• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Small assault-style rifle firms thriving under activists' radar

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-thriving-under-activists-radar-idUSKBN1OG1BZ

BOSTON (Reuters) - A decade ago, Kentucky’s Anderson Manufacturing was a small machine shop that didn’t make firearms.

By 2016, it was making more rifles than Smith & Wesson, according to the latest available data from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Anderson’s big seller: assault-style rifles that cost up to $2,100 and require no lubrication. Anderson says it made nearly 454,000 rifles that year, or about 57,000 more than Smith & Wesson.
===============================================
Anderson is one of a number of small manufacturing companies taking market share away from the big companies like S&W.

'Some rifles made by companies such as Patriot Ordnance Factory and Daniel Defense fire larger .308-caliber rounds instead of the .223-caliber rounds more commonly used in AR-15s. Another firm, Kel-Tec CNC Industries Inc, makes the hot-selling Sub-2000 rifle - which folds up small enough to fit into a backpack. It costs $500 and fires popular 9mm handgun ammunition.'

Only in America.

Her company is known for its Crusader rifle and details like a safety setting marked “Full Libturd,” an insult aimed at political liberals.

Personality, she calls it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-thriving-under-activists-radar-idUSKBN1OG1BZ

BOSTON (Reuters) - A decade ago, Kentucky’s Anderson Manufacturing was a small machine shop that didn’t make firearms.

By 2016, it was making more rifles than Smith & Wesson, according to the latest available data from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Anderson’s big seller: assault-style rifles that cost up to $2,100 and require no lubrication. Anderson says it made nearly 454,000 rifles that year, or about 57,000 more than Smith & Wesson.
Anderson is one of a number of small manufacturing companies taking market share away from the big companies like S&W.

'Some rifles made by companies such as Patriot Ordnance Factory and Daniel Defense fire larger .308-caliber rounds instead of the .223-caliber rounds more commonly used in AR-15s. Another firm, Kel-Tec CNC Industries Inc, makes the hot-selling Sub-2000 rifle - which folds up small enough to fit into a backpack. It costs $500 and fires popular 9mm handgun ammunition.'

Only in America.

Yes there are a lot of innovative firearms designs and companies thriving under a strong individual right

Only in America.

I bought several Anderson lower receivers (not the no-lube ones-but basic AR 15) since they are made within about 35 miles of my home in Hebron Kentucky. When the AR 15 patent expired, companies that were sub contractors for Colt started making their own rifles, given those style rifles are extremely popular for many non-nefarious reasons-including the fact that parts are easily available. another local maker is HM defense in Mt Orab, Ohio-about 50 miles East of Downtown Cincinnati. I own three of their rifles-including one I just bought for my wife for PCC (Pistol Caliber Carbine) steel events. Well made stuff, and if something goes wrong, the warranty repair is less than an hour drive. Plus my local dealer corresponds with these guys weekly so the carbine I bought was made to my specs in terms of a custom trigger and finish.

Yes there are a lot of innovative firearms designs and companies thriving under a strong individual right

This also proves that the AR-15 style rifle is in "common use" throughout the free states of the Union.

Only in America.

Sounds like freedom. Don't forget Rock River Arms.

On a technical note: The AR direct-impingment system poops where it eats and gets pretty dirty in short order. I would doubt any claims of any rifle using that system as needing no lubrication.

However....I own an old Remingtom Nylon 66 .22LR rifle that DID accomplish this with nylon roller bearings and such. I got it used but it still shoots just fine and has yet to jam up, but it used a completely different action type.

"Assault style rifle" :roll:

what the gun haters miss is that the term "assault" is not a criminal action in military terms even though that is why Gun banners try to label semi auto rifles "assault style"

the only feature that makes a rifle useful for military assault operations is its ability to -for short periods of time-fire in full automatic mode. and the rifles the GCAs whine about are lacking the ONE feature that is needed for "assault" operations with rifles

On a technical note: The AR direct-impingment system poops where it eats and gets pretty dirty in short order. I would doubt any claims of any rifle using that system as needing no lubrication.

However....I own an old Remingtom Nylon 66 .22LR rifle that DID accomplish this with nylon roller bearings and such. I got it used but it still shoots just fine and has yet to jam up, but it used a completely different action type.
the moving parts on the Anderson rifles have some sort of proprietary coating that serves as lubrication. that being said, the rifle still needs cleaning due to the gas dump into the bolt

"Assault style rifle" :roll:

Yes...one with evil features like a detachable magazine, bayonet lug, threaded barrel, flash hider, and the dreaded pistol grip. You can't forget the evil and most fearsome pistol grip.:eek:
It makes someone who can't hit the broad side of a barn into the deadliest warrior.

Just like I read an AK-47 makes an illiterate goat herder into a warrior on par with the most experienced soldier.
Funny how some guns have those magical properties.

Last edited:
Yes...one with evil features like a detachable magazine, bayonet lug, threaded barrel, flash hider, and the dreaded pistol grip. You can't forget the evil and most fearsome pistol grip.:eek:

Here is a question none of the anti gun posters can answer

NY and other anti gun states say that some rifles are legal but when you add say a bayonet lug, the rifle becomes too dangerous to own (and if they are trying to comply with the Supreme court rulings-they are saying that adding a bayonet lug or pistol grip makes the weapon UNUSUALLY DANGEROUS)

Can anyone who supports California or NY or NJ or CT style gun bans explain why a rifle becomes UNUSUALLY DANGEROUS merely because it has a pistol grip or a bayonet lug?

the moving parts on the Anderson rifles have some sort of proprietary coating that serves as lubrication. that being said, the rifle still needs cleaning due to the gas dump into the bolt

...poops where it eats....even small animals know better than to do that.

...poops where it eats....even small animals know better than to do that.

I own several piston driven AR systems including the MCX which is the main Home defense rifle. Plus I own several AK pattern rifles including some of the "Red Jacket" rifles, and the Arsenal Bulgarian rigs that are all piston driven. And of course a bunch of DI ARs in 556, 545, and 308

and based on thousands and thousands of rounds through all of them, I really cannot say one system is superior to the other

I own several piston driven AR systems including the MCX which is the main Home defense rifle. Plus I own several AK pattern rifles including some of the "Red Jacket" rifles, and the Arsenal Bulgarian rigs that are all piston driven. And of course a bunch of DI ARs in 556, 545, and 308

and based on thousands and thousands of rounds through all of them, I really cannot say one system is superior to the other

Me neither. Same reasons.
I just "feel" better with my piston FAL, but have no problem using any of them in a pinch.

Question though...can you recommend any .22LR conversion complete uppers?
I would like to get more trigger time on my Rock River and a .22LR upper would be a nice way to do it.

I just "feel" better with my piston FAL, but have no problem using any of them in a pinch.

I would like to get more trigger time on my Rock River and a .22LR upper would be a nice way to do it.

I have used several that include, Colt, CMMG and Ciener. I built an AR 15 for my then 8 year old son using the CMMG. It worked better than the Ciener. But I then bought one of the SW complete rifles and that worked far better.

oh BTW-if you put a conversion kit in and use your regular barrel-make sure you really clean the barrel before running 556/223 through it again.

I have used several that include, Colt, CMMG and Ciener. I built an AR 15 for my then 8 year old son using the CMMG. It worked better than the Ciener. But I then bought one of the SW complete rifles and that worked far better.

oh BTW-if you put a conversion kit in and use your regular barrel-make sure you really clean the barrel before running 556/223 through it again.

Thank you. You just supported my research. The S&W complete rifle was what i was leaning toward.

Thank you. You just supported my research. The S&W complete rifle was what i was leaning toward.

I'd recommend that for several reasons

1) more reliable (it dominates the steel events I shoot in for the RF rifle category)
2) the barrel is synched to 22 RF rounds-
3) you don't have to worry about cleaning the barrel thoroughly after use-you do for a rifle where you are shooting 223/556 and 22 RF
4) the magazines are far easier to find than some of the conversion rigs

This also proves that the AR-15 style rifle is in "common use" throughout the free states of the Union.

I think like the Cold War, the US gun community (rifles) breaks down between "AK Guys" and "M-16/AR-15 Guys"

If I was given a choice though, the assault rifle I'd choose would be the HK-416

The US army and the British army should ditch what they have and buy HK-416 and HK-417 rifles.

I think like the Cold War, the US gun community (rifles) breaks down between "AK Guys" and "M-16/AR-15 Guys"

If I was given a choice though, the assault rifle I'd choose would be the HK-416

The US army and the British army should ditch what they have and buy HK-416 and HK-417 rifles.

well made stuff though overpriced

Nylon. 22.... I remember a field test where they drove over the rifle with a 4x4 truck, picked it up and fired it with no jams...

I fired a friend's and it it was jam free as well. Neat idea.

Here is a question none of the anti gun posters can answer

NY and other anti gun states say that some rifles are legal but when you add say a bayonet lug, the rifle becomes too dangerous to own (and if they are trying to comply with the Supreme court rulings-they are saying that adding a bayonet lug or pistol grip makes the weapon UNUSUALLY DANGEROUS)

Can anyone who supports California or NY or NJ or CT style gun bans explain why a rifle becomes UNUSUALLY DANGEROUS merely because it has a pistol grip or a bayonet lug?

Drive by bayonettings....

Back
Top Bottom