• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Site Data

Rhapsody1447

Skeptical Optimist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Is time-series site data available? I'd love to be able to look at historical site statistics and the effect of elections on the user base. (e.g. new registrations, political leans, post/thread count, overall activity, etc.)

Is time-series site data available? I'd love to be able to look at historical site statistics and the effect of elections on the user base. (e.g. new registrations, political leans, post/thread count, overall activity, etc.)

I can tell you one effect of the election: mod team has a huge headache. Oy vay....

Unfortunately, there is not a simple way to get this info without extrapolating directly from the database:

Since January [significant jumps in July]
Registrations: from ~200 a month to over 300 a month
Daily activity: from ~300 in July to over 450 users a day
Posts per day: from ~2100 a day to over 4000 a day
Threads: Monthly topics from ~85000 to ~120000 threads a month

Overall
Top poster: CC with 74,458 posts!
We get over 2 million website hits per month.

I'd like to get our old stats system working again, but I've not had the energy or time. It is on the top lists to get complete.
The awesome part is that ~51% of new users continue to be active after registration up from 43% in January.

Unfortunately, there is not a simple way to get this info without extrapolating directly from the database:

Since January [significant jumps in July]
Registrations: from ~200 a month to over 300 a month
Daily activity: from ~300 in July to over 450 users a day
Posts per day: from ~2100 a day to over 4000 a day
Threads: Monthly topics from ~85000 to ~120000 threads a month

Overall
Top poster: CC with 74,458 posts!
We get over 2 million website hits per month.

I'd like to get our old stats system working again, but I've not had the energy or time. It is on the top lists to get complete.
The awesome part is that ~51% of new users continue to be active after registration up from 43% in January.

Wow, those numbers are truly staggering. Did you mean 8,500 to 12,000 threads per month? It seems odd that you would have roughly the same amount of new threads and new posts. I'd love to know how those numbers have evolved over time... this site is truly a different beast than when I first joined.

Much appreciation for all the work you guys do... the server costs must be egregious yet you still don't use ads when members are signed in. Stay classy

Wow, those numbers are truly staggering. Did you mean 8,500 to 12,000 threads per month? It seems odd that you would have roughly the same amount of new threads and new posts. I'd love to know how those numbers have evolved over time... this site is truly a different beast than when I first joined.

Much appreciation for all the work you guys do... the server costs must be egregious yet you still don't use ads when members are signed in. Stay classy

Threads: 85k to 120k a month.
The posts were daily 4000 new posts a day times 30 days.

Back
Top Bottom