• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Skyrim

Overitall

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
This thread was started because I discovered DiAnna and I share a common interest. We’re both huge fans of Skyrim. I think we find the same appeal for playing it. It’s hard to explain what that is but I think anyone who plays gets it.

So, anyways if you’re a fan (or haven’t played) feel free to bring your questions and/or experience here.

This thread was started because I discovered DiAnna and I share a common interest. We’re both huge fans of Skyrim. I think we find the same appeal for playing it. It’s hard to explain what that is but I think anyone who plays gets it.

So, anyways if you’re a fan (or haven’t played) feel free to bring your questions and/or experience here.

Wander around, make the world your own, avoid the main quest, use mods. It's beautiful, especially with a six pack and a night to yourself.

morrowind was a much dunmer game

DiAnna, first thing I should ask is if you have a Bethesda account. When I mentioned “mods” I was referring to the cheating mods. One of them is called the “Cheating room”. There you’ll discover a slew of helps. One being a cheat ring that gives you practically unlimited carrying. This is very useful cause I hated having to choose what to keep and what to drop as I adventured through dungeons or caves. Or once I reached my limit having to backtrack out to unload my goodies.

Anyways heres a link to the site where can find the mods I’m referring to.

Bethesda.net Dashboard

Wander around, make the world your own, avoid the main quest, use mods. It's beautiful, especially with a six pack and a night to yourself.
I get lost in the world (time wise) and can easily spend hours a day playing it. I guess you can say I’m addicted. And some may find it odd that a 64 yr old man is playing games like this.

morrowind was a much dunmer game
Don’t recall if I ever played. You can play Skyrim again and again with different characters. Like DiAnna I strive for playing the perfect game (if such a thing exists) and when I feel I’ve explored the whole world (including Soltheim) I start over again.

Don’t recall if I ever played. You can play Skyrim again and again with different characters. Like DiAnna I strive for playing the perfect game (if such a thing exists) and when I feel I’ve explored the whole world (including Soltheim) I start over again.

That's cos 6 ain't out yet

I been on it since '97 and I am not quitting ever.

That's cos 6 ain't out yet

I been on it since '97 and I am not quitting ever.
I’ve been eagerly waiting for 6.

I started playing Elder Scroll online but it doesn’t compare (favorably imo) to Skyrim.

The 6 better blow me away or it will be disappointing waiting for a dud. Especially since who knows how much more time I have on earth. :)

I've spent hundreds of hours playing the game though not much recently.

I’ve been eagerly waiting for 6.

I started playing Elder Scroll online but it doesn’t compare (favorably imo) to Skyrim.

The 6 better blow me away or it will be disappointing waiting for a dud. Especially since who knows how much more time I have on earth. :)

I've been playing Online quite a bit and, while it isn't Skyrim, it's got an unbelievable amount of content. In a lot of ways I've come to enjoy it even more than Skyrim.

I've been playing Online quite a bit and, while it isn't Skyrim, it's got an unbelievable amount of content. In a lot of ways I've come to enjoy it even more than Skyrim.
Are you involved with player guilds? I’ve got one but it was like pulling teeth to get them involved in joint questing. I get how most people prefer solo questing but imo some of the quests are impossible to do on your own.

One of the best games of all time. My son is starting to play it, and he's using a mod that allows him to play as a kid throughout the entire campaign- he still gets scared stiff every time he encounters a draugr though.

Are you involved with player guilds? I’ve got one but it was like pulling teeth to get them involved in joint questing. I get how most people prefer solo questing but imo some of the quests are impossible to do on your own.

I've only been playing solo though I will jump in on world bosses. I've been playing since the beta and still haven't done any group dungeons or PvP stuff. Heck, I still haven't hit the Clockwork City or Imperial City.

I'll play a few hours a day in spurts, a few hours a month most of the time. At one point I was on a lot but I just don't have the time or consistency of schedule where I'd be any benefit to a guild.

One of the best games of all time. My son is starting to play it, and he's using a mod that allows him to play as a kid throughout the entire campaign- he still gets scared stiff every time he encounters a draugr though.
Lol, they can be creepy looking. Do you help him with the game? I found or so it seems that kids have a knack for these games. Every time I got stuck on god of war I’d get one of my grand children to get me through. What I struggled with for hours he would get through in 15 minutes.

I've only been playing solo though I will jump in on world bosses. I've been playing since the beta and still haven't done any group dungeons or PvP stuff. Heck, I still haven't hit the Clockwork City or Imperial City.

I'll play a few hours a day in spurts, a few hours a month most of the time. At one point I was on a lot but I just don't have the time or consistency of schedule where I'd be any benefit to a guild.
The imperial city is definitely a challenge alone. Hard to get to. I had multiple homes to transport to which helps. One of them had all the crafting stations.

I enjoyed it while i was able to play it but for some reason it didnt like windows 10....

I enjoyed it while i was able to play it but for some reason it didnt like windows 10....
Oh. I play games only on gaming consoles. Last time I played on the pc was when I was into Warcraft. Good game but graphics sucked. If you have a console you should consider picking it up again.

If you all haven't watched this lady, treat yourself to a cool 80 year old grandma who plays the hell out of Skyrim:

Oh. I play games only on gaming consoles. Last time I played on the pc was when I was into Warcraft. Good game but graphics sucked. If you have a console you should consider picking it up again.

I have it on console too but console games are not really for moding.

Morrowind was the last Elder Scrolls game before they started dumbing down the series. That is not to say that oblivion or SKyrim are not good games(they are), but Morrowing is one of the top 3 RPGS ever.

If you all haven't watched this lady, treat yourself to a cool 80 year old grandma who plays the hell out of Skyrim:

WOW! I hope I’m able to play any game at that age. What surprises me is how many of the ladies who are gamers.

I have it on console too but console games are not really for moding.

Check out the link I shared with DiAnna. There are hundreds of mods that you can download. All platforms. I play on Xbox.

Morrowind was the last Elder Scrolls game before they started dumbing down the series. That is not to say that oblivion or SKyrim are not good games(they are), but Morrowing is one of the top 3 RPGS ever.
Can’t disagree with you on that, having never played it. What are the other two?

Can’t disagree with you on that, having never played it. What are the other two?

Everquest(proved MMOs could be financially successful and led to the current world with millions of MMO players and dozens of MMOs)
AD&D Gold Box games(kinda defined the computer RPG)

Honorable mention of Wizardry and Ultima series games.

Back
Top Bottom