• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Single people: Does this happen to you too?

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Around the holidays when I see family that I usually don't see on a daily basis, it never fails - someone always says "Are you married yet?" or "You're never getting married, are ya?" or "I know the PERFECT guy for you!" (when that family member barely knows you in the first place).

Blah.

I'm content being single at the moment. Why can't people just lay off? :crazy3:

Around the holidays when I see family that I usually don't see on a daily basis, it never fails - someone always says "Are you married yet?" or "You're never getting married, are ya?" or "I know the PERFECT guy for you!" (when that family member barely knows you in the first place).

Blah.

On my wife's side for years one of her cousins was always asking when we were going to have kids. I told him I thought we were doing it wrong. :lol:

Blah.

I can go you one better.

After 10 months of trying unsuccessfully to get my wife pregnant, my mother-in-law took me aside to give me advice on how to improve my chances of success.

I stopped her and asked, "Why are you teaching me how to **** your baby girl?"

Dead silence, jaw hanging in the wind.

:lol:

Not really. Though I'm sure that will change once I get older.

I can't say I've ever had someone say they know the perfect guy for me.

I have very little contact with family, so it mostly comes from married friends. When they ask, "why are you still single", my response is, "I don't know, why are you still married"? They have no idea how to respond, and it usually stops them in their tracks.

It does get very annoying. Why do people care? Why can't I be single and happy? People have the assumption that one must have "someone" to be happy, and they worry if you go through prolonged single phases.

Because there is no perfect guy for you. How can some one one up you?

I have very little contact with family, so it mostly comes from married friends. When they ask, "why are you still single", my response is, "I don't know, why are you still married"? They have no idea how to respond, and it usually stops them in their tracks.

You could be my perfect guy CC. :mrgreen:

I never got that, but my wife and I get the 'when are you going to have kids' ALL the time. From everyone.

It does get very annoying. Why do people care? Why can't I be single and happy? People have the assumption that one must have "someone" to be happy, and they worry if you go through prolonged single phases.

It's not that you can't be happy single, it's that they're happy not being single, and want you to have that happiness too.

Well, that and the fact that we're socialized to be happy doing certain things because they ensure the perpetuation of the society of which we are a part.

Tell them you are trying to have puppies first.

Purrrrs

Earlier this year for April Fools Day my wife and I called up my parents and hers and told them my wife was a month pregnant. They both fell for it hook line and sinker. We didn't set them straight til the next day.

For some reason, they didn't think it was nearly as funny as my wife and I did.

Earlier this year for April Fools Day my wife and I called up my parents and hers and told them my wife was a month pregnant. They both fell for it hook line and sinker. We didn't set them straight til the next day.

could be some wills are being re-written right about now...:2razz:

Blah.

Not even single and I get the exact same thing. "When are you going to have children", "When will you be married, soon you will be old and no man will want you"

And my personal favourite is the questions about the fertility of me and my partner :roll:

You took their grandkids away from them. :2razz:

Puurrrrrrs

I was married once upon a time for 15 years and I have kids, so the only thing family and friends bug me about is when they think they need to 'set me up' with someone. :roll:

If anyone related to me is reading this - just don't. :naughty

I can go you one better.

After 10 months of trying unsuccessfully to get my wife pregnant, my mother-in-law took me aside to give me advice on how to improve my chances of success.

I stopped her and asked, "Why are you teaching me how to **** your baby girl?"

Dead silence, jaw hanging in the wind.

:lol:

DP Gold.

DP Gold.

Well Done Sir :applaud

Back
Top Bottom