• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Sir? Red Wine With Your E-coli?

gordontravels

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Mayor Nagin is making more plans. He wants as many as 200,000 New Orleans residents to start moving back into town by the end of next week. Wow, what's that smell? Oh yeah, the pizza someone ate 2 weeks ago.

Mayor Nagin? Ever hear of coloform bacteria or e-coli? These are little bugs that kill people. Oh and by the way they can kill quickly with the help of dehydration.

Mayor Nagin? New Orleans doesn't have water and sewer. Ya gonna hand out corks? And hey; hows the Mardi Gras plans coming. Understand you're working hard on it.

Face it folks. The more you hear from this guy the more you understand why he was having trouble with his own constituents before Katrina was even a wave in the Atlantic. His constituents wanted him out; the black people of New Orleans were disappointed in him because they weren't getting things he promised them. A chicken in every pot? Now he wants them back to share the bacteria and stand on the curb waiting for the next truck to come by and give them some bottles of water. Shower anyone?

I'm sorry but when I spell Mayor Nagin it comes out "incompetence". Ask Admiral Allen who has gotten praise even from Democrats (drugged no doubt). The Admiral says to Mayor Nagin, "Slow down." Problem is that the decision is up to the Mayor and if the residents decide to come home they better have three things - lots of bottled water, a place to put their poop and plenty of Amodium AD. I can see the headlines now - "MAYOR RUNS THE CITY".

In this case, the runs won't be fun but maybe deadly. Happy Mardi Gras Mayor Nagin.
:duel :cool:

The professionals, the feds, and the military do not want them to move back in.

First the Mayor blames it all on the Feds for not getting there in time, then he defies the feds when they tell him that it is too soon to move back in. If any of them get diseased, he will blame the government for not cleaning up fast enough.

I've said it before, the government cannot win with these people.

GySgt said:

First the Mayor blames it all on the Feds for not getting there in time, then he defies the feds when they tell him that it is too soon to move back in. If any of them get diseased, he will blame the government for not cleaning up fast enough.

Hmmmm, well the anti-Bush crowd said he needed to take over before, how about now. Wonder if they believe he should march in and takeover New Orleans and declare it federal terrority and relieve Nagin of all duties?

Stinger said:
Hmmmm, well the anti-Bush crowd said he needed to take over before, how about now. Wonder if they believe he should march in and takeover New Orleans and declare it federal terrority and relieve Nagin of all duties?

Nope and he won't. The law is the law. But, you're right. The Bush haters would find some reason to blame the government for not doing something.

GySgt said:

I just watched Admiral Allen saying on FNC that he wants the Mayor to slow down and do things right. He mentioned coloform bacteria and e-coli by name. It is the decision of the Mayor to do what he wants. This is what many didn't understand and still about FEMA and the President. The Mayor and the Governor are the ones in charge.

If the Mayor, with all his wisdom, decides that people can move back in then that's the way it's going to be. I don't see why you worry about blaming the government. President Bush and his FEMA deserved some; Governor Blanco deserved some and Mayor Nagin deserved some.

Hey, his locals elected him so he must know what he's doing. Republicans and Democrats usually believe that of their politicians no matter how thick the wool.
:duel :cool:

Back
Top Bottom