• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sinema doubles down on filibuster support, dealing likely fatal blow to Dems' election bills

Funny? No it is sad what the left has done to personal responsibility and our election process. Why do you support the liberal ideology. Want me to post AOC and all the other BS videos about the liberal hypocrisy?
That is the dumbest argument ever. Con. If you believe in democracy, WHY would you support placing unnecessary impediments to voting? You really have not responded to the fact that these impediments tend to affect people in low income communities who are more likely to vote DEM. Do you think this is an accident?

And you speak of personal responsibility? You, a member of the pro- insurgent, pro-conspiracy theory party?!!!!

what you are attempting to say in your own words is that you are butthurt over the republicans holding the advantage with gerrymandering since 2010 that democrats held and took advantage of for nearly seven decades. Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Sounds like an acute case of Trump living in your head rent free.
Well that post is certainly devoid of evidence or argumentation. No rebuttal required when ya got nothing, I guess.

Class envy and jealousy, the question is why and how some rich person has hurt you and your family? I can see why you aren't joining them but you cannot seem to grasp that understanding
You been on this site many years. You have not figured out why income disparity is harmful to a functioning democracy? Why it harms people who are not wealthy?

That is the dumbest argument ever. Con. If you believe in democracy, WHY would you support placing unnecessary impediments to voting? You really have not responded to the fact that these impediments tend to affect people in low income communities who are more likely to vote DEM. Do you think this is an accident?

And you speak of personal responsibility? You, a member of the pro- insurgent, pro-conspiracy theory party?!!!!
Some have this bizarre notion that if something is hard, those who go through with it deserve the right to perform that specific act. Of course none of that is mentioned in the Constitution, and we have updated the practices to make it more convenient for people since the Constitution written. The real discussion should be about how one secures more convenient ways to vote versus getting hung up on some absurd notion of how one votes being some measure of a voters dedication or nonsense like that.

We have examples of states which have implemented mail only voting, and thus far there's been no issue with the process itself. It's also one we have in place for members of the military, so the proof of concept has already been met; it's a question of scale in my opinion. I also think that if election integrity was a real concern for some, they would be appalled by the idea of state legislatures overriding the people's vote by selecting the electors.

Last edited:
Would sure like to have a Biden or Democrat supporter to explain why they support Biden and the Democrat agenda today as the results never reconcile with the rhetoric?
The results never coincide with your rhetoric either.

You been on this site many years. You have not figured out why income disparity is harmful to a functioning democracy? Why it harms people who are not wealthy?
No sure haven't because we have a growing economy thus a growing pie. How has income disparity affected you and what is preventing you from getting more of the pie

What impediments. States control the process, take it up with your state government

You really do spend a lot of time focused on what someone says but never the results generated, why is that? you claim Trump lied ok, your opinion noted but the reality is how did any of those supposed lies change the results generated?

Also since your focus is also on pollution and climate change isn't it about time you addressed the countries most responsible for pollution in the world? Notice where our country is on this list

This is all about you buying rhetoric ignoring the results. I am sure you feel good when the liberal ideology sells you on things like spending in the name of compassion but why is it that compassionate spending never generates the promised results and only creates dependence? You really want the entire country to be like the liberal bastions of California and NY? have you bothered to check out the social results in those states?
On climate, assuming your evidence about who pollutes, what would you recommend
- The US doing its part and nothing more?
- The US doing it’s part and with our allies pressuring the nations you mention to change?
On spending, liberal programs of SS and Medicare have saved me from bankruptcy in my retirement, as I have gotten way more from those programs than I put in. Food assistance -another liberal program - has curtailed hunger in the US. I was unemployed and uninsurable before age 65 and found a slot in a liberal California program that insures the uninsurable. Liberal Jimmy Carter established FEMA, which has helped so many. His even handed human rights efforts gave hope to people suffering under communist and right-wing tyrannies. Before that, liberals created laws that protected union organizing, and provided benefits like unemployment insurance, min wage, and workers comp. Liberal democrats and republicans passed civil rights laws which benefitted people of all races, religions, nationalities and sexes. It’s not just compassion, it’s justice.

On climate, assuming your evidence about who pollutes, what would you recommend
- The US doing its part and nothing more?
- The US doing it’s part and with our allies pressuring the nations you mention to change?
On spending, liberal programs of SS and Medicare have saved me from bankruptcy in my retirement, as I have gotten way more from those programs than I put in. Food assistance -another liberal program - has curtailed hunger in the US. I was unemployed and uninsurable before age 65 and found a slot in a liberal California program that insures the uninsurable. Liberal Jimmy Carter established FEMA, which has helped so many. His even handed human rights efforts gave hope to people suffering under communist and right-wing tyrannies. Before that, liberals created laws that protected union organizing, and provided benefits like unemployment insurance, min wage, and workers comp. Liberal democrats and republicans passed civil rights laws which benefitted people of all races, religions, nationalities and sexes. It’s not just compassion, it’s justice.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the OP. Implementing what the left wants hurts business thus impacts individual lives. I understand how that doesn't resonate with you again showing your typical liberal compassion

The results never coincide with your rhetoric either.
Truly interesting how a guy you helped put into the WH with a 58% approval rating has it down below 40% on the economy and hasn't accomplished anything promised during the campaign and still you support him. Says a lot about cult followers. What exactly has Biden done to make lives of Americans better? Covid? NO, Border? NO Uniting people NO Economic policies successes NO. shows what liberal hatred generates, incompetence and failures.

Truly interesting how a guy you helped put into the WH with a 58% approval rating has it down below 40% on the economy and hasn't accomplished anything promised during the campaign and still you support him. Says a lot about cult followers. What exactly has Biden done to make lives of Americans better? Covid? NO, Border? NO Uniting people NO Economic policies successes NO. shows what liberal hatred generates, incompetence and failures.
"Cult followers" while also remarking about low approval ratings. Curious.

Conservative... liberals don't love Biden and we never did. We voted for him because your guy was worse.

"Cult followers" while also remarking about low approval ratings. Curious.

Conservative... liberals don't love Biden and we never did. We voted for him because your guy was worse.
No. You voted for him because he had a "D" in front of his name on the ballot. That's it.

No. You voted for him because he had a "D" in front of his name on the ballot. That's it.

So you believe I thought Donald Trump was a better candidate? Curious claim. You do you, man.

Its pretty funny, in a way. They just got rid of the filibuster to raise the debt ceiling. McConnell got rid of it for Supreme Court Justice votes.

They just make up this crap as they go along. Its Calvinball.

Those who voted for her because she supported reforming the cost of drug prices will be amused to learn that Sinema has "long held views."
The notion of precedent in congress is nill. Yeah they just make it up as they go. Sinema was the surprise here because she used to be a progressive.

So you believe I thought Donald Trump was a better candidate? Curious claim. You do you, man.

No, what I do believe is that it would simply not have mattered who the republicans or democrats nominated. You would vote for PeeWee Herman as long as he ran as a democrat.

Maybe the Democrats could try "election reforming" one bit at a time.

Say....work on mail-in ballots first. Then a bill on voting hours. But they should first focus on Gerrymandering.
I dont see any of those items getting the remaining dem support.

The notion of precedent in congress is nill. Yeah they just make it up as they go. Sinema was the surprise here because she used to be a progressive.
So in your mind, a progressive cannot oppose ending the filibuster?

No, what I do believe is that it would simply not have mattered who the republicans or democrats nominated. You would vote for PeeWee Herman as long as he ran as a democrat.
So weird that the conservative party just never seems to put up a candidate that agrees with liberal ideology. I too am baffled by this phenomenon.

Vote for a lot of Democrats, do you?

So weird that the conservative party just never seems to put up a candidate that agrees with liberal ideology. I too am baffled by this phenomenon.

Vote for a lot of Democrats, do you?

In case you still don't get it my belief is that if Trump had run as a democrat you would have voted for him. In my opinion, you value party over ideology.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the OP. Implementing what the left wants hurts business thus impacts individual lives. I understand how that doesn't resonate with you again showing your typical liberal compassion
The minimum wage, anti-discrimination laws, mine safety rules, black lung benefits, unemployment insurance, anti-trust laws, pesticide regulations, food labeling, Medicare and SS, the ACA, equal pay for equal work all “hurt” business by limiting their freedom in some way. Liberals through our misguided compassion have been doing this for at least 100 years. When my mom worked in a dress factory back then, she was required to take sewing work with her to do at home. An old steelworker I worked with in 1965 told me of 12-hour days years before with a sign that said “if you don’t show up Sunday, don’t show Monday. That changed due to liberal compassion and sense of justice. What would you change back?

Would a self respecting democrat still vote for her? Her 180 on the 60 vote filibuster is a headscratcher, unless there's a payday coming...
The chamber of commerce has been giving a lot of moolah to certain democrats for keeping the filibuster.

In case you still don't get it my belief is that if Trump had run as a democrat you would have voted for him. In my opinion, you value party over ideology.
As a Democrat with the same absurd right platform and culture war? Umm gonna say nnnoooo

Back
Top Bottom