• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Skippy of Jif?

What is your favorite peanut butter?

• Total voters
----------------
Hey, polgara.
Jeez....that is a LOT of peanut butter!
What the heck do you bake that requires 12 jars of pb?

Whole bunch of peanut butter cookies?

The cashew butter is excellent, don't you think? Much better than peanut butter IMO. Expensive though! :)

Oh absolutely, I go to almond butter every once in a while and it's a little less expensive, but the cashew butter - well worth the cost.

Oh absolutely, I go to almond butter every once in a while and it's a little less expensive, but the cashew butter - well worth the cost.

I've never had almond, will have to give it a try!

The poll is showing most people prefer Jif.

Could that be because the use molasses as an ingredient?

Could be. I know as a kid I preferred Skippy for the crunchy style and Jiff for the creamy style.

I've never had almond, will have to give it a try!

My Mother used to read a lot of Edgar Casey (the sleeping prophet) and he says three almonds a day will keep cancer away. Almond butter makes that easy. :mrgreen:

And thanks for the Jif cashew butter tip, probably way less expensive than buying it at the health food store.

My Mother used to read a lot of Edgar Casey (the sleeping prophet) and he says three almonds a day will keep cancer away. Almond butter makes that easy. :mrgreen:

And thanks for the Jif cashew butter tip, probably way less expensive than buying it at the health food store.

Well I know I like almonds, so I'll like almond butter too.

No problem! Might not be as healthy for you though. :)

Well I know I like almonds, so I'll like almond butter too.

No problem! Might not be as healthy for you though. :)

Hah! Don't buy it for health but because I like the way it tastes. I eat what makes me feel good.

Hah! Don't buy it for health but because I like the way it tastes. I eat what makes me feel good.

Hopefully with a little moderation though. ;)

Hopefully with a little moderation though. ;)

Spoilsport! :cool:

You know, overdoing anything generally leads to not feeling good, so I eat most everything in moderation. When I was younger, not so much. I remember eating an entire huge bowl of the most delicious cherries - I paid for that one!

-------------

Yet, Cayce died of a stroke at 67.
He should have eaten walnuts....omega-3 fatty acids would've prevented that darn stroke.
Of course, the nutritional benefits weren't known at that time.
However, since Edgar was a prophet...shouldn't he have "forseen" these benefits?;)

-------------

He should have eaten walnuts....omega-3 fatty acids would've prevented that darn stroke.
However, since Edgar was a prophet...shouldn't he have "forseen" these benefits?;)

I don't know. Do they make walnut butter? :mrgreen:

I love Skippy extra-crunchy peanut butter. Jif...meh! :)

----------------
Hey, polgara.
Jeez....that is a LOT of peanut butter!
What the heck do you bake that requires 12 jars of pb?

Hello, Radioman! :2wave: Where you been?

I make lots and lots of PB cookies, PB-choco chip cookies, PB fudge, some using crunchy and some creamy, and a a Reese-cup type fudge. Roaster-size tins go to my kids in Texas, and I get to keep a few for me to serve during the Holidays, and also to give as gifts. With each recipe calling for one or two cups of PB, it doesn't take long to disappear. :lamo: PS. I also love PB-banana sandwiches for eating. :thumbs: :sigh:

How does your garden grow? Are you on a second garden now?

I make lots and lots of PB cookies, PB-choco chip cookies, PB fudge, some using crunchy and some creamy, and a a Reese-cup type fudge. Roaster-size tins go to my kids in Texas, and I get to keep a few for me to serve during the Holidays, and also to give as gifts. With each recipe calling for one or two cups of PB, it doesn't take long to disappear. :lamo: PS. I also love PB-banana sandwiches for eating. :thumbs: :sigh:

-------------

Yummy!!
As for my garden, I am on my second...even third...go round.
Mixed results this year....squash, onions, carrots, garlic were excellent.
Tomatoes were/are a problem.
Luckily, I planted 12+ plants.
The few good plants--Sun Gold, beefsteak--made up for my dismal heirloom crop.
"Get 'em next year", is my mantra.

Reese Cup fudge!!!! :mrgreen:

Evening Polgara :2wave:

I make lots and lots of PB cookies, PB-choco chip cookies, PB fudge, some using crunchy and some creamy, and a a Reese-cup type fudge. Roaster-size tins go to my kids in Texas, and I get to keep a few for me to serve during the Holidays, and also to give as gifts. With each recipe calling for one or two cups of PB, it doesn't take long to disappear. :lamo: PS. I also love PB-banana sandwiches for eating.

-------------

He wasn't a prophet, he was a psychic medium and Spirit never tells you more than you need to know..

The health food store stuff probably doesn't have trans fat, though (if you happen to try to avoid that).

He wasn't a prophet, he was a psychic medium and Spirit never tells you more than you need to know..
-----------
Well, I defer to your superior psychic knowledge.
Seems that Cayce could have used the Omega-3 info, though.
What good is being an alleged psychic if the alleged Spirit withholds important info?

Reese Cup fudge!!!! :mrgreen:

Evening Polgara :2wave:

Good evening to you, my friend! :2wave:

I've missed your posts ..are you really busy these days, making your second million? :mrgreen:

The Reese-type fudge is pretty to look at, as well as delicious! Layer of PB dough, topped by a layer of fudge! :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom