• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sinema doubles down on filibuster support, dealing likely fatal blow to Dems' election bills

Republicans. Notice last time income inequality reached this point was just before the great depression.

View attachment 67369521

View attachment 67369522

And don't tell me about tax cuts and GDP growth. Only thing that grows is the wealthy's net worth and the federal debt.

View attachment 67369523
Class envy and jealousy, the question is why and how some rich person has hurt you and your family? I can see why you aren't joining them but you cannot seem to grasp that understanding

Class envy and jealousy, the question is why and how some rich person has hurt you and your family? I can see why you aren't joining them but you cannot seem to grasp that understanding

I will repeat my previous post just for you.

All of us are not greedy, self-centered people. Excessive income inequality is not good for America. It always ends badly. Greed has destroyed the america dream for many americans.

All the arguments about the wealthy paying all the taxes and keeping their own money ring hollow when the reality is the top 1% pay less by percentage than the average middle class person

I earn around two hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year. I pay taxes at a rate that far exceeds those 1%'ers. That does piss me off.

All of us are not greedy, self-centered people. Excessive income inequality is not good for America. It always ends badly. Greed has destroyed the america dream for many americans.

All the arguments about the wealthy paying all the taxes and keeping their own money ring hollow when the reality is the top 1% pay less by percentage than the average middle class person

I earn around two hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year. I pay taxes at a rate that far exceeds those 1%'ers. That does piss me off.

Apparently being greedy and self centered is the way you describe people keeping more of what they earn to take care of their family and helping their neighbors. Do I have that right? Such class envy and jealousy

Oh by the way, watch the attached if you have the nerve and see how that relates to that ideology that you support. Defining people and control is the liberal ideology today

Early voting changes that day and opens the polls for in person voting, 17 days in some areas, why not yours?

I have early voting in my area. I don't know why you assumed I don't. But not all states have early voting. Tell me: are you in favor of early voting or no?

I mean what I say.
Amazing how ahead of its time the Twilight Zone was but labeling people, exerting control, creating dependence, scaring people is what today's Democrat Party is all about . Watch this if you have the nerve

I have early voting in my area. I don't know why you assumed I don't. But not all states have early voting. Tell me: are you in favor of early voting or no?
What states don't have early voting and why not? why do we need a voting rights bill with that opportunity in place?

Why are you asking me a question you can easily Google?

Because some states are implementing voter restrictions outside of early voting.
Of course I can use Google, why can't you answer a direct question, why do we need the Democrat Voting Rights Bill or even massive spending proposals when minor corrections are all that are needed? How about telling Biden rather than micro manage everything and spend more money in what he called a booming economy to just do the folowing

Bided BBB.jpg

Will bother to answer your last point/question only. Trump said on more than one occasion that taking in immigrants was like taking a poisonous snake into your home. Not illegals - he specified that he was talking about immigration in general. My father was an immigrant, one who knew more about this country and it’s history than Trump could hope to. Trump bragged about grabbing women. I had a mother, a sister and have a wife. Trump proposed banning an entire religion. I have Muslim friends and co-workers. Trump lied about refugees and asylum seekers. I worked with such people for over 20 years and can tell you precisely the details of those lies. Trump’s first actions upon coming to office included loosening job safety rules, saying injuries/deaths on the job need not be considered in granting goby contracts, and he allowed use of a pesticide under study, one that causes birth defects. I have a scar from a workplace accident, one involving a govt contract, my wife lost a pregnancy to a birth defect and worked with farm workers who lost fingernails to pesticides.

You call me naive, yet you believe Trump’s lies about a fixed election that no one has come forward to admit participating in, despite the fact that they could sell their story and no doubt cop a plea if they implicated others, and despite the fact that Trump always complains about elections being rigged. Who’s being naive?
You really do spend a lot of time focused on what someone says but never the results generated, why is that? you claim Trump lied ok, your opinion noted but the reality is how did any of those supposed lies change the results generated?

Also since your focus is also on pollution and climate change isn't it about time you addressed the countries most responsible for pollution in the world? Notice where our country is on this list

This is all about you buying rhetoric ignoring the results. I am sure you feel good when the liberal ideology sells you on things like spending in the name of compassion but why is it that compassionate spending never generates the promised results and only creates dependence? You really want the entire country to be like the liberal bastions of California and NY? have you bothered to check out the social results in those states?

Of course I can use Google, why can't you answer a direct question,

I answered your question by providing a link of the states that have early voting. 39 states have it so basic 1st grade math will tell you 11 states don't.

why do we need the Democrat Voting Rights Bill or even massive spending proposals when minor corrections are all that are needed?

Define 'minor corrections.' When we're ranked poorly next to other democracies I would hardly call them 'minor.' We have the same score as Mexico and Panama. 🤦‍♂️

Is this how boomers post memes? 😂 😂 😂

I answered your question by providing a link of the states that have early voting. 39 states have it so basic 1st grade math will tell you 11 states don't.
So implement early voting in those states don't force others into a national program. Logic and common sense don't seem to resonate in the liberal world. You do realize that states have term limits, right? You don't like your state gov't work to change it but stop looking to the federal gov't to solve your own individual problems
Define 'minor corrections.' When we're ranked poorly next to other democracies I would hardly call them 'minor.' We have the same score as Mexico and Panama. 🤦‍♂️

LOL, so we rank poorly to other democracies? you do realize we have a Representative democracy right not a pure democracy? How have we survived over 200 years with previous election rules? Seems you cannot get what you want therefore want the federal gov't to mandate it, where is that in the Constitution

I like mail in voting. Hope florida does it again. Of course it makes it a lot easier for those republican state legislatures to disqualify those democratic votes.

Truth is Republicans are scum! They have no problem being totally unethical to cheat the American people out of free and fair elections. Seems the federal government is powerless to stop it.

Jim Crow lives again. White America will do whatever it takes to keep their control.

I like mail in voting. Hope florida does it again. Of course it makes it a lot easier for those republican state legislatures to disqualify those democratic votes.

Truth is Republicans are scum! They have no problem being totally unethical to cheat the American people out of free and fair elections. Seems the federal government is powerless to stop it.

Jim Crow lives again. White America will do whatever it takes to keep their control.
Right, no problem in Democrat districts

There is no reason to ever see someone so desperate for attention to call Republicans scum. So sad to see such hared and ignorance

Kyrsten Lea Sinema made her position very clear. The Democrat's voting rights bills are dead along with all the rest of Biden's agenda.

Republicans are free to rig elections in the future. This is the death knell of the democratic party and really democracy in America. Once again the rich and powerful rule. Soon only white men of property will be allowed to vote.
Yes, that's it. Calling half the country racist is a great strategy. It worked well for Terry McAuliffe in the Va. gubernatorial election. Stick with that. BTW, the majority of black and Hispanic voters support voter ID.

So implement early voting in those states don't force others into a national program. Logic and common sense don't seem to resonate in the liberal world. You do realize that states have term limits, right? You don't like your state gov't work to change it but stop looking to the federal gov't to solve your own individual problems

You asked a question and I answered it. Early voting is just one facet of a major problem with numerous facets. A voting rights act seeks to set a minimum national standard. You know, like we do with education and the minimum wage. Your perspective sides with the southern segregationists who wanted to have poll taxes and literacy tests to determine who can vote.

LOL, so we rank poorly to other democracies? you do realize we have a Representative democracy right not a pure democracy?

Wtf are you talking about? No one is talking about pure democracies. There are no pure democratic nations. 🤦

How have we survived over 200 years with previous election rules? Seems you cannot get what you want therefore want the federal gov't to mandate it, where is that in the Constitution

Election rules have changed numerous times over the last 200+ years so don't really get your point.

You asked a question and I answered it. Early voting is just one facet of a major problem with numerous facets. A voting rights act seeks to set a minimum national standard. You know, like we do with education and the minimum wage. Your perspective sides with the southern segregationists who wanted to have poll taxes and literacy tests to determine who can vote.
Where does voting reside in the Constitution? State legislatures!!! Not the governor
Wtf are you talking about? No one is talking about pure democracies. There are no pure democratic nation

Election rules have changed numerous times over the last 200+ years so don't really get your point.
You sure don't, elections are controlled by the state and the state legislatures, not the federal gov't

Where does voting reside in the Constitution? State legislatures!!! Not the governor

Where do standing armies reside in the Constitution? They don't, and yet here we are.

You sure don't, elections are controlled by the state and the state legislatures, not the federal gov't

Let me guess, you think it was wrong of Eisenhower to enforce the Brown v. Board decision.

Where do standing armies reside in the Constitution? They don't, and yet here we are
oh I don't know. How about the Preamble, provide for thr common defense. How do you do that without an army

Let me guess, you think it was wrong of Eisenhower to enforce the Brown v. Board decision
Then take the issue to the SC

oh I don't know. How about the Preamble, provide for thr common defense. How do you do that without an army

I never said they cannot provide an army during wartime. I stated there is no mention of maintaining a standing army during peacetime.

The Constitution also states the federal government will provide for the general welfare of the nation.

Then take the issue to the SC

It is quite telling that you didn't directly respond to that post.

I never said they cannot provide an army during wartime. I stated there is no mention of maintaining a standing army during peacetime.
This is a waste of time
The Constitution also states the federal government will provide for the general welfare of the nation.
PROMOTE!!!!
It is quite telling that you didn't directly respond to that post.
I Responded, you don't like it, tough

Yes, that's it. Calling half the country racist is a great strategy. It worked well for Terry McAuliffe in the Va. gubernatorial election. Stick with that. BTW, the majority of black and Hispanic voters support voter ID.

If the shoe fits

No doubt those who voted for trump are racist.

Funny thing about that is they might not even realize it.

Egads. The Repubs have been systematically gerrymandering themselves into power in excess of their vote percentages for many years.
what you are attempting to say in your own words is that you are butthurt over the republicans holding the advantage with gerrymandering since 2010 that democrats held and took advantage of for nearly seven decades. Would you like some cheese with that whine?
The U.S. has sagging 'democracy" rating because -especially since Trump- the country is adopting the Autocrats' playbook. Repubs are systematically getting their partisans in all the key positions to make sure they can do what Trump was unable to pull off in this past POTUS election: "finding the Votes" if they need to. Gone are all the Repub secretaries of state who defied Trumps orders. As for cheating- it almost never happens on an individual basis.
Sounds like an acute case of Trump living in your head rent free.

Back
Top Bottom