• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Six-year-old gets TSA patdown

Out of control, PC government is awesome...I say...awesome!

It’s come to this: Six-year-old gets TSA patdown « Hot Air

They patted down my three and four year-olds a few years ago... this ridiculous and stupid policy has been in effect for years. Of course, you can't say anything because they might get suspicious and pull you out of line and make you miss your flight. Anybody that questions policy is a suspect. My younger daughter was really pretty scared even though we made it silly as we could. The lady was nice and apologized.

EDIT: Just watched the video and our pat down was nothing like this one. Much quicker and holy crap is the lady in this video overdoing it. The girl obviously has nothing under her shirt but her little tummy and the lady is running her hands all over her ****ing body... jeez. What a crock of ****. These policies just piss me off. Waste of time. Waste of money. Targeting the wrong people. There should be profiling. Why did mom 64 year old out of shape white mom get frisked? Idiotic morons "protecting" our country. Dickheads...

Last edited:
german-army.jpg

1570b24c403613cc0e538c540f125f32.jpg

Two completely different conflicts.

How so? Explain it in tactical terms, please.

Looks like two different pictures of infantry soldiers, to me. Care to explain the tactical differences?

Last edited:
Yeah, Intermediate and introduction international relations theory it's only 200 and 300 something level but it blows everything youre saying right out of the water.

Well hell, by all means, post it and educate me. or, are insults the only response that you really have?

As proof of...something? No, not really, because it doesn't prove anything.

The fact that every empire in history has over extended itself and collapsed means nothing over the span of all time...

Yet you referring to a narrow historical context that the way an old war was fought will serve us well in a modern one? You going to mount cavalry and lob their heads off?

The fact that every empire in history has over extended itself and collapsed means nothing over the span of all time...

Yet you referring to a narrow historical context that the way an old war was fought will serve us well in a modern one? You going to mount cavalry and lob their heads off?

You really don't have a clue, do you?

Believe it, or not, the basic tactical objectives of warfare have been the same since the first war was fought.

Well hell, by all means, post it and educate me. or, are insults the only response that you really have?

I did.

Asymmetric War
Guerilla War

That covers the basics, wiki it.

One German troop is at sling arms when he should be a port arms.

Looks as if the soldier behind him is also carrying like that.

Believe it, or not, the basic tactical objectives of warfare have been the same since the first war was fought.

So the progression from genocide to colonisation, imperialism, mercantilism... mean nothing?
The objectives are very different, if our objectives in WWII were the same as they were before the middle ages we'd have possibly genocidally eliminated all of Germany.
Also war objectives are different in the context of the individual war, why you would apply the same tactics to the indians as you would the british is just retardostupificated. I don't mean insult, but you really are impossible.

How so? Explain it in tactical terms, please.

Looks like two different pictures of infantry soldiers, to me. Care to explain the tactical differences?

Shouldn't the clear differences between the two enemies be enough to tell you that you can't fight them the same way?

Two completely different conflicts.

Not really... we want to eradicate our enemy and overwhelming and unmerciful force is the best way to do that.

Shouldn't the clear differences between the two enemies be enough to tell you that you can't fight them the same way?

You are saying that because they are of different nationalities and wearing different clothes, they require different tactics?

Not really... we want to eradicate our enemy and overwhelming and unmerciful force is the best way to do that.

The political backlash would be enormous... How are we going to eradicate all of them anyway? Are we just going to commit genocide on entire peoples now? The repercussions of such an action could be more dangerous than the terrorists you're trying to eliminate.

The political backlash would be enormous... How are we going to eradicate all of them anyway? Are we just going to commit genocide on entire peoples now? The repercussions of such an action could be more dangerous than the terrorists you're trying to eliminate.

Politics... yep. Lost us the Vietnam War and will probably make us lose this one and every one on the future as well. If we could eradicate all of the Nazis and Japanese fighters and set up Democratic institutions that absolutely flourish to this day, then we could do it there. Only the will is lacking... yours and many others, it would seem.

Out of control, PC government is awesome...I say...awesome!

It’s come to this: Six-year-old gets TSA patdown « Hot Air

I am not an alarmist or fearful person. I have no problems traveling in rural or urban America or internationally and in third world countries.

Come on ... it is a choice to fly or not fly. Security measures are necessary with that unique mode of travel for safety. Trust me ... I am defintely not one to trade ultimate security for personal freedom yet on this one issue ... Hands down aviation is safe both technically and they are doing their best to prevent acts of terrorism.

Hysterical people that actually believe the TSA gets some pleasure from pat downs or it is a sexual proclivity of the agent ...well you need to get over yourself!

You explain to your cognitively aware children the reason ... and there is no harm. Your alarmist response will cause more harm.

I do believe security provided by TSA prevents acts of violence and hijacking in the air where the group is subjected.

I appreciate the hard work of TSA and the air marshals. Once on the ground ... I will roam freely in a foreign country without fear.

Come on people ... those whining the loudest would also be finger pointing if crimes occurred inflight or worse ... hi jacking or a nosedive ... or explosion.

I fly often ... I was just through LAX and they worked to make a smooth yet safe process for travelers. I flown into the mideast, Asia, Central America, Western and Northern Europe. Everyone is cool except for a few who think the TSA actually wants to grope. Get over yourself!

Terrorists are not beneath using a child or grannie so everyone will go through security.

It is a choice and privilege to fly ... if you do not like it ...use other transportation!

Last edited:
They patted down my three and four year-olds a few years ago... this ridiculous and stupid policy has been in effect for years. Of course, you can't say anything because they might get suspicious and pull you out of line and make you miss your flight. Anybody that questions policy is a suspect. My younger daughter was really pretty scared even though we made it silly as we could. The lady was nice and apologized.

EDIT: Just watched the video and our pat down was nothing like this one. Much quicker and holy crap is the lady in this video overdoing it. The girl obviously has nothing under her shirt but her little tummy and the lady is running her hands all over her ****ing body... jeez. What a crock of ****. These policies just piss me off. Waste of time. Waste of money. Targeting the wrong people. There should be profiling. Why did mom 64 year old out of shape white mom get frisked? Idiotic morons "protecting" our country. Dickheads...

We teach children not to allow strangers or even family and loved ones to touch them but guess it is all ok if it is the TSA:roll:

Honestly what message is this sending to the little children? It is ok if strangers touch you sometimes and if you are in an airport. Sends shivers down my spine at the thought of some creep working for TSA all cause they get to pat down little kids. :shock:

Politics... yep. Lost us the Vietnam War and will probably make us lose this one and every one on the future as well. If we could eradicate all of the Nazis and Japanese fighters and set up Democratic institutions that absolutely flourish to this day, then we could do it there. Only the will is lacking... yours and many others, it would seem.

:doh

Not you too. We can't even social engineer at home in the USA but its okayto inflict it on other nations. To conquer these nations, notice they arent attakcing us in the case of vietnam but we are attacking them, would take complete conversion to a total war society which is not acceptable.

If we could eradicate all of the Nazis and Japanese fighters and set up Democratic institutions that absolutely flourish to this day

Germany already was a democracy, and had effective social and economical institutions.

then we could do it there

****, no we can't, Afghanistan is not Nazi Germany. The crack is strong in you all.

Only the will is lacking... yours and many others, it would seem.

Yes, well if you think will is going to make you able to knock down a cement wall with your face go ahead.

Not you too. We can't even social engineer at home in the USA but its okayto inflict it on other nations. To conquer these nations, notice they arent attakcing us in the case of vietnam but we are attacking them, would take complete conversion to a total war society which is not acceptable.

Look, you are going to have to focus and not just react. I am not talking about the justness of the wars, just the ability to win. I am not saying that our infrastructure is rated with a D- nation wide, just that if we had the political motivation, we could do it now as we did it before. That's it. Explain why we could not do it again and you have something...

Germany already was a democracy, and had effective social and economical institutions.

Yeah... not really. I assume you mean prior to WWI? Obviously the Nazi's were not democratic and the Weimar Republic was a joke. It was more a smoke screen than anything. The power lied directly with the Kaiser and Chancellor.

****, no we can't, Afghanistan is not Nazi Germany. The crack is strong in you all.

Nice argument...

Yes, well if you think will is going to make you able to knock down a cement wall with your face go ahead.

A truly amazing counter argument... you simply dazzle.

I am not talking about the justness of the wars, just the ability to win.

In an unconventional war the ability to win could only be garnered by severe inhumane oppression a la commie-fascism.

That's it. Explain why we could not do it again and you have something...

Because it's not a conventional war. Hello? There is no doing again something which is now different. It's not Nazi Germany.

Sorry for being absurd throughout this, but really, I could issue an automated response repeating a few points people don't seem to be able to get over or get around.

A truly amazing counter argument... you simply dazzle.

Why thank you, I certainly feel sparkly today. :)

Back
Top Bottom