• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Skip Bayless leaving ESPN

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A lot of legends leaving ESPN - Bayless, Mike Tirico, Colin Cowherd.

Bayless was a titan at ESPN. They are losing too many big names.

This is vintage Bayless - bold, brash, opinionated. I definitely will be catching him on FSI:

Skip Bayless is an asshole and maybe his absence will make that network worth watching again. Professional contrarians tend to run out of steam once everyone figures out they're full of it.

We have him to thank for people thinking Tim Tebow can play. That alone should have gotten him fired for gross incompetence five years ago.

First Take is an excellent show and I don't see how it could be as good without him. Hopefully Stephen A. will join him eventually. ESPN is getting much too PC imo.

Good for Skip for leaving that POS network.

ESPN seems to be running into plenty of issues lately, causing headaches for their parent company Disney. In the end Skip Bayless leaving ESPN might not be too bad but it is another in a long line of names to walk away for this or that. I would not be surprised to see management / programming changes at ESPN given what all has been going on in the past year or so (including cost negotiations with various TV service providers on cost... like with Comcast and AT&T-Directv.)

Good. That network needs to let go a few more names.

Skip Bayless is an asshole and maybe his absence will make that network worth watching again. Professional contrarians tend to run out of steam once everyone figures out they're full of it.

We have him to thank for people thinking Tim Tebow can play. That alone should have gotten him fired for gross incompetence five years ago.

Skip Bayless leaving ESPN would likely cause them to lose viewers rather than gain.

I 'heard'(not sure if it is true, heard it on the radio) this morning he's going to Fox Sports? For $5-6 mil a year?

If that's true ESPN would be NUTS to match that offer. No way on God's earth is Bayless, or any of those people on ESPN, or any sports network worth that much money.

If Fox Sports is crazy enough to pay him that much? That's their call. I can't imagine Fox's viewership will rise enough to pay for the $5 mil contract.

This is vintage Bayless - bold, brash, opinionated. I definitely will be catching him on FSI:

Not at all surprised you would like him.

He's a lunatic. He has been so wrong so many times. Fake News deserves him.

Skip Bayless leaving ESPN would likely cause them to lose viewers rather than gain.

Depends on what they replace him with.

Oh, and I can't wait until they get rid of Stephen A. Smith too. A low-grade hack who wouldn't have a career if he wasn't the only reporter Allen Iverson would talk to when they were in Philly.

I've met Mike Tirico enough times where I can say I almost know him. I know one reason and one reason only he's leaving, and it rhymes with "money."

Bayless was probably the biggest dip**** on the entire network. Cowherd was fired. I'm a little surprised by Tirico, although that doesn't seem like a massive loss. The reality is that there are millions of people in the world who would love to do these people's jobs for them and would likely do a better job as well. I'm surprised ESPN pays them much of anything.

Do people actually turn on ESPN specifically to listen to any of these people? I kind of liked Cowherd's radio show, but it wasn't something I made an effort to catch.

No....god no. He's the but of so many jokes it's ridiculous. I guarantee you that me and a couple buddies could take over the first take and increase it's ratings by 10% or better within week.

Bayless was probably the biggest dip**** on the entire network. Cowherd was fired. I'm a little surprised by Tirico, although that doesn't seem like a massive loss. The reality is that there are millions of people in the world who would love to do these people's jobs for them and would likely do a better job as well. I'm surprised ESPN pays them much of anything.

Do people actually turn on ESPN specifically to listen to any of these people? I kind of liked Cowherd's radio show, but it wasn't something I made an effort to catch.

Coward was reasonably sharp. Bayless is just a ranting middle-aged white guy. He's Rush without the baby fat.

I often listen to Mike and Mike whenever I drive to work (I usually cycle after March, so I am spared the endless chatter for about three seasons). Those two guys represent what ESPN is today: a politically correct promotion of all the sports they broadcast.

So, you never get hockey talk, and you only get tidbits of the other sports not shown on ESPN. But, man, they will talk your ear off about the NFL and college football or the draft and the NBA. So much so, you always wonder if they will ever shut up and quit going on and on about Gonzaga to talk for a minute or two about the Blackhawks, Penguins or Maple Leafs. Which, of course, they never do.

I often listen to Mike and Mike whenever I drive to work (I usually cycle after March, so I am spared the endless chatter for about three seasons). Those two guys represent what ESPN is today: a politically correct promotion of all the sports they broadcast.

I'm not a morning person so I rarely catch them, but the two hour block leading put to 6 ET Sportcenter is where it's at. When Tony Kornheiser retires I'll start worrying about the future of ESPN, but not much.

I'm from the camp that when I turn on a game, or sports show I don't need to be 'entertained' by the Bayless's, Olbermann's, or Sculley's of the media.

Just announce the game or give me the scores and stories.

But I realize I am a dinosaur.

Yep, I hope Steven A. Smith is the next to go.

Listening to him and I can tell what the A stands for.

The sport journalism's wannabe funeral orator.

His opinion always has to come with a prelude that he believes stirs us to the bone.

Meanwhile, he is only telling us about a dude's injury to his pinkie or something.

he is only telling us about a dude's injury to his pinkie or something.

Yep, that's a perfect description.

He stares at the camera with that serious scowl, that 'He's got something important to tell us' look on his face.

Then he opens his mouth and there's nothing of importance coming out of his mouth. Just dribble.

Any chance of him leaving the planet - and taking Stephen A. Smith with him?

Did you ever see the episode where Richard Sherman tore him to pieces? Hilarious.

So much so, you always wonder if they will ever shut up and quit going on and on about Gonzaga to talk for a minute or two about the Blackhawks, Penguins or Maple Leafs. Which, of course, they never do.

Maybe I should listen to them more. Not enough people talk about my alma matter compared to the Kansas's and UNC's of the world.

Did you ever see the episode where Richard Sherman tore him to pieces? Hilarious.

It was really more pathetic of a diva athlete that was so sensitive that he felt the need to personally attack someone on live tv.

Skip Bayless attacks several athletes like Lebron James. He never appears on that show. Sherman was such a baby he felt the need to personally berate another on air on a family tv show.

Back
Top Bottom