• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Six-year-old gets TSA patdown

The TSA..Homeboy security a useless and expensive federal entity that should be defunded, disband, shutdown etc etc... not to mention the unqualified hacks(not all ) that work in this dept.

There is a risk of them being used as drug or bomb mules. The righteous path is much harder for any nation to walk, I would rather we weren't in this mess already.

There is a risk of them being used as drug or bomb mules. The righteous path is much harder for any nation to walk, I would rather we weren't in this mess already.

If we responded with more violence toward the terrorists, we wouldn't have to spend so much time body searching 6 y/o's.

This is the result of government giving more power to its armed thugs due to fear. The TSA should've been dismantled a long time ago, alongside removing all government subsidiaries of airports so they (the airports) can be in charge of their own security. Welcome to the National Security State

You dont seem to understand that responding with more violence towards terrorists produces more sympathy for them, the collateral damage incurred, etc.

Guerrilla Warfare
Asymmetric War

C'mon man, you HAVE to get this by now. A war that would effectively eliminate all terrorists on the planet would produce such a political backlash it'd start a civil war here.

If we responded with more violence toward the terrorists, we wouldn't have to spend so much time body searching 6 y/o's.

Have you been living under a ****ing rock for the last 10 years?

My god man.

"more violence"

You've invaded 2 ****ing countries, spent over a trillion dollars trying to get them all. What more do you ****ing want?

You dont seem to understand that responding with more violence towards terrorists produces more sympathy for them, the collateral damage incurred, etc.

Guerrilla Warfare
Asymmetric War

C'mon man, you HAVE to get this by now. A war that would effectively eliminate all terrorists on the planet would produce such a political backlash it'd start a civil war here.

Yeah...yeah...yeah...I've heard that talking point so much that it's not even funny, anymore.

Have you been living under a ****ing rock for the last 10 years?

My god man.

"more violence"

You've invaded 2 ****ing countries, spent over a trillion dollars trying to get them all. What more do you ****ing want?

How many Japanese and German terrorists were operating post-WW2?

Different cultures, very different wars. If germany were some psuedocolony of some superchina of a bizarroworld past youd bet thered be terrorists.

Different cultures, very different wars. If germany were some psuedocolony of some superchina of a bizarroworld past youd bet thered be terrorists.

And, a very different method in which we approached our enemy. During WW2 we completely broke their will to fight back, which is what we should have done immediately after 9/11.

And again to your "this is how we did things in WW2" bull****.

You wanna discuss Ww2 go to the history section, your war against terror is a entirely different kind of conflict...

The entire might of the soviet union with no regards for human life couldn't even achieve victory in afghanistan...

So tell me oh wise master of the universe, how would you win the war in Afghanistan?

And if you say "by destroying the enemy" your even more clueless on warfare then i though... Just because you were in the forces does not make YOU an expert on warfare... Sorry.

And again to your "this is how we did things in WW2" bull****.

You wanna discuss Ww2 go to the history section, your war against terror is a entirely different kind of conflict...

The entire might of the soviet union with no regards for human life couldn't even achieve victory in afghanistan...

So tell me oh wise master of the universe, how would you win the war in Afghanistan?

And if you say "by destroying the enemy" your even more clueless on warfare then i though... Just because you were in the forces does not make YOU an expert on warfare... Sorry.

I've given you an historical example of how to actually defeat the enemy. It's not my fault that you just don't get it.

And, a very different method in which we approached our enemy. During WW2 we completely broke their will to fight back, which is what we should have done immediately after 9/11.

False, we approached our enemy by tactically exhausting their resources, we didnt punish their people till they had no will to fight. We were also of a similar root culture to them. This enemy is from faaaaaar away and believe very different things, not only this they do not have factories or tanks or bombers or logistics trails to cut and do not have a government to concede to terms. The solution is cultural, not tactical.

I love how conservatives act like this is somehow liberals' fault. Like its us who wanted draconian security protocols post-9/11.

I've given you an historical example of how to actually defeat the enemy. It's not my fault that you just don't get it.

Defeating the enemy involved no regards for human life?

But it did not ****ing work...

Didn't work for the British, didn't work for the soviets...

How would you win the war in afghanistan?

No you haven't. "Do it like in WWII!" is not a historical example of how to defeat an enemy. It's a way to die in the desert.

No you haven't. "Do it like in WWII!" is not a historical example of how to defeat an enemy. It's a way to die in the desert.

It's what he defaults to every time he's questioned on specifics about the war in Afghanistan...

Defeating the enemy involved no regards for human life?

But it did not ****ing work...

Didn't work for the British, didn't work for the soviets...

How would you win the war in afghanistan?

It didn't work for the Soviets--in Afghanistan--because of U.S. intervention involving high-tech weapons systems, modern anti-armor tactics and the failure on the Soviets's part to adapt their tactics to the terrain in which they found themselves deployed.

But, hey, by all means, educate me. If it's not too much trouble, please post something to support your POV, other than Libbo talking points about winning hearts and minds. As always, thanks in advance. I await your posts with bated breath.

You have an expert opinion to refer to, to support that. Right?

It didn't work for the Soviets--in Afghanistan--because of U.S. intervention involving high-tech weapons systems, modern anti-armor tactics and the failure on the Soviets's part to adapt their tactics to the terrain in which they found themselves deployed.

But, hey, by all means, educate me. If it's not too much trouble, please post something to support your POV, other than Libbo talking points about winning hearts and minds. As always, thanks in advance. I await your posts with bated breath.

Emperial over-extension mean anything to you?

german-army.jpg

1570b24c403613cc0e538c540f125f32.jpg

Two completely different conflicts.

You have an expert opinion to refer to, to support that. Right?

Yeah, Intermediate and introduction international relations theory it's only 200 and 300 something level but it blows everything youre saying right out of the water.

Back
Top Bottom