• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Slavery in America - How did it start?

Not in the smae way. Why are people here belittling the ugliness of the American slave trade and institution involving Black persons as chattel? By the time of the US Constitution other nations were banning the trade as the Southern Confederate states were arguing for an extension and right to trade and own slaves.
Straw man. :roll:

Straw man. :roll:

Straw man?
A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position. Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It appears that by any accepted definition, it is your post that contains the straw man argument. I was just too polite (or lazy) to point it out. LOL

wah, wah, wah, wah...... does it really matter? why do certain people want to keep using something that happened over 150 years ago as a crutch?

Honestly, almost every single black living in the US today should be thanking "whitey" for slavery. If it wasn't for slavery, none of them would be here today. they'd still be living in grass huts in Africa or would not exist at all.

Slavery was a terrible thing, but, IMHO, blacks in the US today are better off that it happened than if it had not.

wah, wah, wah, wah...... does it really matter? why do certain people want to keep using something that happened over 150 years ago as a crutch?

Honestly, almost every single black living in the US today should be thanking "whitey" for slavery. If it wasn't for slavery, none of them would be here today. they'd still be living in grass huts in Africa or would not exist at all.

Slavery was a terrible thing, but, IMHO, blacks in the US today are better off that it happened than if it had not.

None of them would be living here? Wow. Thanks for sharing that divine revelation. Seriously, why do you insist on making white people look bad? It's a serious question.

None of them would be living here? Wow. Thanks for sharing that divine revelation. Seriously, why do you insist on making white people look bad? It's a serious question.

you tell me, genius.

question: how many black people would be in the US today if their ancestors hadn't been forcibly relocated from Africa?

answer: damn few. just look at the immigration stats.

question: how many black people living in the US today owe their very existance to some poor slave that was raped by a white master?

answer: more do than don't. why do you think there are so many blacks named Jefferson, Washington, etc?

If anything, the white racists should be more pissed about slavery than the blacks. without slavery the black population in the US today would only be a fraction of what it is now.

according to the 2000 census, among the 10 metro areas with the HIGHEST population of african born immigrants, africans make up at most ~10% of the black population. and that is in the area of highest population.

Last edited:
Straw man?

It appears that by any accepted definition, it is your post that contains the straw man argument. I was just too polite (or lazy) to point it out. LOL
I don't give a squirt of piss about politeness, but I will grant you that you are lazy. If you ever decide to not be lazy, please feel free to point out where I was "belittling the ugliness of the American slave trade and institution involving Black persons as chattel". Or maybe SE102 can do it if you're too lazy and he happens to have a moment of lucidity today.

"LOL"

thank you. It is always pleasant to be recognized for one's true being.

so you accept the validity of my points...thanks

you tell me, genius.

question: how many black people would be in the US today if their ancestors hadn't been forcibly relocated from Africa?

answer: damn few. just look at the immigration stats.

question: how many black people living in the US today owe their very existance to some poor slave that was raped by a white master?

answer: more do than don't. why do you think there are so many blacks named Jefferson, Washington, etc?

If anything, the white racists should be more pissed about slavery than the blacks. without slavery the black population in the US today would only be a fraction of what it is now.

according to the 2000 census, among the 10 metro areas with the HIGHEST population of african born immigrants, africans make up at most ~10% of the black population. and that is in the area of highest population.

You seem to spend much of your time worrying about the plight of the black man in America? I wonder if you've ever considered an internship at the local NAACP?

You seem to spend much of your time worrying about the plight of the black man in America? I wonder if you've ever considered an internship at the local NAACP?

because I made a couple of posts in this lame ass crybaby thread? get real.

another question for you. where would you rather live

a.) typical american town

america.jpg

b.) typical african village

africa.jpg

I apologize for engaging you seriously. Won't happen again. Promise.

In other words...you can't refute anything I've posted. yet another mouse falls victim to Pope Happycat I

catpope.jpg

In other words...you can't refute anything I've posted. yet another mouse falls victim to Pope Happycat I

View attachment 67112752

You're right. I can't. Because I'm not good enough, I'm not smart enough, and, doggonit, if people would only like me!

"I do not deserve good things. I am not entitled to my share of happiness. I refuse to stop beating myself up. I am not a very attractive person. I wish I was fun to be with."

Back
Top Bottom