• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Skyrocketing Chicago crime has small businesses, corporations pack their bags: 'Enough is enough'

Conservative

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

A business owner in Chicago, Illinois tells Fox News Digital that skyrocketing crime in the city forced him to quit doing business in town adding to the list of individuals and businesses that have fled Illinois over the past couple of years amid surging crime.

Gary Rabine, founder of the Rabine Group and owner of 13 businesses, told Fox News Digital this week that surging crime in Chicago was a driving factor in his decision to pull his road paving company out of the city after his crews were repeatedly robbed, sometimes in broad daylight, even after adding security to the jobs.

"We would do thousands of jobs a year in the city, but as we got robbed more, my people operating rollers and pavers we got robbed, our equipment would get stolen in broad daylight and there would usually be a gun involved, and it got expensive and it got dangerous," Rabine told Fox News Digital.

Add this major city to the growing list of Blue cities losing businesses, taxpayers due to rising crimes. Add Atlanta and LA to this list

Add this major city to the growing list of Blue cities losing businesses, taxpayers due to rising crimes. Add Atlanta and LA to this list
What a crying shame!

And some (not all) Dems downplay violent crime.

Especially amusing are those people who ask, "What crime? I have walked around many so-called dangerous cities and never had any problems."

Let them continue to walk around New York City or Baltimore or New Orleans or Philadelphia or .... They may, sadly, be forced to change their mind. (Hear tell one neighborhood is trying to secede from Atlanta.)

That's what happens when you have a weak Crook County DA and a loudmouth idiot for a Mayor.

Nice, another sensationalistic fox hit piece on Chicago geared at people that many can’t find on a map.

Nice, another sensationalistic fox hit piece on Chicago geared at people that many can’t find on a map.
Nice diversion from reality from another liberal out of touch with reality, safe in your home but oblivious to what is going on around you, How many murders this past weekend and this year? As usual you hate the messenger and ignore the message. What is it about liberalism that creates your kind of loyalty? Keep that hear buried in the sand showing typical liberal selfishness, you are great so it doesn't matter what the ideology claims and then produces

Another hit piece on anyone right of Bernie Sanders. Sounds like a broken record. For the record: I don't get my news from Fox but for one hour Sunday morning. I don't have cable. I grew up in the Chicago suburbs. I have been criticizing Chicago government since the days of King Richard. (Don't know who that is? Then you don't know enough to have an opinion on Chicago government) So Lightfoot is LGBTQPOC. So what? This does not make her any more eligible for criticism, nor any less. Democrats have been doing their best to F up this city for at least the last 70 plus years. They have succeeded. The only saving grace is that NYC is generally worse. Both are so paranoid over the posibility of violating some low life's civil rights that they let said low lifes violate the civil rights, and right to life, of citizens 24/7.

I guess right wingers like you will be predicting that everybody and every business will and are leaving Chicago just like you guys say about California every couple of months.

I guess right wingers like you will be predicting that everybody and every business will and are leaving Chicago just like you guys say about California every couple of months.
No but when will you address the negatives of left policies? Liberals never address the results

Failures? By what standards?
Results. Conservatives and their policies fail at getting good results. Yet you still slavishly follow and believe.
Looks to me like results don't resonate with you or results manufactured for personal gain
Why don't you like GOOD results? Why are you always selling the need to worship very bad conservative results?

Results. Conservatives and their policies fail at getting good results. Yet you still slavishly follow and believe.
Ok prove it Bea, bls, state coffers tell a different story but you wouldn't understand that
Why don't you like GOOD results? Why are you always selling the need to worship very bad conservative results?
I have posted those good Trump results and you have posted nothing

Ok prove it Bea, bls, state coffers tell a different story but you wouldn't understand that
I have posted those good Dem results and horrific republican results time and again. You just ignore them.
I have posted those good Trump results and you have posted nothing
You just post in economic threads and get humiliated my so many people so so often. Your posts are mere comedy.

I have posted those good Dem results and horrific republican results time and again. You just ignore them.

You just post in economic threads and get humiliated my so many people so so often. Your posts are mere comedy.
Sorry but that is a lie and current results expose that lie.

This is the resylt of the republican policies of guns guns guns.

I posted to another poster, a good friend of yours I am sure last night asking that poster to post the Obama data for example that was better than Trump's and so far I have gotten the right answer, silence. I am asking you the same thing, tell me what good results have been generated by Democrat policies and why those policies then aren't generating the positive results for Biden/Harris. I expect the same answer from you, silence. Nothing changes the mind of a liberal zealot as results don't matter because liberals feel good attacking someone else to divert from those results.

Every major Democrat City in this country is a fiscal and social disaster which is what you seem to want for the rest of the country. You are doing just that all over the nation, so sad that someone who claims they served their country supports total incompetents like Biden/Harris out of hatred for Trump

Oh by the way, bet I can expect to see how all those Red states in the nation have such poor crime data ignoring that 39 of the top 50 cities in population are run by Democrats with many of them in Red states, example, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, El Paso, Austin well over 6 million people are blue cities for decades in a Red state of TX. Blue cities in red states are ignored when it comes to statistics

Far right wingers watched faux today.

News at eleven.

I posted to another poster, a good friend of yours I am sure last night asking that poster to post the Obama data for example that was better than Trump's and so far I have gotten the right answer, silence. I am asking you the same thing, tell me what good results have been generated by Democrat policies and why those policies then aren't generating the positive results for Biden/Harris. I expect the same answer from you, silence. Nothing changes the mind of a liberal zealot as results don't matter because liberals feel good attacking someone else to divert from those results.

Every major Democrat City in this country is a fiscal and social disaster which is what you seem to want for the rest of the country. You are doing just that all over the nation, so sad that someone who claims they served their country supports total incompetents like Biden/Harris out of hatred for Trump

Oh by the way, bet I can expect to see how all those Red states in the nation have such poor crime data ignoring that 39 of the top 50 cities in population are run by Democrats with many of them in Red states, example, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, El Paso, Austin well over 6 million people are blue cities for decades in a Red state of TX. Blue cities in red states are ignored when it comes to statistics
You clearly don't spend much time in actual cities. I can't speak for every city, but I know New England.

Boston is, despite having an actual Minotaur's maze for a road system, safe and delightful. And the once neglected neighborhoods or surrounding communities like Chelsea, Jamaica Plain or Somerville are really starting to get the love and investment they've always deserved. Portland, ME is a food paradise, and most of the midsized or big cities are making real effort to overcome the legacies of redlining, industrialization, and suburbanification.

Another hit piece on anyone right of Bernie Sanders. Sounds like a broken record. For the record: I don't get my news from Fox but for one hour Sunday morning. I don't have cable. I grew up in the Chicago suburbs. I have been criticizing Chicago government since the days of King Richard. (Don't know who that is? Then you don't know enough to have an opinion on Chicago government) So Lightfoot is LGBTQPOC. So what? This does not make her any more eligible for criticism, nor any less. Democrats have been doing their best to F up this city for at least the last 70 plus years. They have succeeded. The only saving grace is that NYC is generally worse. Both are so paranoid over the posibility of violating some low life's civil rights that they let said low lifes violate the civil rights, and right to life, of citizens 24/7.
I was born, grew up and live on the North side. I remember when Uptown was a ghetto and crawling with hillbillies and Latin Kings in the 70s. The North side disgusts me as gentrification has taken hold and now resembles the suburbs with corporate chains popping up every day. This town has always been on the take since it’s founding in 1833. It was no better in the 20s when Republicans ran the show. Was actually worse because when Big Bill Thomson was mayor, he had the mob show up at the polls making sure people voted “the right way” Democratic judges homes were dynamited, good times.
This town is like a battered wife, but I love her.

You clearly don't spend much time in actual cities. I can't speak for every city, but I know New England.

Boston is, despite having an actual Minotaur's maze for a road system, safe and delightful. And the once neglected neighborhoods or surrounding communities like Chelsea, Jamaica Plain or Somerville are really starting to get the love and investment they've always deserved. Portland, ME is a food paradise, and most of the midsized or big cities are making real effort to overcome the legacies of redlining, industrialization, and suburbanification.
Spent a lot of time in major cities including Chicago so what does that have to do with the OP

Portland, Me is a food paradise.

Back
Top Bottom