• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Single on Valentine's Day this year? Post here!

I can be just as happy without a girlfriend as I can with one. It just so happens this time around I have one. I guarantee that I won't cry myself to sleep if she and I go our own way.

I'll miss the sex though. She's got that down.

Sounds like lust to me. So while you may not be alone this year? It is clear you are not really in love.:roll:

Single and proud of it, though I'm dating a few girls nothing serious.

Will you be taking a date to the park Valentines Day? If so? Your cheap ass better at least toss in a picnic basket with food. :2razz:

My valentines this year is going to be special. My wife and I recently went though a difficulty in our marriage a few months back and we have things pretty much repaired.

Our activity will be chinese food and a showing of princess bride after the kids go to bed, but its special because the difficulty caused us to explore our love in much a much deeper and real manner than we have in the past. We are going to celebrate that with lots of snuggling.

After that sentence, one sorts of expect some wild section of S&M or the like, not "lots of snuggling"? :lol:

Valentines day is a joke. I might have some respect for the holiday if one was expected to wrestle a crocodile as proof of devotion or at least do something creative like write a love sonnet. Instead is simple a vehicle to promote the sale of candy, greeting cards and jewelry. If you are lonely, it should be because genuinely miss the feel of relationship, not because you don't have someone giving you hallmark cards on the 14th.

I'm single this Valentines day. To be honest I think the holiday is somewhat superficial.

Valentine's is the most bull**** holiday ever, when all the happy people get to rub their happiness in everyone else's face. **** that ****.

It is what you make it. I'm Valentine's Day neutral. I had a boyfriend once who just despised the holiday, so we didn't celebrate it. I didn't mind. And the reason I didn't mind is precisely because there's 364 other days of the year I can choose to show my love.

But I sort of enjoy celebrating it. Whether I'm with anyone or not. I have typically done a blog post talking about the people I love (friends, family, and romantically if I have romance in my life), but I got rid of the blog last year. Sometimes I write personal things, or make stuff - I made a colored duct tape rose once for my dad that was actually really well-done if I do say so myself. He likes weird things like that.

When I'm in a relationship with a guy who doesn't hate Valentine's Day, we typically do something, but nothing over the top. Again, I tend to write or make gifts, or buy something that seems especially "dead-on." One year I got my then-boyfriend for miniature trepuchet. He loved it. :lol:

This year, I'm in a new relationship. We're going out, probably to Sea World or something fun and frivulous like that. Not doing much for presents or anything - we're still in the crawling phase, and I only do presents when I know I can get or make something that's *perfect.*

It doesn't have to be about pink over-priced crap, buying off your partner, and lover's elitism. And it doesn't have to be the one time a year when you do something nice for the person or people you love. Valentine's Day is not the only day I do spend quality time with them, or give them a gift, or otherwise show my appreciation in a particularly pronounced way. It's just a reminder to do it, to me. Nothin' wrong with that. We all forget sometimes, and even if we don't, it's never bad to have another excuse.

I never do "big" Valentine's Days. But I do it, because it's a good reminder to think about these things.

So damn true! And when you are in love? Everday should be like Valentine's Day. Everyday should be filled with love. Not just one frigging day out of the year to "prove" your love for someone. It is all dumb as hell:(

It's easy enough to say that, but we all know reality doesn't work that way. In reality, sometimes stuff's hard, sometimes we fall into patterns, sometimes we just forget. We should try to remember as often as we can, but every day is not like Valentine's Day, and if it were, we wouldn't develop the deeper sorts of love that we are capable of. Adversity is what gives you that. It's not about proving anything - or at least it doesn't have to be. It's just about taking the time to delve into a bit, to me.

As I said above, Valentine's Day is just a reminder. It's not like there's any law against making a few other Valentine's Days of your own over the course of the year. But it's not like there's anything wrong with having one of them be February 14th, either.

Kali said:
Sounds like lust to me. So while you may not be alone this year? It is clear you are not really in love.

There's a whole lot of grey area between "having a girlfriend" and "being in love".

I am with a girl I enjoy being with. We are sexually active. We don't live together, we have our own lives and agendas, and we spend a good deal of time apart (which is healthy). We are committed to each other, but that could change at any moment, and I wouldn't be crushed if we lost a commitment.

That sounds like girlfriend to me. Love is a looooooooooong way from here.

After that sentence, one sorts of expect some wild section of S&M or the like, not "lots of snuggling"? :lol:

love ≠ sex

it makes sex more fun though

Last edited:
happy valentine days ,,it is 1:00 a.m here :2razz:

love ≠ sex

it makes sex more fun though

love = lots of snuggling? Well, your wife is a lucky lady, and I hope you guys have lots of love and maybe some sex if you're both in the mood.

love = lots of snuggling? Well, your wife is a lucky lady, and I hope you guys have lots of love and maybe some sex if you're both in the mood.

We have plenty of sex, just no BSDM or anything like that.

Yeah, I'm single .. and though I'm slowly workin' on winnin' the heart of someone special ..

.. For all you single folks like me here in cyberland, today, on this wonderful Saint Valentines Day, rejoice in the good friends and family you have, know that you are loved .. and try your darndest not to massacre anything too important.

And some advice for all you young studs here with a sweetheart: this evening, make like a bull, charge home from work, tell your significant udder how you feel, take her out to grazin' at her favorite pasture, milk it for all it's worth, and, cowabanga, you'll be glad .. you .. did!

You know, I am not really upset that I do not have a Valentines because it just means I have more money to drink with this weekend.

Woot, single for 6th consecutive V-Day.

There's a whole lot of grey area between "having a girlfriend" and "being in love".

I am with a girl I enjoy being with. We are sexually active. We don't live together, we have our own lives and agendas, and we spend a good deal of time apart (which is healthy). We are committed to each other, but that could change at any moment, and I wouldn't be crushed if we lost a commitment.

That sounds like girlfriend to me. Love is a looooooooooong way from here.

It sounds to me like you are just not that into her. But congrats on getting ***** this year on V Day:2razz:

You know, I am not really upset that I do not have a Valentines because it just means I have more money to drink with this weekend.

YEAH!! And more money to hit the stores tomm for after candy sale! I am looking forward to going to score some chocolate and other left over V Day candy. I will hit the stores close to my home for a couple of days and be well stocked in candy and chocolate. I am also on the look out for cute pink fleece PJ's w/hearts on em:cool:

Yup im single this valentines day...again.

Kali said:
It sounds to me like you are just not that into her. But congrats on getting ***** this year on V Day

Approximately how many times have you been in love?

Approximately how many times have you been in love?

What does that have to do with anything? I hope you had a wonderful night.

Kali said:
What does that have to do with anything? I hope you had a wonderful night.

It has everything to do with the situation because your viewpoint about love and relationships is hopelessly skewed and flawed.

Medusa said:
the real love catches you once

Like the Rat, I sure hope that's not true. I've been in love a few times over my 33 years. However, love alone is not enough. So many people don't see this. Explains why every other marriage ends in divorce.

The only girl i spent Valentine's Day with was Mary-Jane. Around 11:30 I got the munchies and went to the campus store. I saw a pint of Ben & Jerry's Late Night Snack. At the moment, it seemed far more appealing than any woman. I bought it, went back to my dorm, and sat on the couch. I then decided that I felt like listening to David Bowie, because who doesn't like a little Ziggy Stardust every once in a while? I was having a pretty good time, and I realize that I am sitting alone, eating a whole thing of Ben & Jerry's, and listening to David Bowie on Valentine's Day. As someone with a great appreciation for irony, I laughed for a good five minutes.

It has everything to do with the situation because your viewpoint about love and relationships is hopelessly skewed and flawed.

Like the Rat, I sure hope that's not true. I've been in love a few times over my 33 years. However, love alone is not enough. So many people don't see this. Explains why every other marriage ends in divorce.

yes , love needs devotion ,trust ,respect ,and those which lack these important elements are not real love

My viewpoint about love and relationships is just fine and you really have no right to say this to me. Period. :(

Back
Top Bottom