of, their own 'race'.

So, here's your opportunity. Prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the organised Left is institutionally racist against the English. That means prima facie (i.e. no Daily Mail opinion columns) evidence of leading figures and the manifestos and constitutions of mainstream left-wing parties and organisations being specific in their promotion of policies against British, or even just English people.

Last edited:
I never said that the view that Britain has no culture was the view of the Left, I just presented the link. But I have noticed that shards of that kind of thinking have permeated through the Left though.

As I recall, fairly dodgy reasons were given to support auxilliary claims of 'institutional racism', for example that blacks may be more likely to be stopped and searched in the cities. After September 11, further belief in that line was reinforced when Muslims were more likely to be stopped and searched at airports. But the truth is that police by and large stop and search people they know or believe would be more likely to require it. Sir Paul Condon gave his reasons in 1993 and was pelted with rotten eggs forever more.

Though as, according to Wiki (which is suddenly OK to reference when somebody other than I do it!), the originator of the phrase itself was a black supremacist communist thug, it's not surprising that it's only ever been whites on the end of any really aggressive 'anti-racist' measures. Takes a bit of weight ot of it somehow!

black panther terrorist - Google Search

Jewish Task Force (JTF.ORG): When Whites Fight For Blacks

Onto your second point. If there was a 'smoking gun' dossier called, say 'NEW LABOUR PROJECT: DESTRUCTION OF WHITE BRITAIN', we'd never know. The closest we got was the 'Rubbing the Right's nose in Diversity' scandal, where an old New Labour policy advisor revealed that open-door immigration was 'necessary' to create a multi-cultural society for its own sake.

Lefties have often said that there should be no upper limit on immigration and that there should be a big melting pot for whites to lose themselves in, etc. But nobody ever dares suggest the black-majority states should react likewise with white people and you're slammed as racist for asking.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/65404-lunatics-new-labour-state-4.html#post1058552128

The're hardly going to come straight out and admit to wanting to smash white British society outright. But they do lack respect for it as they always slammed it as racist, reactionary, etc. However, there are shedloads of examples where Britishness (and even whiteness) has been denigrated by an inverted form of what the Left call institutional racism. For example, Greg Dyke calling the BBC 'hideously white' and saying he wanted it to be the West's first all-black TV station, the likes of Margaret Hodge saying things like Last Night of the Proms is 'too white', Lenny Henry saying TV is 'too white', Harriet Harman and even 'lib-turd' David Cameron saying Parliament is too white, Christmas celebrations marginalised for minority interests, St. George's Day parades and flags being banned for 'attracting racists' and for 'racism' (though foreign-related parades and festivals remain unmolested), 'racism' virtually always being spoken of as a white-on-everyone-else problem (despite black on black crime rising and Muslim/black-on-gay crime going up in places like Islington for example), kids in school ordered to shoulder a guilt complex over old slave traders in Africa (even though black slave traders did the real procurement and that the Islamic world still continues slavery, yet Muslim kids aren't harassed), etc, etc.

LABOUR: http://www.labour-watch.com/antibrit.htm

YouTube - Martin Smith of the UAF hates the Union Jack

BBC News | SCOTLAND | Dyke: BBC is 'hideously white'

Margaret Hodge in 'too white' Proms row - mirror.co.uk

http://www.wonkosworld.co.uk/wordpress/2008/11/14/parliament-too-white/

Labour's BLACK-ONLY division wants Labour to adopt black-only shortlists. Irony anyone?! http://www.bamelabour.org.uk/all_black_shortlists

Taxi drivers accused of racism over St George stickers - Telegraph

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/stand...rman-bill-could-stop-christmas-say-bishops.do

YouTube - Trendies Beware: England is for LIFE, not just for Football!

RACISTS!!! http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/66924-labours-rainbow-minority-darlings-fall-out.html

'NO SUCH THING AS ENGLISHNESS', say history-dumping Reds: http://www.independent.co.uk/opinio...-no-such-thing-as-british-history-637810.html

Wrecking the demographic: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/7308288/We-cant-take-any-more-people.html

I could go on.

So to close, whilst there may be no de-facto single master plan to discriminate against the English or whites across the board to a single book, such an attitude is common in modern Leftist thinking. And if such people make a life complaining about how horrible and racist white society is and was, they're hardly going to love it and want to change it out of recognition aren't they?!

Last edited:
Onto your second point. If there was a 'smoking gun' dossier called, say 'NEW LABOUR PROJECT: DESTRUCTION OF WHITE BRITAIN', we'd never know. The closest we got was the 'Rubbing the Right's nose in Diversity' scandal, where an old New Labour policy advisor revealed that open-door immigration was 'necessary' to create a multi-cultural society for its own sake.

Lefties have often said that there should be no upper limit on immigration and that there should be a big melting pot for whites to lose themselves in, etc. But nobody ever dares suggest the black-majority states should react likewise with white people and you're slammed as racist for asking.

Well, that was never the policy or rhetoric of your hated New Labour administration, quite the opposite. So, which bits of the left are you referring to?

The're hardly going to come straight out and admit to wanting to smash white British society outright.[/quote] Well, why would they? Why would they want to when they are majority white organisations?
But they do lack respect for it as they always slammed it as racist, reactionary, etc. However, there are shedloads of examples where Britishness (and even whiteness) has been denigrated by an inverted form of what the Left call institutional racism. For example, Greg Dyke calling the BBC 'hideously white' and saying he wanted it to be the West's first all-black TV station,

He never said that he wanted the BBC to be the West's first all-black TV station. Please prove it or retract it. He certainly didn't say it in your linked article.

The likes of Margaret Hodge saying things like Last Night of the Proms is 'too white',
...for her taste, you forgot to add. For mine too, doesn't mean it shouldn't carry on.
St. George's Day parades and flags being banned for 'attracting racists' and for 'racism', 'racism'
You should be complaining about the hi-jacking of British culture by neo-Nazi groups, not castigating those who point it out. I have a photo of my Great Uncle Wilf in York on VE Day holding up a Union flag. It makes me sick to see BNP types performing similar gestures while wearing Nazi regalia.

I could go on.
No doubt.

So to close, whilst there may be no de-facto single master plan to discriminate against the English or whites across the board to a single book, such an attitude is common in modern Leftist thinking. And if such people make a life complaining about how horrible and racist white society is and was, they're hardly going to love it now are they?!

They are if society as a whole can co-operate to expel the racism which you don't believe exists. I've never been so proud as the day I marched with 1.5 million people through London on the Stop The War march. Our International Lesbian and Gay Association banner right in front of the Islamic Youth Association's banner. We chatted a lot with those marchers. We didn't have everything in common or in agreement but we were all happy to respect one another's sincerity and right to exist. I was VERY proud to be British that day.

I'm not saying that racism doesn't exist, just that we don't need the inverted 'McCarthyism' displayed by the madder ones in authority. And as such, I don't castigate those who say the BNP hijacked the flag, I'm castigating those who ban patriotic expression for everyone else on the basis that the BNP might benefit.

Labour have indeed advocated a 'no upper limit' attitude and policy over immigration. Further than that, they're always slippery on the issue and never answer. I've tried asking Labour people. They may have a utopian attitude because they took John Lennon's Imagine LP as a policy document, but they seriously misjudged public attitude to large scale immigration.

Alarm at Blunkett's "no limit on immigrants" remarks - Manchester Evening News

Gradually admitting to some kind of needed limit under pressure:

Labour changes its tune over immigration limit as election looms - Telegraph

Thing is, when there's a culture of people not feeling free to vent their concerns over immigration without being slandered and ignored, it becomes clear that the nation and majority population are taken for granted for a social experiment.

Opponents of immigration could be racist, warned advisers a decade ago - Telegraph

http://www.civitas.org.uk/wordpress...ster-goes-‘bononkers’-on-the-today-programme/

Race Relations Act actually promotes reverse-racism, hence the police scandal where white applicants were rejected for their colour. (But no high-handed Leftist whining on that though!)

http://www.collativelearning.com/NL NF NR - 4 div eq smoke.html

Race quotas strike again: http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=po...yGB&sa=X&ei=zMA3TPzPG4q4sQOh641S&ved=0CAYQpwU

Talking about the BNP, in an interview between Nick Griffin and Keith Vaz, during which the presenter mentioned even Labour ministers observing problems with integration, Vaz himself said he was pleased the country is losing its majority culture and demographic. As I say, it shows no regard for the people and communities already here and no regard for what happens when the space and resources run critically thin.

YouTube - Nick griffin v vaz the ass on newsnight 2007

Open-door immigration for its own sake. I don't want a 'vibrant' society (the word itself implies danger) with seemingly needless immigrants who appear to fill the very jobs they somehow create:

In 2004, David Blunkett asserted defiantly: 'Migrants don't just come to fill jobs - they also create jobs, helping our economy grow and giving us a more vibrant culture.'

These arguments were brutally dismissed last year in a report by the House of Lords' Economic Committee, one of the very few political bodies to have dared to conduct a serious review of policy. The peers concluded that, contrary to New Labour propaganda, immigration has had 'little or no impact' on the economic well-being of Britain and offers 'insignificant' benefits to the existing UK population.

The argument that we need masses of immigrants to compensate for our ageing domestic workforce is nullified by the reality - obvious to all except Labour ministers - that immigrants, too, get old and become pensioners.

Comprehensive debunking:

Immigration and this insidious conspiracy of silence | Mail Online

Anyway:

It makes me sick to see BNP types performing similar gestures while wearing Nazi regalia.

Well, perhaps when the likes of Martin Smith abandon the vanguard which tells people they're racist for being patriotic or flying the flag, the BNP's flag-flying won't look so stark and be as much of a beacon. (Though I didn't see the regalia bit on the telly at the Euro election results!) And indeed people are feeling a bit more pride again, all thanks to growing defiance and latterly the football.

I was VERY proud to be British that day.

Glad you had a nice day excercising your right to free expression and freedom of assembly. I just hope you don't hold it against the audience of the Proms for doing the same just because they're not black enough. It's not as if there's a commissionaire who keeps them out!

Let's validate everyone then if we're to have this 'inclusiveness' thing properly!

Incidentally, though I can't seem to source what I was sure to be true of Greg Dyke's 'all-black' claim, I still say that it's no way to promote 'diversity', by slandering the entire white race for daring to exist in a predominantly white nation!

And lastly, it may appear that all these anti-fascists are just 'useful idiots' whipping up hysteria over a phantom BNP menace, just to secure more power for Labour!

The African Ligali publication: Ligali | Media | Labour introduce racist immigration debate by stealth

Didn't know what to make of it myself!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom