• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Six more policemen charged in Katrina killings

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
U.S. prosecutors unsealed a 27-count indictment that charged three current officers and one former officer with the killing, and subsequent coverup, of James Brissette, a 17-year-old city resident, and Ronald Madison, a 40-year-old man who suffered disabilities and was shot in the back.

About damm time! "To serve and protect" What a bull**** slogan.

The officers were armed with two AK-47 assault rifles, a shotgun and a M-4-type assault rifle, among other weapons, during two incidents that occurred within minutes of each other on the Danziger Bridge a few days after Katrina hit the city.

What the **** are cops doing with military grade hardware??!!! Especially since us lowly serfs have to go through a bull**** runaround to get a basic hand gun.

Six more policemen charged in Katrina killings | Reuters

What a sad story. It's a shame it took five years; but better late than never.

If I understood the story, these policemen were responding to shots fired. It will be interesting to see the story unfold. It's hard to beieve it was cold-blooded murder. Those were extraordinary times.

"Some of them who were forces. Are the same that bore crosses."

Parade again!

About damm time! "To serve and protect" What a bull**** slogan.

What the **** are cops doing with military grade hardware??!!! Especially since us lowly serfs have to go through a bull**** runaround to get a basic hand gun.

Six more policemen charged in Katrina killings | Reuters

Would you want policemen to be less well armed than an average drug dealer? So six cops killed two citizens? I'll tell you, New Orleans has had one of the most corrupt police forces in the country for a long time.

I'll tell you, New Orleans has had one of the most corrupt police forces in the country for a long time.
They generally did always did have a bad reputation. Chicago cops - not really corrupt but they'll kick your ass in a heartbeat.

I was wondering why someone kept yelling, "Help us"!

If you give 100 men a gun and little oversight during a ****storm and eventually you will find an evil man willing to wait till noone is looking and murder JUST FOR FUNS SAKE. And if not 100 then a thousand. And if not 1k then eventually time will take care of it'll happen next time. Now if cops had polocies in place that protect the needful from the cops themselves it would be less bad. Like guns that took pictures as they shot (although subverted by collecting unregistered firearms from criminals) and helmet cams that must be worn (and if a security enforcer is caught or proven to have been 'on the job' without said helmet cam they lose all protections against prosecution.) Uhhh.. I don't really know the point of this ramble anymore. So ima just hit post.

If you give 100 men a gun and little oversight during a ****storm and eventually you will find an evil man willing to wait till noone is looking and murder JUST FOR FUNS SAKE. And if not 100 then a thousand. And if not 1k then eventually time will take care of it'll happen next time. Now if cops had polocies in place that protect the needful from the cops themselves it would be less bad. Like guns that took pictures as they shot (although subverted by collecting unregistered firearms from criminals) and helmet cams that must be worn (and if a security enforcer is caught or proven to have been 'on the job' without said helmet cam they lose all protections against prosecution.) Uhhh.. I don't really know the point of this ramble anymore. So ima just hit post.

Who's going to be in charge of watching the watchers? Other watchers?

Obama's private army.

That would suck. Hopefully it would be more autonomous than not. With sophisticated programing and newage electronic intergration and such. And leave it to the inquisitive will of the public. Have all autonomous data sent to one hub and the public has internet access to each and every cops work day. For those with power I think greater safety nets are needed. For those given the power to easily null anothers rites then greater layers of safety are needed. One volenteering to use force for pay should have their privacy restricted on the job because they put themselves into a position of greater authority by chosing that job. Cops have means to take away from your time via taking away your money. Why not make sure they have tons of checks and balances?

Last edited:
That would suck. Hopefully it would be more autonomous than not. With sophisticated programing and newage electronic intergration and such. And leave it to the inquisitive will of the public. Have all autonomous data sent to one hub and the public has internet access to each and every cops work day.

So wouldbe cop killers can more easily track their targets and criminals would know exactly where not to go?

I'm not seeing that as being a good idea. Sorry.

So wouldbe cop killers can more easily track their targets and criminals would know exactly where not to go?

I'm not seeing that as being a good idea. Sorry.

I think catching those abusing public endowed authority trumps public enemies going agaist those that agree to get into bullet paths for a paycheck.

I think catching those abusing public endowed authority trumps public enemies going agaist those that agree to get into bullet paths for a paycheck.

There aren't enough bad cops in this country to jeopardize their personal security and hinder their ability to patrol the communities.

Who's going to be in charge of watching the watchers? Other watchers?

another reason why citizens ought to be armed

Would you want policemen to be less well armed than an average drug dealer? So six cops killed two citizens? I'll tell you, New Orleans has had one of the most corrupt police forces in the country for a long time.

If drug dealers are one of the major concerns then its time to rethink the drug war and I think LA, NYC and Chicago Police Departments beat New Orleans in corruption by far.

Back
Top Bottom