• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sloppy mask wearing.

Mongidig

Incel
Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I went back to work this week. It's mandatory for employees to wear masks inside or outside if social distancing is not possible. Here are the mistakes I saw.

1) People with their noses out. I don't know how many people I had to ask to tuck their nose in. Some masks are crap and constantly fall down. Just wear a surgical mask instead of having to figit all day long.

2) People taking their mask off to speak to somebody.

3) Several people seem to keep their mask in their office. They will walk through the whole building maskless until they get to their office upon arrival.

4) Nobody wears a mask in the building that has the time clock.

5) I saw one girl who had three surgical masks hanging up to dry out and use again.

6) People walking into the building and then gradually putting on the mask after passing several people.

7) People just straight up not wearing the mask. They do sometimes but not always.

I'm sure there is more. This goes on everywhere. If we could just tighten up on the basics we would be doing much better right now.

I went back to work this week. It's mandatory for employees to wear masks inside or outside if social distancing is not possible. Here are the mistakes I saw.

1) People with their noses out. I don't know how many people I had to ask to tuck their nose in. Some masks are crap and constantly fall down. Just wear a surgical mask instead of having to figit all day long.

3) Several people seem to keep their mask in their office. They will walk through the whole building maskless until they get to their office upon arrival.

5) I saw one girl who had three surgical masks hanging up to dry out and use again.

6) People walking into the building and then gradually putting on the mask after passing several people.

7) People just straight up not wearing the mask. They do sometimes but not always.

I'm sure there is more. This goes on everywhere. If we could just tighten up on the basics we would be doing much better right now.

Among my friends, we call the people in #1 dick noses

Some people have trouble breathing w/ it over their nose. I am one. The last time I took a cab, the driver told me right off he was okay with me taking it off my nose - he could see my breathing was laboured. (and I was coming home from a medical appt so don't say I should have stayed home)

Not everyone has access to surgical masks.

Another thing - the ones I have ride up my nose and poke my eyes. I've had scratches on my cornea before and they are extremely painful. So, I'm constantly adjusting it. (I've ordered a cloth mask in the hopes it stays put better)

Ive seen the exact same thing. At any given time there are between 300-400 people in the station where I work. Masks are mandatory, but there is little or no enforcement. Very few people wear them all the time and properly. Most have them under their chin or below their nose or hanging from their ear. Whats funny is that those who do wwear them, often pull them down when talking to others because its hard to hear whats being said with them on--thus defeating the whole purpose.

I work in a medical office...I see patients arrive unmasked, half masked, wearing poorly fitting masks or wearing filthy masks. I've seen used masks pulled out of purses/bags and passed out to others in their group or offered to strangers who might need one. It completely grosses me out to see how poorly handled/worn these mask are. Utterly disgusting in most cases. I don't get how anyone with half a brain could put on a dirty mask, especially one worn by someone else. Surgical masks are meant to be worn 1 time not over and over. Cloth masks are meant to be washed after use. I can't imagine how much bacteria/germs are in/on those masks that people are so casually tossing around, touching constantly, putting down on tables they eat from, etc.

I work in a medical office...I see patients arrive unmasked, half masked, wearing poorly fitting masks or wearing filthy masks. I've seen used masks pulled out of purses/bags and passed out to others in their group or offered to strangers who might need one. It completely grosses me out to see how poorly handled/worn these mask are. Utterly disgusting in most cases. I don't get how anyone with half a brain could put on a dirty mask, especially one worn by someone else. Surgical masks are meant to be worn 1 time not over and over. Cloth masks are meant to be washed after use. I can't imagine how much bacteria/germs are in/on those masks that people are so casually tossing around, touching constantly, putting down on tables they eat from, etc.

The US has done a very poor job of educating people of the do's and don'ts of mask wearing. This applies to wearing gloves as well.

I've got a system that works for me. I folded a couple neckerchiefs diagonally and pressed snap fasteners in the wings so I can wear them around my throat and just pull it up over my nose when needed. I pressed a bunch of coffee filters into flat circles and cut a straight edge on them so they tuck up inside, flat edge against the fold. They stay there amazingly well.
The cloth is washable, the filter disposable. Works great, but I only need to wear it an hour or two tops but I don't see why longer periods would be a problem.

Dont worry, after the election it will be safe to breathe again.

Sweden's lead epidemiologist recommends against masks for all the reasons thus far listed. People don't use them properly for a hundred reasons. They cause people to touch their faces far more than usual. And they convey a false sense of security, giving people the sense of being protected from transmission in group settings, etc. when this isn't the case.

Doing masks "right" on a daily basis would be remarkably expensive. High-quality masks (i.e. masks that actually do something) aren't cheap, and you'd have to burn through at least 1-3 a day to use them properly.

I'm glad I can work from home.

We'll have the vaccine by then.

Trump's October surprise!

Not trump’s October surprise, Putin’s October surprise with an untested vaccine. Four Russian Doctors have ‘jumped’ out of Hospitals to their Deaths.

Now we have another Poisoning, after the Assassinations of our Soldiers. How would Reagan feel about today’s GOPutins?

Oh, and Trump is a dictator as we breathe with the election.

Sweden's lead epidemiologist recommends against masks for all the reasons thus far listed. People don't use them properly for a hundred reasons. They cause people to touch their faces far more than usual. And they convey a false sense of security, giving people the sense of being protected from transmission in group settings, etc. when this isn't the case.

Doing masks "right" on a daily basis would be remarkably expensive. High-quality masks (i.e. masks that actually do something) aren't cheap, and you'd have to burn through at least 1-3 a day to use them properly.

I'm glad I can work from home.

If everybody just wore a basic surgical mask we would be fine. I'm assuming all parties in a given given situation have their mask on. It's not difficult to know what to do with the mask. I would think people would understand that social distancing plus wearing a mask is how to keep safe.

All that being said, people are morons. Some people just don't care. I think a mandate without some education and proper supply of effective masks is not ideal. I still think having people wear masks is better than not based on the studies I've seen.

Not trump’s October surprise, Putin’s October surprise with an untested vaccine. Four Russian Doctors have ‘jumped’ out of Hospitals to their Deaths.

Now we have another Poisoning, after the Assassinations of our Soldiers. How would Reagan feel about today’s GOPutins?

Oh, and Trump is a dictator as we breathe with the election.

Trump couldn't bring an untested vaccine to market if he wanted to. You QAnons need to stay off the computer.

Trump couldn't bring an untested vaccine to market if he wanted to. You QAnons need to stay off the computer.
Are you a TrumpQin who projects QAnon, like Jesus Pence saying ‘a miracle is around the corner’?

1) People with their noses out. I don't know how many people I had to ask to tuck their nose in.

Ugh, every time I see someone with their nose out, I want to say "hey moron, viruses can travel through your nose". Basic biology asshole- the ear, nose mouth and throat are connected"...

Are you a TrumpQin who projects QAnon, like Jesus Pence saying ‘a miracle is around the corner’?

I don't support Trump! You keep slapping your own face when you come at me! Stop it!

selfish lazy bitches.

Humans, a failed species.

Social distancing works. Masks do not. "Put on a mask and go out shopping and vacationing" was when cases exploded in places where they were only tokenly present beforehand

selfish lazy bitches.

Humans, a failed species.

It's those things plus lots of ignorance. I also think a large portion of society just doesn't care.

Social distancing works. Masks do not. "Put on a mask and go out shopping and vacationing" was when cases exploded in places where they were only tokenly present beforehand

I think when bars and gyms etc. were allowed to open at full capacity is when cases exploded. Two places with lots of heavy breathing, and screaming but not much mask wearing.

It's those things plus lots of ignorance. I also think a large portion of society just doesn't care.

human's suffer from, "it's always the other guy" syndrome. It's not till you get older that you learn... you are the other guy sometimes.

I think when bars and gyms etc. were allowed to open at full capacity is when cases exploded. Two places with lots of heavy breathing, and screaming but not much mask wearing.

Bars and gyms were opened up at the same time mask orders were coming down.

Some people have trouble breathing w/ it over their nose. I am one. The last time I took a cab, the driver told me right off he was okay with me taking it off my nose - he could see my breathing was laboured. (and I was coming home from a medical appt so don't say I should have stayed home)

Not everyone has access to surgical masks.

Another thing - the ones I have ride up my nose and poke my eyes. I've had scratches on my cornea before and they are extremely painful. So, I'm constantly adjusting it. (I've ordered a cloth mask in the hopes it stays put better)

I also have trouble breathing in a mask, get light headed, etc. So I ordered some face shields. They just came today, but now I'm reluctant to wear it in public because I haven't seen anyone around here wearing one ever. It makes me feel like I'm suited up for Halloween or something. It's always something, right?

For those that wear cloth masks, please wash them daily.....have several so they can be changed out when being cleaned.

At the end of the day, a cloth mask is a filter full of bio-critters that need to be killed.

For those that wear cloth masks, please wash them daily.....have several so they can be changed out when being cleaned.

At the end of the day, a cloth mask is a filter full of bio-critters that need to be killed.

I have heard that you can put n95's in a plastic bag and wear it again after 7 days.

Back
Top Bottom