• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Skyrim

Total Skyrim Overhaul was a bust. It includes some seriously hardcore mods for combat, including stuff I haaaaaate like equipment breakage. So bad that the first wolf I fought hit me once and broke my bow. Yeah, no thanks.

Trying a different mod pack.

Ouch! I had one game years and years back that pulled that "hardcore combat" crap; when I realized I'd have to have an entire arsenal in my limited inventory just to get through the first quest, I dumped the game and moved on. That was unbelievably annoying.

Fingers crossed the next mod pack is a keeper!

If you assign a follower to be your home's steward, you can tell them to just go buy furnishings. Poof, house furnished.
Yea, I've done that in the past. Hate giving orders. ;) Anyways, at times I've encountered glitches using that method. Speaking of glitches.

I had hoped that this current game I'm playing would be glitch free. No such luck. I got my first one this morning with the crimson nirnroot quest. Damn lady won't acknowledge my having 30 of them to complete the quest. I did install a mod marking the location of them in Blackreach (it's such a pain in the ass navigating through that cavern). I'm wondering whether it had anything to do with the glitch. Nothing bothers me more than having an uncompleted quest in my logbook. I suppose if I was using the PC version I could do something about this. Too late.

Yea, I've done that in the past. Hate giving orders. ;) Anyways, at times I've encountered glitches using that method. Speaking of glitches.

I had hoped that this current game I'm playing would be glitch free. No such luck. I got my first one this morning with the crimson nirnroot quest. Damn lady won't acknowledge my having 30 of them to complete the quest. I did install a mod marking the location of them in Blackreach (it's such a pain in the ass navigating through that cavern). I'm wondering whether it had anything to do with the glitch. Nothing bothers me more than having an uncompleted quest in my logbook. I suppose if I was using the PC version I could do something about this. Too late.

Hmm, that quest has to be done by picking up one at a time, and making sure that the quest updates every time you pick one up. I tried cheating in 30 of them at once, and although I had 30 in my inventory, the lady wasn't having any of it. So I had to do an "additem" 30 times, lol, watch the quest update 30 times, then she was happy.

The unofficial patches fix most if not all of the bugs of the game. I would suggest you install them if you want a bug free playthrough.

Hmm, that quest has to be done by picking up one at a time, and making sure that the quest updates every time you pick one up. I tried cheating in 30 of them at once, and although I had 30 in my inventory, the lady wasn't having any of it. So I had to do an "additem" 30 times, lol, watch the quest update 30 times, then she was happy.

The unofficial patches fix most if not all of the bugs of the game. I would suggest you install them if you want a bug free playthrough.
Thanks for the tips. I was able to finish the quest. I disabled the mod, stashed the nirnroot in a chest. Grabbed them again and the lady accepted them. All’s good. The only bad thing is my grandson has taken control of the Xbox and now I can’t play.

Wow! The view of Soul Cairn from the sky is awesome and so much easier to navigate. Don’t know why Bethesda didn’t make flying part of the game playing instead of having to use a mod. Like making it available after defeating a dragon.

Wow! The view of Soul Cairn from the sky is awesome and so much easier to navigate. Don’t know why Bethesda didn’t make flying part of the game playing instead of having to use a mod. Like making it available after defeating a dragon.

Some nights I spend my entire play time getting my character up at dawn and flying over Cyrodill just enjoying the magnificent scenery until the sun goes down. It's such fun. :)

The one place I avoid is Blackreach. *shudder* That place gives me the creeps.

Some nights I spend my entire play time getting my character up at dawn and flying over Cyrodill just enjoying the magnificent scenery until the sun goes down. It's such fun. :)

The one place I avoid is Blackreach. *shudder* That place gives me the creeps.
Are you a scaredy-cat? I’ll have to see if I can use Rudolph there. With his big red nose it might brighten the place up.

Are you a scaredy-cat? I’ll have to see if I can use Rudolph there. With his big red nose it might brighten the place up.

Yeah, I am. Blackreach and Soul Cairn creep me out. I do the quest as fast as possible and never look back. :(

DDaWGV5.png

Next modpack, NOISE, working out much better. It does a bunch of the graphical updates and expands on the basic Skyrim mechanics without trying to completely overhaul everything.

Also, no Big Tiddy Waifu cringe. Skyrim did not need boob physics.

DDaWGV5.png

Next modpack, NOISE, working out much better. It does a bunch of the graphical updates and expands on the basic Skyrim mechanics without trying to completely overhaul everything.

Also, no Big Tiddy Waifu cringe. Skyrim did not need boob physics.
Glad it’s working out for ya. Where’s the screen shot from? It’s very dark.

Glad it’s working out for ya. Where’s the screen shot from? It’s very dark.

Dragon attack on Solitude.

A lot of lighting mods seem to really darken things.

12VYFIX.png

Vyzgu8H.png

GpQXJmF.png

Looks pretty good though.

In Skyrim, I'm a Nord warrior, ex-Stormcloak. Have a nice house I built by a lake, a beautiful wife, one daughter and a pet fox. I have a really nice collection of weapons, but my go to is a two-handed sword. Getting better with bows, though. More gold than I know what to do with.
I was thinking about buying the house in Solitude as a cash sink, but too many liberals up there.....:lamo

Legacy of the Dragonborn is a huge mod. It's basically a DLC all in of itself. You start a museum for all the stuff you find, it adds all sorts of extra artifacts and quests.

And... I own an airship now.

KkznqVN.png

Legacy of the Dragonborn is a huge mod. It's basically a DLC all in of itself. You start a museum for all the stuff you find, it adds all sorts of extra artifacts and quests.

KkznqVN.png

Whoa! Now that is cool!

Q

KkznqVN.png
Is the ship part of the package?

This thread was started because I discovered DiAnna and I share a common interest. We’re both huge fans of Skyrim. I think we find the same appeal for playing it. It’s hard to explain what that is but I think anyone who plays gets it.

So, anyways if you’re a fan (or haven’t played) feel free to bring your questions and/or experience here.

Is it available on PC? Isn't it part of the elder scrolls? If so what do you think of elder scrolls?

Is it available on PC? Isn't it part of the elder scrolls? If so what do you think of elder scrolls?
I’m not sure. I found it on Bethesda’s mod site (and installed it) but haven’t figured out how to actually activate it.

I liked the ESO (after they did some modifications to the original). But unless you have the plus membership ($14.99 a month) to gain a craft bag with unlimited storage it can be tedious. Also I found it more of a group playing game. You can play solo but some of the quests are, imo, impossible to do without help.

Discovered that the Bethesda mod legacy of Dragonborn is not the same as the nexus one. Nexus one looks good.

Q
Is the ship part of the package?

Yeah, it's part of Legacy of the Dragonborn (as far as I can tell, it came directly as a result of building a guildhall at my museum. However, there are 355 active mods...)

It's not a free-fly airship, unfortunately, but it can fly to various points and act as a home base. It has some kind of sorting chest. Best I can tell, you can dump all your crap into it and it will automagically sort the stuff into a bunch of separate chests in the airship.

Edit: And yes, it's LOTD from Nexus.

I’m not sure. I found it on Bethesda’s mod site (and installed it) but haven’t figured out how to actually activate it.

I liked the ESO (after they did some modifications to the original). But unless you have the plus membership ($14.99 a month) to gain a craft bag with unlimited storage it can be tedious. Also I found it more of a group playing game. You can play solo but some of the quests are, imo, impossible to do without help.

I've only found that with the toughest of the Craglorn group quests (they are explicitly for groups). Even then, a lot of that area's group quests can be solo'd with some attention and patience. Really just need the right amount of self-heal abilities.

Public dungeons are a breeze to solo. Group dungeons, obviously not.

I've only found that with the toughest of the Craglorn group quests (they are explicitly for groups). Even then, a lot of that area's group quests can be solo'd with some attention and patience. Really just need the right amount of self-heal abilities.

Public dungeons are a breeze to solo. Group dungeons, obviously not.
Did you join any player guilds? I think you were allowed up five.

Did you join any player guilds? I think you were allowed up five.

I haven't bothered yet. At some point I do want to try out more group stuff. I've been treating it like a mostly-solo game thus far.

I haven't bothered yet. At some point I do want to try out more group stuff. I've been treating it like a mostly-solo game thus far.
I’m with you on the solo game play. Although I enjoy interacting with others sometimes I have a specific objective in mind and any distraction can throw me off. I would be guild invited at least once a week. Didn’t care for the ones that demanded a fee to be a member. I would give once a week voluntarily to any guild I was a member of.

My museum is haunted! There's a ghost around. Books fly off shelves, papers flying about, spooky horror movie noises. The priest helping me deal with the ghost is recommending we "get some rest" because we'll "need to be sharp."

He wants me to sleep. In a haunted museum. HAS THIS GUY NEVER WATCHED A HORROR MOVIE OR WHAT

Edit:

Update: The mannequins have come alive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom