• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SiriusXM suspends Glenn Beck over Donald Trump comments

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
hahaha

Conservative host Glenn Beck has been suspended by SiriusXM satellite radio for agreeing with an author who asked hypothetically “what patriot will step up” to remove Republican Donald Trump from office if he’s elected president and oversteps his authority.

SiriusXM said Beck’s program was suspended for this week and the company was “evaluating its place” in the lineup.

The comments “may be reasonably construed by some to have been advocating harm against an individual currently running for office,” SiriusXM said in a statement.

SiriusXM suspends Glenn Beck over Donald Trump comments | New York Post

Yeah, I can see that as getting a little too close to the legal line for Sirius even if it doesn't cross it.

Actually, I'm surprised it's taken so long. I thought everyone would've suspended him after hearing about the lawsuit.

It seems to me that Glenn Beck has been close to going over the edge mentally over the last few months, all over his dislike of Trump.

Did anyone here know that he actually rubbed Cheetos crumbs on his face as a spoof of Trump and his slightly overtanned skin?

It seems to me that Glenn Beck has been close to going over the edge mentally over the last few months, all over his dislike of Trump.

Did anyone here know that he actually rubbed Cheetos crumbs on his face as a spoof of Trump and his slightly overtanned skin?

Those over-the-top crazy stunts are something he's been doing since he was just a radio shock jock.

GOPosters turning on their own quickly when they don't fall in line for trump .

Those over-the-top crazy stunts are something he's been doing since he was just a radio shock jock.

I don't think so.

I used to listen to his show, when I was 14 or 15 or so. and it was funny, entertaining, and I feel quality programming, after Obama got elected he suddenly became a doomsday preacher, drawing out conspiracies on blackboards and the whole thing. I think he's lost his marbles.

GOPosters turning on their own quickly when they don't fall in line for trump .

It's not just falling in line with Trump, Beck is deranged. He got talked to by the Secret Service earlier this year over comments he made about Trump.

I don't think so.

I used to listen to his show, when I was 14 or 15 or so. and it was funny, entertaining, and I feel quality programming, after Obama got elected he suddenly became a doomsday preacher, drawing out conspiracies on blackboards and the whole thing. I think he's lost his marbles.

"Doomsday, preacher, conspiracy theories" are entirely different than the over-the-top Cheeto thing we were just talking about. THAT kind of thing he's been doing since he was a teenager on the radio.

"Doomsday, preacher, conspiracy theories" are entirely different than the over-the-top Cheeto thing we were just talking about. THAT kind of thing he's been doing since he was a teenager on the radio.
ah ok. I misunderstood you, my bad.

hahaha

Conservative host Glenn Beck has been suspended by SiriusXM satellite radio for agreeing with an author who asked hypothetically “what patriot will step up” to remove Republican Donald Trump from office if he’s elected president and oversteps his authority.

SiriusXM said Beck’s program was suspended for this week and the company was “evaluating its place” in the lineup.

The comments “may be reasonably construed by some to have been advocating harm against an individual currently running for office,” SiriusXM said in a statement.

SiriusXM suspends Glenn Beck over Donald Trump comments | New York Post

I can see why Sirius cares, but no one else does. He didnt say anything shocking. They even warned ahead of time that what the author ( a guy who write fiction about this kind of thing) was going to say was extreme hypothetical. Basically "hey, what if Trump becomes the next Hitler, we wont be able to get rid of him".

No doubt someone who work at Hillary's Media Matters company, and whose job it is to listen to Beck and find things to harras Sirius over, reported it to Sirius.

How Beck avoids hospitalization due to his mental condition is real mystery. Glad to see him getting his long overdue comeuppance.

Karma - it's what he is having for breakfast.

Yeah. His shows at the end of his FOX run came across as a quiet apology after his semi-breakdown (or full fledged I can't honestly remember).

I used to love his stuff before he got under the FOX umbrella and began drinking the Koolaid. It was more "anti-government corruption" rather than anti-anything not GOP.
Now I haven't listened to him in years.
Its too bad really. In his more lucid days, he came across as a very intelligent man (he probably still is, just the emotional/mental spirals tend to obscure it).

I don't think so.

These things don't suddenly begin. Christianity, like its relatives Islam and Judaism, in its very essence is a doomsday religion.

He's mellowed, though. I usually listen to him on the way to work. Couldn't really stand him when he was on Fox, but lately he's has this series on "the history of (whatever topic)" and they're pretty good. What I find funny is how Rush (still easily my favorite) is often accused of not actually believing what he says, but Glenn does and he gets bashed for that. Why, it's almost as if some folks just don't like conservative talk show hosts regardless of what they do or do not do. :lol:

(To be clear, not speaking about you at all, Josie.)

I'm not following, did Beck make the comments or a guest?

He's mellowed, though. I usually listen to him on the way to work. Couldn't really stand him when he was on Fox, but lately he's has this series on "the history of (whatever topic)" and they're pretty good. What I find funny is how Rush (still easily my favorite) is often accused of not actually believing what he says, but Glenn does and he gets bashed for that. Why, it's almost as if some folks just don't like conservative talk show hosts regardless of what they do or do not do. (To be clear, not speaking about you at all, Josie.)

Allow me- it isn't if they believe their message- it is the message. One may know he is spinning crap into Conservative gold, they other may truly believe the crap IS gold.

But it's still crap so either way the messenger gets slagged... :peace

Is Glen Beck still a thing?

No, but Glenn Beck is.

9I0U3bK.gif

Here, let me correct my mistake. The correct spelling is Douchebag McGirk.

Back
Top Bottom