• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Skank Ann Coulter booed and jeered during hate-speech

KidRocks

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Ann Coulter deals in lies, innuendos, misinformation and gossip and the Skank got what she deserved. Bravo to UConn students!

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/08/coulter.row.ap/index.html

STORRS, Connecticut (AP) -- Conservative columnist Ann Coulter cut short a speech at the University of Connecticut amid boos and jeers, and decided to hold a question-and-answer session instead.

"I love to engage in repartee with people who are stupider than I am," Coulter told the crowd of 2,600 Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
[MOD MODE]
The title expresses the intended tone.
Off to the Basement where the ambience is more in accord.
[/MOD MODE]

Yeah, so much for the lefts idea of free speech, it's only free when they agree, hypocrites all!:roll:

Yeah, so much for the lefts idea of free speech, it's only free when they agree, hypocrites all!

So you agree with racism and you are a jingoistic xenophobe-bigot like her? I sure don't see eye-to-eye with 99% of the stuff Coulter spouts out.

She can talk all she wants about being patriotic and antiliberal but people like her are part of the reason for our flawed democracy - far-right propaganda lies.

MDSkinsInNC said:
So you agree with racism and you are a jingoistic xenophobe-bigot like her? I sure don't see eye-to-eye with 99% of the stuff Coulter spouts out.

She can talk all she wants about being patriotic and antiliberal but people like her are part of the reason for our flawed democracy - far-right propaganda lies.

I never said I agree with her, but they allow people like Churchill to teach there, but Ann can't even speak, it's hypocritcal, that's the point.

Ann Coulter is a phony. Her outrageous lies are only there to sell her inane books. She exists simply to represent a side where most people end up laughing at her idiocy and buying her book just to laugh at her.

Unfortunently there are people who believe her bull, but that's simply because they have the intelligence of a 3-year old.

Deegan said:
Yeah, so much for the lefts idea of free speech, it's only free when they agree, hypocrites all!:roll:
How was her free speech taken away? Hmmm? Was she arrested for saying what she was saying?

Of course not, you're just trying to fit a talking point that's retarded in the first place into a situation it doesn't fit in. This is the exact same bullshit people started calling when people boycotted the Dixie Chicks album when the blond broad said something about Bush. Everyone started yelling "Her freedom of speech is being violated!", when it wasn't at all, she said something, and people reacted, now unless freedom of speech does not allow reaction, then you'd have a point, but yeah, you don't.

I think it's wrong to say Ann Coulter's neccisarily a skank (wouldn't be suprised, I get that vibe off of her, you know that "Buy me a cookies and cream martini and I'm goin fuuuuuuuuck you" vibe), I think she just says stupid things. I also think she knows she says stupid things, because her education and eloquence leads one to believe she's quite a bit smarter than someone who would say **** as dumb as she says and actually believe it, so I think she's probably just a really smart businesswoman who's making an ass out of the right as a whole for buying her ****.

galenrox said:
How was her free speech taken away? Hmmm? Was she arrested for saying what she was saying?

Of course not, you're just trying to fit a talking point that's retarded in the first place into a situation it doesn't fit in. This is the exact same bullshit people started calling when people boycotted the Dixie Chicks album when the blond broad said something about Bush. Everyone started yelling "Her freedom of speech is being violated!", when it wasn't at all, she said something, and people reacted, now unless freedom of speech does not allow reaction, then you'd have a point, but yeah, you don't.

I think it's wrong to say Ann Coulter's neccisarily a skank (wouldn't be suprised, I get that vibe off of her, you know that "Buy me a cookies and cream martini and I'm goin fuuuuuuuuck you" vibe), I think she just says stupid things. I also think she knows she says stupid things, because her education and eloquence leads one to believe she's quite a bit smarter than someone who would say **** as dumb as she says and actually believe it, so I think she's probably just a really smart businesswoman who's making an ass out of the right as a whole for buying her ****.

She was shouted down until she could not continue her speech, that is how her free speech was interupted. It is well known that you don't go to a speech, if all you are going to do is disrupt it, that's not free speech, it's talking out of turn. This was not their time to talk, so it's irrelevant what their reaction was. They can become popular, and do the things that allow them the pulpit, until then, they need to be quiet, and give the speaker her time. This is a college, thet place where free speech is supposed to be an all important right, they showed their hypocrisy, that is all.

Deegan said:
She was shouted down until she could not continue her speech, that is how her free speech was interupted. It is well known that you don't go to a speech, if all you are going to do is disrupt it, that's not free speech, it's talking out of turn. This was not their time to talk, so it's irrelevant what their reaction was. They can become popular, and do the things that allow them the pulpit, until then, they need to be quiet, and give the speaker her time. This is a college, thet place where free speech is supposed to be an all important right, they showed their hypocrisy, that is all.
No, free speech is a legal term, and people yell and shout all of the time at political speeches. Essentially the argument you're making is that if you're talking, and I tell you to shut up, and you shut up, then your freedom of speech has been violated. She came to speak, and she got booed off the stage, and for some odd reason you're pissed off that a neocon got booed at a college campus in Connecticut (Ray Charles could've seen that coming). When Cold got booed off the stage while opening for Weezer, was their freedom of speech violated? How about whenever Crazy Town got booed off the stage when they were on Ozzfest, was their freedom of speech violated?

galenrox said:
No, free speech is a legal term, and people yell and shout all of the time at political speeches. Essentially the argument you're making is that if you're talking, and I tell you to shut up, and you shut up, then your freedom of speech has been violated. She came to speak, and she got booed off the stage, and for some odd reason you're pissed off that a neocon got booed at a college campus in Connecticut (Ray Charles could've seen that coming). When Cold got booed off the stage while opening for Weezer, was their freedom of speech violated? How about whenever Crazy Town got booed off the stage when they were on Ozzfest, was their freedom of speech violated?

People do a lot of things, but when at a college, you would expect more mature, tolerant people to be there, this is not the case anymore obviously. These are whiney little liberal trash, that do not agree with her, and think they can just shout until she leaves, they were successful. They showed the hypocracy by doing this, not allowing her her right to speak about what she believes, and others there as well. She was invited by the conservatives on that campus, they are allowed their speakers, as well as the left is allowed their bomb throwers. They obviously think she is a threat, or they would have just let her speak, they are scared little brats, who think they are the only ones with the answers, they need to grow the **** up.:roll:

As for your concert analogy, people can be tossed out of that event as well, this disruptions is not acceptable behavior, but I suppose they consider the source at those gatherings.:doh

Galen rules and he is much smarter than me!

Oh sweet Jesus, there goes the neighborhood.:shock: :rofl

Last edited:
Deegan said:
People do a lot of things, but when at a college, you would expect more mature, tolerant people to be there, this is not the case anymore obviously. These are whiney little liberal trash, that do not agree with her, and think they can just shout until she leaves, they were successful. They showed the hypocracy by doing this, not allowing her her right to speak about what she believes, and others there as well. She was invited by the conservatives on that campus, they are allowed their speakers, as well as the left is allowed their bomb throwers. They obviously think she is a threat, or they would have just let her speak, they are scared little brats, who think they are the only ones with the answers, they need to grow the **** up.:roll:

As for your concert analogy, people can be tossed out of that event as well, this disruptions is not acceptable behavior, but I suppose they consider the source at those gatherings.:doh

Why thank you for the last part (sorry, I just got made a mod today, so I can do that now, and it's SO COOL!)

What you're failing to do is make the distinction between violating her freedom of speech and behaving inappropriately at a school function. These are students, they have no police powers, and thus they cannot deprive her of her freedom of speech. I agree that they acted in a way that is inappropriate, but it is in no way hypocritical (except for those wacky liberals who called this same **** when the whole Dixie Chicks thing went down, those people are the definition of hypocritical). I personally think if they wanted to make an ass of her, they could've been more clever about it. For example, last year William Kristol gave a speech at my school for the young republicans, so my buddy snuck in, and at question time he just kept asking questions about the Iran contra (and he damn near got lynched!). But also, if your speaking in front of an audience of mixed political beliefs, and you're saying things that are intended to **** off liberals (and don't you dare claim that that's not what Ann Coulter intends to do, cause I have seen her speak many times and she has NEVER said anything of merit, she is a public figure SOLELY to **** off liberals), you have to expect to get booed. You can't get all pissed off when you know there's a cause and effect relationship, and then you do the cause and the effect happens, that's just ridiculous.

galenrox said:
Why thank you for the last part (sorry, I just got made a mod today, so I can do that now, and it's SO COOL!)

What you're failing to do is make the distinction between violating her freedom of speech and behaving inappropriately at a school function. These are students, they have no police powers, and thus they cannot deprive her of her freedom of speech. I agree that they acted in a way that is inappropriate, but it is in no way hypocritical (except for those wacky liberals who called this same **** when the whole Dixie Chicks thing went down, those people are the definition of hypocritical). I personally think if they wanted to make an ass of her, they could've been more clever about it. For example, last year William Kristol gave a speech at my school for the young republicans, so my buddy snuck in, and at question time he just kept asking questions about the Iran contra (and he damn near got lynched!). But also, if your speaking in front of an audience of mixed political beliefs, and you're saying things that are intended to **** off liberals (and don't you dare claim that that's not what Ann Coulter intends to do, cause I have seen her speak many times and she has NEVER said anything of merit, she is a public figure SOLELY to **** off liberals), you have to expect to get booed. You can't get all pissed off when you know there's a cause and effect relationship, and then you do the cause and the effect happens, that's just ridiculous.

Of course she wants to infuriate liberals, but why would liberals attend?, so they can disrupt her speech, nothing more. I know that it is not free speech as in legal terms, but it is supposed to be something that mature, tolerant, liberals all claim to respect, they are stomping on their own principles. There is nothing that Ann is saying, that thousands of other speakers have said, those on the left are treated with respect, and allowed their time, those on the right, get a pie thrown in their face, and are intimidated on a college campus for cris sake. Is this downtown Harlem, or is this a place of higher learning, it's just disgusting.

Deegan said:
Of course she wants to infuriate liberals, but why would liberals attend?, so they can disrupt her speech, nothing more. I know that it is not free speech as in legal terms, but it is supposed to be something that mature, tolerant, liberals all claim to respect, they are stomping on their own principles. There is nothing that Ann is saying, that thousands of other speakers have said, those on the left are treated with respect, and allowed their time, those on the right, get a pie thrown in their face, and are intimidated on a college campus for cris sake. Is this downtown Harlem, or is this a place of higher learning, it's just disgusting.
If college campuses were as conservative as they are currently liberal, there would be just as much booing for liberal speakers. This isn't a liberals v. conservatives type thing, this is a somewhat informed 20 year old activist type of thing.
Yes, a lot of liberals claim to be tolerant and call for tolerance when they in fact are not tolerant, I've called Sissy Boy out on this quite a few times. But claiming this is a matter of freedom of speech is just blowing it out of proportion for the sake of a reaction. This isn't a freedom of speech issue, it's some kids who are too immature to realize the hypocricy of being intolerant of the intolerant.

galenrox said:
If college campuses were as conservative as they are currently liberal, there would be just as much booing for liberal speakers. This isn't a liberals v. conservatives type thing, this is a somewhat informed 20 year old activist type of thing.
Yes, a lot of liberals claim to be tolerant and call for tolerance when they in fact are not tolerant, I've called Sissy Boy out on this quite a few times. But claiming this is a matter of freedom of speech is just blowing it out of proportion for the sake of a reaction. This isn't a freedom of speech issue, it's some kids who are too immature to realize the hypocricy of being intolerant of the intolerant.

So we agree then, this is all I was trying to convey.;)

Deegan said:
So we agree then, this is all I was trying to convey.;)
indeed, but don't call it a violation of her freedom of speech dude, you're too smart for that.

galenrox said:
indeed, but don't call it a violation of her freedom of speech dude, you're too smart for that.

I was merely making a point, not a constitutional argument.;)

Last edited:
Deegan said:
I was merely making a point, not a constituional argument.;)
shut up, you know full well what you were doing!:cool:

galenrox said:
shut up, you know full well what you were doing!:cool:

Was not, infinity, I win.:lol:

Deegan said:

Oh sweet Jesus, there goes the neighborhood.:shock: :rofl

Wow! You are out of touch. Maturity at a college campus? You should have a show on Comedy Central. Your bias-laden post is laughable. You can use 20 adjectives to describe a liberal but that doesn't make it true. Nobody stopped her from speaking. She just couldn't be heard. This isn't the first time this has happened to her. Unpopular speech doesn't have to be listened to. Such as the Dixie Bimbos fiasco (what were they thinking?), people didn't have to listen. You seem to love the ad hominem attack like Coulter. "Consider the source" is just code for cognitive dissonance. You have that right. Just don't pretend to be objective. You can lie to me, just don't lie to yourself.

Deegan said:
Was not, infinity, I win.:lol:
Oh yeah, well was too, infinity plus whatever you say, I win BITCH!!!:mrgreen:

independent_thinker2002 said:
Wow! You are out of touch. Maturity at a college campus? You should have a show on Comedy Central. Your bias-laden post is laughable. You can use 20 adjectives to describe a liberal but that doesn't make it true. Nobody stopped her from speaking. She just couldn't be heard. This isn't the first time this has happened to her. Unpopular speech doesn't have to be listened to. Such as the Dixie Bimbos fiasco (what were they thinking?), people didn't have to listen. You seem to love the ad hominem attack like Coulter. "Consider the source" is just code for cognitive dissonance. You have that right. Just don't pretend to be objective. You can lie to me, just don't lie to yourself.

"Nobody stopped her from speaking. She just couldn't be heard.":rofl

Is that your example of being "objective", or were you just trying to make me smile?:lol:

The conservatives paid to hear her speak, liberal children tried their very best to ruin it for those who were interested, and the school allowed it to happen. Is this fair? Do the conservatives go and shout down Cindy Sheehan? No, they allow the liberals to have their guest speakers, and they should be allowed theirs, it's really very simple. Liberals of old, like when I was in college, they respected speech, and may have picketed a speaker, but never disrupted their speech to this point. They are hypocrites, they claim folks like Churchill have the right to spew his venom, but Ann is somehow different, and must be silenced at all costs. I am being objective, I feel all voices should be heard, and people should not feel threatened on our college campuses, no matter who they are.

Last edited:
Deegan said:

Is that your example of being "objective", or were you just trying to make me smile?:lol:

The conservatives paid to hear her speak, liberal children tried their very best to ruin it for those who were interested, and the school allowed it to happen. Is this fair? Do the conservatives go and shout down Cindy Sheehan? No, they allow the liberals to have their guest speakers, and they should be allowed theirs, it's really very simple. Liberals of old, like when I was in college, they respected speech, and may picketed a speaker, but never disrupted their speech to this point. They are hypocrites, they claim folks like Churchill have the right to spew his venom, but Ann is somehow different, and must be silenced at all costs. I am being objective, I feel all voices should be heard, and people should not feel threatened on our college campuses, no matter who they are.

There you go again. Now I hate Churchill easily as much as you do (considering that I also hate what he said, and I also have a severe hatred of professors who think that their job is to sit around and be smart while your lackeys lick your asshole), but it's not the same thing. And I'll bet you if you plopped Churchill in front of a couple hundred conservatives, and he started to speak he'd've been booed off the stage within seconds, and I'll also bet you wouldn't be posting on a thread complaining about the students' conduct.

Deegan said:

The conservatives paid to hear her speak, liberal children tried their very best to ruin it for those who were interested, and the school allowed it to happen. Is this fair? Do the conservatives go and shout down Cindy Sheehan? No, they allow the liberals to have their guest speakers, and they should be allowed theirs, it's really very simple. Liberals of old, like when I was in college, they respected speech, and may picketed a speaker, but never disrupted their speech to this point. They are hypocrites, they claim folks like Churchill have the right to spew his venom, but Ann is somehow different, and must be silenced at all costs. I am being objective, I feel all voices should be heard, and people should not feel threatened on our college campuses, no matter who they are.

Yes, I was trying to be funny. I do find it funny that you realize Churchill is on the same level with Coulter. Neither has much to say outside of inflamatory speech. Yes the college should have handled the situation better. Perhaps the numbers of booing kids were too many to throw out. I liken it to "Hash Wendesdays" on college campusses where there are too many kids smoking pot to arrest them all. It doesn't break my heart when venomous people are booed off the stage.

galenrox said:
There you go again. Now I hate Churchill easily as much as you do (considering that I also hate what he said, and I also have a severe hatred of professors who think that their job is to sit around and be smart while your lackeys lick your asshole), but it's not the same thing. And I'll bet you if you plopped Churchill in front of a couple hundred conservatives, and he started to speak he'd've been booed off the stage within seconds, and I'll also bet you wouldn't be posting on a thread complaining about the students' conduct.

I would indeed, as it is his right to say what he wants, as long as no laws are broken. I would expect conservatives would not waste their time with a Churchill speech. If they picket him outside, fine, that is responsible, and a good way to voice your opinion, but you don't shout people down that others are there to hear, no matter who it is.

independent_thinker2002 said:
Yes, I was trying to be funny. I do find it funny that you realize Churchill is on the same level with Coulter. Neither has much to say outside of inflamatory speech. Yes the college should have handled the situation better. Perhaps the numbers of booing kids were too many to throw out. I liken it to "Hash Wendesdays" on college campusses where there are too many kids smoking pot to arrest them all. It doesn't break my heart when venomous people are booed off the stage.

I just see such a difference when a conservative is speaking, and when a liberal is speaking, this seems hypocritcal to me. I guess I just expect more from college educated young people, it just seems that the liberals have long taken the control of what is heard on campus, and I don't like it. Ann is a bomb thrower, and a real bitch, I can see why they hate her so, but they are making her point for her, and that should bother them as well.

Back
Top Bottom