• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Skippy of Jif?

What is your favorite peanut butter?

• Total voters
after over thirty years my wife has finally trained me to return from the grocer with peter pan smooth
personally, other than smooth/crunchy, cannot tell there is a difference between brand flavors

just a necessary component of banana sandwiches ... unless dukes mayonnaise is around as a (preferred) substitute
there IS a flavor difference when it comes to mayonnaise

I buy whichever jar lists nothing in the ingredients but peanuts that are ground down. Sometimes though I'll get the one with salt, most of the time not.

after over thirty years my wife has finally trained me to return from the grocer with peter pan smooth
personally, other than smooth/crunchy, cannot tell there is a difference between brand flavors

Dud e you are soooo ***** whipped!:mrgreen:

just a necessary component of banana sandwiches ... unless dukes mayonnaise is around as a (preferred) substitute
there IS a flavor difference when it comes to mayonnaise

You have a wise wife. :mrgreen:

As for mayo- no doubt. For me, it's Hellmans, and nothing else.

There are very few grocery items that I refuse to go generic on.

Peanut butter isn't one.

Therefore, whatever the cheap store brand is.

Whatever is on sale at the commissary ;)

There are very few grocery items that I refuse to go generic on.

Peanut butter isn't one.

Therefore, whatever the cheap store brand is.

I won't go generic on peanut butter, mayo, or catsup, but on most everything else, I will. My husband liked the cheapo Walmart crunchy peanut butter better than any other brand he tried, so when peanut butter was on the grocery list, I bought two brands- one for him, one for me.

The peanut butter at Aldi is cheap and quite good.

I won't go generic on peanut butter, mayo, or catsup, but on most everything else, I will. My husband liked the cheapo Walmart crunchy peanut butter better than any other brand he tried, so when peanut butter was on the grocery list, I bought two brands- one for him, one for me.

PB and catsup taste the same to me...and I don't like/eat mayo, so I can't comment on that.

Off the top of my head, the only thing I can't eat/drink generic is cola. There's a reason that the formula for Coca-Cola is kept in an Atlanta vault that's almost as secure as Fort Knox.

Crunchy Skippy for the grandchildren, cashew butter for me.

Indeed. I don't know how people can like super chunky / chunky. If I wanted chunks I'd just eat peanuts.

Unless they're eating it right out of the jar, I don't understand it. But, to each his own! I just can't ever spread the damn thing, either.

Indeed. I don't know how people can like super chunky / chunky. If I wanted chunks I'd just eat peanuts.

Whenever I see chunky peanut butter it always makes me think someone was making peanut butter and got tired about 3/4 of the way through and said "**** it, this is good enough". It's kinda like eating lumpy mashed potatoes

The peanut butter at Aldi is cheap and quite good.

Good evening, SMTA. :2wave:

:agree: I bought some the other day for Holiday baking...six jars creamy and six crunchy. Now all I need are the other ingredients! :lamo:

:agree: I bought some the other day for Holiday baking...six jars creamy and six crunchy. Now all I need are the other ingredients! :lamo:

Good evening, my friend. I trust that you are doing well.

And Aldi will have most of your Holiday baking needs covered for less!

Love the store!

Crunchy Skippy for the grandchildren, cashew butter for me.

The cashew butter is excellent, don't you think? Much better than peanut butter IMO. Expensive though! :)

Good evening, my friend. I trust that you are doing well.

And Aldi will have most of your Holiday baking needs covered for less!

Love the store!

Me, too! My mom actually got me shopping there years ago. She was the type of person who could have $100, spend $20, give $20 to charity, save $80, and still have money left over for the rest of the week! She was a legend in our family, and we never did figure out how she did it! I figured shopping at Aldis helped... :thumbs:

The cashew butter is excellent, don't you think? Much better than peanut butter IMO. Expensive though! :)

I love cashews, but have never tried it. I'm going to have to find some.

The poll is showing most people prefer Jif.

Could that be because the use molasses as an ingredient?

----------------
Hey, polgara.
Jeez....that is a LOT of peanut butter!
What the heck do you bake that requires 12 jars of pb?

Back
Top Bottom