• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Six Trillion isn't enough

Mycroft

Genius is where you find it.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Getting set up for another convenient crisis...and getting ready to put the country into even MORE debt.

If president = Democrat
then Conservatives shamelessly, once again complain about the debt

else If president = Republican
then Conservatives silent on debt

Last edited:
If president = Democrat

Good job...missing my point.

Getting set up for another convenient crisis...and getting ready to put the country into even MORE debt.

Not saying it is OK but seriously, which president hasn't done that?

Also where did you get the $6 Trillion figure, since in that clip Psaki never mentioned any dollar amount?

More vaccines you say? It's like with income taxes, once they they get their government hands on you they're never letting go. Welcome to the 21st century.

More vaccines you say? It's like with income taxes, once they they get their government hands on you they're never letting go. Welcome to the 21st century.
How many vaccines have they with their government hands have they forced on you?

Not saying it is OK but seriously, which president hasn't done that?
Doesn't matter. We are talking about THIS one.

Also where did you get the $6 Trillion figure, since in that clip Psaki never mentioned any dollar amount?
That's how much we've already spent.

Doesn't matter. We are talking about THIS one.
Precedent matters! So again I ask, which president has left office with less National debt than when they took office?
That's how much we've already spent.
Oh?

Got a break down on that?

The figure I keep seeing reported for how much Operation Warp Speed and Vaccine distribution has cost is $18 Billion?

Precedent matters! So again I ask, which president has left office with less National debt than when they took office?
Precedent does NOT matter.

Oh?

Got a break down on that?

The figure I keep seeing reported for how much Operation Warp Speed and Vaccine distribution has cost is $18 Billion?
Actually, six trillion is an understatement.

Sure it does. It always does! Why not just answer the question and we can move on from that point?

We aren't talking about that spending except for the mount of that which was earmarked specifically for development and distribution of the vaccines.

Press Secretary Jen Psaki was not talking about anything beyond financing an additional variant specific vaccine.

Now I agree with Mitt and others that we need, in essence, the detailed receipts of how and where and how much our government has spent on all the total COVID spending from vaccine costs to relief costs to every item of spending.

I agree with that.

But by no means has $6 Trillion been spent on vaccine development or purchasing or distribution.

If president = Democrat

Regrettably, you are 100% correct. We need a party that is committed to getting federal spending under control.

Here's a thought. Maybe find federal spending that is no longer delivering value, cut it, and use the new found budget for fourth dose expenses. This is the sort of thing businesses (and even individuals) do all the time when they have financial surprises. It's called ... get ready for it ... living within one's means by showing a little financial discipline.

I'd suspect the funding for a fourth round would be fairly minimal in cost..

Given that there's at least reasonable substantive debate as to whether this will save lives or assist in beating back the pandemic, I don't think a small insurance policy would be out-of-line for those that may need it or desire it.

As for me, barring the emergence of a highly contagious more deadly variant, I'm thinking this stuff should probably start getting handled similar to the regular flu, where private enterprise makes annual vaccines available to those that desire them.

Whatever the figure is, I can't help but think it wouldn't have been anywhere nearly as high if we had an actual public healthcare infrastructure in place and ready to respond to crises like this.

"minimal"

Well, compared to the trillions already spent, some number of billions would be considered minimal. But billions are still a lot of money.

Given that there's at least reasonable substantive debate as to whether this will save lives or assist in beating back the pandemic, I don't think a small insurance policy would be out-of-line for those that may need it or desire it.
Are you suggesting means testing to see who gets a piece of the pie? I don't think that will go over too well.

As for me, barring the emergence of a highly contagious more deadly variant, I'm thinking this stuff should probably start getting handled similar to the regular flu, where private enterprise makes annual vaccines available to those that desire them.
I agree.

I don't think we need government involvement anymore. Of course, those connected to the government have a different opinion. Probably because THEY want their piece of the pie.

Yes, how dare the government talk about being prepared for another wave of a pandemic that's so far killed millions of people.
Much better to just act like it never happened and make sure we learn as little as possible.

That's an amazing plan.

Here's a thought. Maybe find federal spending that is no longer delivering value, cut it, and use the new found budget for fourth dose expenses. This is the sort of thing businesses (and even individuals) do all the time when they have financial surprises. It's called ... get ready for it ... living within one's means by showing a little financial discipline.
It is always illustrative when someone trying to pass himself off as a macroeconomic expert.....tries to compare household finances to...... US federal spending.

Protip: Sovereign countries with THE reserve currency don't need to act like a home.
Federal bond rates should tell you that.

"minimal"

Well, compared to the trillions already spent, some number of billions would be considered minimal. But billions are still a lot of money.

It's still minimal.

Are you suggesting means testing to see who gets a piece of the pie? I don't think that will go over too well.

No. Not at all. Never. I'm vehemently against means-testing of literally anything. I abhor the concept.

I agree.

I don't think we need government involvement anymore. Of course, those connected to the government have a different opinion. Probably because THEY want their piece of the pie.

Thanks.

Yeah, I'd like to see government stepping back, as long as things remain the way they're going.

Until every medically eligible American citizen is fully vaccinated (including boosters), herd immunity will not happen. Natural immunity is a myth. If it existed, nobody would ever need vaccines. That is why my "user title" line is "Get a vaccine, not COVID-19!"

If president = Democrat

If Political leaning =slightly liberal{
post = garbage}

If president = Democrat

No!
Remember Bush wanted to do TARP, but Ron Paul and the Conservative voters fought it! Bush never did TARP, Obama did...
Syntax error...

If "You have a Brain" = You care about the Debt!
else "if Brain damaged" = You don't care about debt...

Attachments

• TS_PopGrwth.jpg
    TS_PopGrwth.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 2
  • TS_we-have-demonized-those-who-produce-thomas-sowell.jpg
    TS_we-have-demonized-those-who-produce-thomas-sowell.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 2
Until every medically eligible American citizen is fully vaccinated (including boosters), herd immunity will not happen. Natural immunity is a myth. If it existed, nobody would ever need vaccines. That is why my "user title" line is "Get a vaccine, not COVID-19!"
Are you serious???................ Please say this is sarcasm!

Do you even know what a "VACCINE" is ?
Do you know that Covid has a 98% survival rate?
That the average age of Covid victims is 75year old?

So you believe that the thousands of years before vaccines existed that "Natural immunity is a myth" .....

You have the worse case of Gaslighting I've ever seen (so far anyways)!

Attachments

• IMG_20211013_101036_01.jpg
    IMG_20211013_101036_01.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 0

Based on what we already know, maybe $2B to $5B for a federally funded 4th dose.

Based on what we already know, maybe $2B to $5B for a federally funded 4th dose.

A 'drop in the bucket', really.

But I do believe we need to be moving towards a more normalized infrastructure, such as we have now for influenza. But that's predicated upon the variants remaining relatively mild.

Back
Top Bottom