• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sister Clare Crockett: From Partier to Canonized Saint? Incredible Woman, Incredible Story.

Mashmont

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Sister Clare Crockett died in the Ecuador earthquake of 2016 at age 33. Her story is amazing. I watched the two-hour documentary/movie and it was life-changing. You can watch the 15-minute summary if you like.

This is the story of a tremendously talented Irish girl spurning fame and fortune, and using her talent for God. Clare was on her way to a Hollywood career, despite her poor upbringing in impoverished Derry, Ireland. Her gift was an infectious outgoing personality, the kind that made everyone want to be in her company. She got into the party scene, smoking, drunkenness, boys, and she ditched it all to become a nun.

And what a gifted nun she was. She used her gifts to turn the toughest problem students to attentive respectful followers of Jesus. She could lift a whole hospital ward of terminal patients just by her presence. She converted many to become devout Catholics by her positivity, her infectious joy, and her utter devotion and selflessness. Some are calling for her sainthood.

Watch this one-of-a-kind girl/woman and be inspired!

Full movie:
All or Nothing: Sr. Clare Crockett (Full Movie) - YouTube

15-minute short version
Sister Clare Crockett SHM (Short film) - YouTube

Sister Clare Crockett died in the Ecuador earthquake of 2016 at age 33. Her story is amazing. I watched the two-hour documentary/movie and it was life-changing. You can watch the 15-minute summary if you like.

This is the story of a tremendously talented Irish girl spurning fame and fortune, and using her talent for God. Clare was on her way to a Hollywood career, despite her poor upbringing in impoverished Derry, Ireland. Her gift was an infectious outgoing personality, the kind that made everyone want to be in her company. She got into the party scene, smoking, drunkenness, boys, and she ditched it all to become a nun.

And what a gifted nun she was. She used her gifts to turn the toughest problem students to attentive respectful followers of Jesus. She could lift a whole hospital ward of terminal patients just by her presence. She converted many to become devout Catholics by her positivity, her infectious joy, and her utter devotion and selflessness. Some are calling for her sainthood.

Watch this one-of-a-kind girl/woman and be inspired!

Full movie:
All or Nothing: Sr. Clare Crockett (Full Movie) - YouTube

15-minute short version
Sister Clare Crockett SHM (Short film) - YouTube

thats awesome!

How many children did she abuse?

Although I do not believe in "God" or "saints," I think that it is wonderful when a person like Sister Clare can find a meaning to one's life.

I hope that the Catholic Church does make her a saint.

Believing in saints can give many people the spiritual strength to persevere.

Many people, I believe, have claimed that they were helped by a favorite saint. If they believe that, more power to them.

I can understand why many people find solace in the Church's rituals.

(P.S. I wish more American nuns would wear traditional nun clothing. I want them to look like a nun.)

Last edited:
Although I do not believe in "God" or "saints," I think that it is wonderful when a person like Sister Clare can find a meaning to one's life.

I hope that the Catholic Church does make her a saint.

Believing in saints can give many people the spiritual strength to persevere.

Many people, I believe, have claimed that they were helped by a favorite saint. If they believe that, more power to them.

I can understand why many people find solace in the Church's rituals.

(P.S. I wish more American nuns would wear traditional nun clothing. I want them to look like a nun.)

I agree. I think more orders are returning to the habits in recent years. Thankfully, the decline in priests and sisters numbers is also reversing.

Whar Wiki says:

Biography
Crockett was born in Derry in Northern Ireland. She worked as a theater actor, writer and director and for Channel 4. She wanted to become a famous actress after a role in the film Sunday, directed by Charles McDougall, which describes the 1972 Bloody Sunday massacre in Northern Ireland.

After a religious experience on Good Friday 2000 she decided to become a nun and entered the convent of the Servant Sisters of the Home of the Mother in Spain, where she had the name Clare Maria of the Trinity and the Heart of Mary.

She worked in Spain, United States and Ecuador and was well-known for her exceptional interpersonal skills.

On April 16, 2016, she died in an earthquake in Playa Prieta, Ecuador. [2][3][4] [5][6]

Legacy
The movie All Or Nothing summarizes her life.[7] In 2020, miracles were attributed to her and there were calls for her to be made a saint.[8][9]

Clare Crockett - Wikipedia

oh so she was a victim of the troubles i guess?

Back
Top Bottom