• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Six Diseases Return To US as Migration Advocates Celebrate ‘World Refugee Day’

Maybe if folks wouldn't keep their kids from getting vaccinations...

Or maybe we should not take in sick people who we have to pay to treat....Just an idea.

What nation imports poverty and sickness?

I guess you didn't see the part where these are immigrants bringing these diseases in.
it use to be they were screened out and would not be permitted but then they shuttered ellis island.

this should still be the case. to many bleeding hearts in this country.

Or maybe we should not take in sick people who we have to pay to treat....Just an idea.

All western nations. We've "imported" poverty stricken and even some that were sick from Communist Cuba and other oppressive areas of the world since we were born as a nation. We give people medical examinations and quarantine those that are sick while treating them for their sickness.

The OP article source has been hawking the anti-vaccination propaganda and now complains about six diseases coming back into the US? How do they think those diseases were stopped here in the first place? Hypocrisy knows no bounds with that propaganda source, and this is just the latest in very clear examples of that hypocrisy.

Six Diseases Return To US as Migration Advocates Celebrate ‘World Refugee Day’

Six Diseases Return To US as Migration Advocates Celebrate 'World Refugee Day' - Breitbart

Any reason we still allow refugees in to begin with?

We are not the welfare office of the world.

Oh boy! More examples of the "great fear of the other!"

1. Tuberculosis
44% of the caes of TB in the USA are among domestic Americans.
CDC | TB | Fact Sheets | Trends in Tuberculosis – United States

2. Measles
Measeles is generally brought in from Americans who are unvacinated and travel to parts of the world where it is preveleant and they then return to the US.
Measles | Cases and Outbreaks | CDC

3. Whooping Cough
Like TB, Whooping cough was never eradicated in the USA. And the reason for the increase of incidents is becuase of immunity to the vacine. "Current infant vaccinations may no longer be enough, since immunity against the disease seems to wear off at adolescence, and the government is now considering a booster shot to help fight the often deadly illness." Whooping Cough On the Rise - ABC News

Along with TB, mumps as well has not been eradicated and there is an outbreak about once a year: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumps...century#United_States_.282005.E2.80.932014.29

5. Scarlet Fever
You can get scarlet fever from have strep.... So yea...

6. Bubonic Plague
:lamo For ****s sake.

Most vaccines aren't lifelong. I see mandatory adult vaccines requirements on the horizon.

Oh boy! More examples of the "great fear of the other!"

44% of the caes of TB in the USA are among domestic Americans.
CDC | TB | Fact Sheets | Trends in Tuberculosis – United States

Measeles is generally brought in from Americans who are unvacinated and travel to parts of the world where it is preveleant and they then return to the US.
Measles | Cases and Outbreaks | CDC

Like TB, Whooping cough was never eradicated in the USA. And the reason for the increase of incidents is becuase of immunity to the vacine. "Current infant vaccinations may no longer be enough, since immunity against the disease seems to wear off at adolescence, and the government is now considering a booster shot to help fight the often deadly illness." Whooping Cough On the Rise - ABC News

Along with TB, mumps as well has not been eradicated and there is an outbreak about once a year: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumps...century#United_States_.282005.E2.80.932014.29

You can get scarlet fever from have strep.... So yea...

:lamo For ****s sake.
Not sure what part of preventable sickness and expenses you can not understand.

You like paying for this? Great, we do not. Maybe you can take in these sick people and "enjoy the diversity".

Most vaccines aren't lifelong. I see mandatory adult vaccines requirements on the horizon.

And you are going to see many people who enforce it not wanting too, wink wink.

Not sure what part of preventable sickness and expenses you can not understand.

You like paying for this? Great, we do not. Maybe you can take in these sick people and "enjoy the diversity".

I'm glad the "Alternative-Right" is making quite the surge at DP. But anyways, how does something "return" when it never left?

All western nations. We've "imported" poverty stricken and even some that were sick from Communist Cuba and other oppressive areas of the world since we were born as a nation. We give people medical examinations and quarantine those that are sick while treating them for their sickness.

The OP article source has been hawking the anti-vaccination propaganda and now complains about six diseases coming back into the US? How do they think those diseases were stopped here in the first place? Hypocrisy knows no bounds with that propaganda source, and this is just the latest in very clear examples of that hypocrisy.

Gave, no longer.

Its not a propaganda source you just refuse to accept the fact that people who come here are the angels you think they are.

People have the right not to get vaccinated while people from other nations have no right to come here and spread sickness.

I've had dozens over the years. I still get them depending on what I'm doing and where I'm going. Every year, I get the Flu vaccine. I've also gotten the Pneumonia vaccine, even though I'm not at the age to do so because of my age, but I did because I go to places where I can get respiratory infections that could, and have in the past, turn to pneumonia. When I was in the military, I got a battery of vaccines every few months.

Adult vaccinations are important. As an example Whooping cough vaccination for adults can stop an adult that is unknowingly a carrier from giving their child or grandchild that deadly disease.

Not likely, unless it were a newly developed vaccine and it was for something like a universal flu vaccine.

Because outside of the flu there's no disease that affects the 'at large' general population enough that it'd justify the vast expense for a health or governing agency to make vaccines for adults mandatory. I mean thinking of our infectious viral diseases, they either impact only a tiny handful of people or have a big impact on only a specific demographic.

Im just gonna mirror what I said in a earlier post in response to another poster who used the exact same sources in the exact same order as a way to spread fear mongering.

"Yup.What Breitbart selectively left out for political purposes? Well if you read the report you would find:
1.)These refugees are tested for diseases when they come to the US. Its part of the screenings.
2.)If these refugees do test positive they immediately start a treatment program "Minnesota’s LTBI treatment completion rate for refugees who start treatment is one of the highest in the nation at 86 percent in 2013"

More petty fear mongering.
1.)These refugees are tested for diseases when they come to the US. Its part of the screenings.
2.) The article claims that TB patients are not allowed into the US. Well thats only half the story. What Breitbart against chose to selectivley left out was the sentence following the one they quoted. "Although refugees found to have active tuberculosis (TB) on their overseas health screening are not permitted to enter the U.S. until they are treated and no longer infectious, all refugees are still screened for tuberculosis infection and disease during their domestic health screening. Refugees found to have latent TB infection are not infectious and cannot spread TB infection to others (CDC, 2014) and are offered treatment at no cost to them" In other words if you are not infectious you are allowed to enter the US
3.)As Breidbart admits, "is unclear whether these four refugees had infectious active TB prior to their arrival.". Then he claims the CDC failed at testing them before they came to Indiana.... Hmmm....
4.)And oh yea, as the report says the goal is to check for health issues and then connect the refugees with proper medical care... SO yea, they were given treatment for their active TB
"In 2015, 97.4 percent of TB cases were started on the recommended initial therapy and 96.7 percent of cases in 2014 completed their therapy. There was one case of multi-drug resistant TB in Indiana, a slight decrease from 2014." http://www.in.gov/isdh/files/2015_Annual_Report_Full_Draft_Updated.pdf

Gave, no longer.

Its not a propaganda source you just refuse to accept the fact that people who come here are the angels you think they are.

People have the right not to get vaccinated while people from other nations have no right to come here and spread sickness.

There's no need for the hateful hyperbole. I don't think anyone is an angel, including neither me nor you, much less a bunch of refugees coming here that are not yet acclimated to our culture.

Your support for people here not getting vaccinated, while wanting to close our country to refugees is very telling. Those that live here, that refuse to get vaccinated or to get their children vaccinated, are willfully endangering the rest of us - that, you do not have the right to do.

As for refugees? I hope for your sake, that you never find yourself in their position.

I've been to the worst places in the world, and have met some of the best and worst people you can imagine from both sides of that spectrum in those places. The best people are just that, wonderful people that were unlucky enough to be born in a hell hole. The worst, are those that make the place a hell hole in the first place. Just because a person comes from a hell hole, doesn't mean they are bad themselves. Some had the ability to stay and fight to try to change their home from a hell hole to a better place. Many do not have that option available to them, and must leave their country - or DIE. Those are the refugees. Just because their country doesn't have medical care, doesn't mean we have the right to condemn them to death rather than allow them in our country.

As I've said, and as I've shown you, sick refugees are not just allowed into the country in a way that they can infect others. They are given a medical exam, then treated for any diseases they may have, and quarantined if needed.

Saying that X number of refugees have TB, or Y number have whatever disease, doesn't correlate to those refugees being a risk to the general population of the US. Not even close.

Last edited:
Im just gonna mirror what I said in a earlier post in response to another poster who used the exact same sources in the exact same order as a way to spread fear mongering.

"Yup.What Breitbart selectively left out for political purposes? Well if you read the report you would find:
2.)If these refugees do test positive they immediately start a treatment program "Minnesota’s LTBI treatment completion rate for refugees who start treatment is one of the highest in the nation at 86 percent in 2013"

More petty fear mongering.
2.) The article claims that TB patients are not allowed into the US. Well thats only half the story. What Breitbart against chose to selectivley left out was the sentence following the one they quoted. "Although refugees found to have active tuberculosis (TB) on their overseas health screening are not permitted to enter the U.S. until they are treated and no longer infectious, all refugees are still screened for tuberculosis infection and disease during their domestic health screening. Refugees found to have latent TB infection are not infectious and cannot spread TB infection to others (CDC, 2014) and are offered treatment at no cost to them" In other words if you are not infectious you are allowed to enter the US
3.)As Breidbart admits, "is unclear whether these four refugees had infectious active TB prior to their arrival.". Then he claims the CDC failed at testing them before they came to Indiana.... Hmmm....
4.)And oh yea, as the report says the goal is to check for health issues and then connect the refugees with proper medical care... SO yea, they were given treatment for their active TB
"In 2015, 97.4 percent of TB cases were started on the recommended initial therapy and 96.7 percent of cases in 2014 completed their therapy. There was one case of multi-drug resistant TB in Indiana, a slight decrease from 2014." http://www.in.gov/isdh/files/2015_Annual_Report_Full_Draft_Updated.pdf

Anything that bring up the flaw of these programs you just law and claim "fear mongering".

There's no need for the hateful hyperbole. I don't think anyone is an angel, including neither me nor you, much less a bunch of refugees coming here that are not yet acclimated to our culture.

Your support for people here not getting vaccinated, while wanting to close our country to refugees is very telling. Those that live here, that refuse to get vaccinated or to get their children vaccinated, are willfully endangering the rest of us - that, you do not have the right to do.

How is protecting the nation "hateful"?

How is protecting the 1st Amendment "hateful"

But letting in people who are a welfare burden, infected with diseases, and will surely wage jihad is not endangering.

As for refugees? I hope for your sake, that you never find yourself in their position.

If we do not secure the border, deport the illegals, and reduce legal immigration we might, we take the risk?

I've been to the worst places in the world, and have met some of the best and worst people you can imagine from both sides of that spectrum in those places. The best people are just that, wonderful people that were unlucky enough to be born in a hell hole. The worst, are those that make the place a hell hole in the first place. Just because a person comes from a hell hole, doesn't mean they are bad themselves. Some had the ability to stay and fight to try to change their home from a hell hole to a better place. Many do not have that option available to them, and must leave their country - or DIE. Those are the refugees. Just because their country doesn't have medical care, doesn't mean we have the right to condemn them to death rather than allow them in our country.

Dont care, tell the victims of 9/11 or the victims of The Pulse your nonsense. I am sure they will get a kick out of it.

And they can go to other Arab states, not here.

It also does not mean they get to bled us dry. You want to pay for it? Nothing stopping you from doing so, but when your force us to pay for your bleeding heart "charity" as tens of millions of Americans are in poverty it really does show how out of touch with reality you are.

Back in the day our country denied entry to those with diseases. Today, not so much.

How is protecting the nation "hateful"?

How is protecting the 1st Amendment "hateful"
Your comment about me, your hateful and hyperbolic statement about me. Not about protecting anything or even about the 1st Amendment (which I have no idea how that even comes into this).

But letting in people who are a welfare burden, infected with diseases, and will surely wage jihad is not endangering.
Wow. Just... wow.

If we do not secure the border, deport the illegals, and reduce legal immigration we might, we take the risk?
I agree with securing the border, and deporting illegals, but, the rest of your statement is antithetical to what the US and Constitution stand for.

Dont care, tell the victims of 9/11 or the victims of The Pulse your nonsense. I am sure they will get a kick out of it.
This is the hateful hyperbole I was talking about - just in case you needed another example.

And they can go to other Arab states, not here.
I've never understood why the Arab states wouldn't take them in. However, I don't judge my actions by the lack of actions of others.

It also does not mean they get to bled us dry. You want to pay for it? Nothing stopping you from doing so, but when your force us to pay for your bleeding heart "charity" as tens of millions of Americans are in poverty it really does show how out of touch with reality you are.

Seriously? I'm not going to be an enabler to such an awful rant. I wish you well as a member here. I really do. As for me replying to posts such as the one above after this, I can't see me doing so.

Your comment about me, your hateful and hyperbolic statement about me. Not about protecting anything or even about the 1st Amendment (which I have no idea how that even comes into this).

No, its not. Religious Freedoms, which covers not get vaxxed..My God you have no clue what is going on.

Wow. Just... wow.

So you can not accept the facts at hand? Well more reason why you should not vote..

I agree with securing the border, and deporting illegals, but, the rest of your statement is antithetical to what the US and Constitution stand for.

....No.

Nothing in the US Constitution supports or mandates immigration.

AS for the US? America was founded by the decedents of Settlers to secure the blessings of Liberty four ourselves and our posterity, not to secure the liberty for the whole world and not to allow their posterity to displace ours.

More over the Founders were not fans of immigration at all.

And if you look at our history Immigration restriction has been the rule and it worked great!

This is the hateful hyperbole I was talking about - just in case you needed another example.

I've never understood why the Arab states wouldn't take them in. However, I don't judge my actions by the lack of actions of others.

You have no defense any everyone can see that.

Because they know America is filled with people like you who will take them in and pay for it, while they sit back and enjoy their oil money.

Seriously? I'm not going to be an enabler to such an awful rant. I wish you well as a member here. I really do. As for me replying to posts such as the one above after this, I can't see me doing so.

Because you are being exposed as the full of nothing that you and your side is.

You mean when sanity ruled?

Yep. Back when our countrymen were more concerned with our country and not so much wanting to create chaos and build those welfare roles.

Back
Top Bottom