• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sinema doubles down on filibuster support, dealing likely fatal blow to Dems' election bills

Conservative

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema said Thursday that she will not vote to weaken the Senate's 60-vote filibuster threshold, bucking her party leaders yet again and dealing a major blow to Democrats' election reform effort.

The comments, which match Sinema's long-held stance on the filibuster, are effectively the final nail in the coffin of Democrats' longshot effort to pass two elections bills over unified Senate GOP opposition.

Amazing how nearsighted the radical left is ignoring polls and the upcoming red wave. Kind of which the filibuster rule was eliminated as I cannot wait to see what the Republican Senate Majority is going to do to radical liberalism

Kyrsten Lea Sinema made her position very clear. The Democrat's voting rights bills are dead along with all the rest of Biden's agenda.

Republicans are free to rig elections in the future. This is the death knell of the democratic party and really democracy in America. Once again the rich and powerful rule. Soon only white men of property will be allowed to vote.

If McConnell gets the Senate majority back, with a Republican President and a Republican House, he will get rid of the filibuster for Senate action he believes will matter. He did so for Supreme Court justices. But the thing is, you can't filibuster what Republicans really care about: judges and tax cuts.

Kyrsten Lea Sinema made her position very clear. The Democrat's voting rights bills are dead along with all the rest of Biden's agenda.

Republicans are free to rig elections in the future. This is the death knell of the democratic party and really democracy in America. Once again the rich and powerful rule. Soon only white men of property will be allowed to vote.
Right, they got the game plan and procedures from Democrats, works well for me. You really think you are in the majority, don't you?

If McConnell gets the Senate majority back, with a Republican President and a Republican House, he will get rid of the filibuster for Senate action he believes will matter. He did so for Supreme Court justices. But the thing is, you can't filibuster what Republicans really care about: judges and tax cuts.
Right, the Constitution doesn't matter nor does you keeping more of what you earn so tell me are you sending your Trump tax cuts back to the treasury? You really don't like the Constitution and this country very much do you? Justices are to interpret the Constitution, not legislate from the bench, and you keeping more of what you earn means less need for that so called liberal help

Right, the Constitution doesn't matter nor does you keeping more of what you earn so tell me are you sending your Trump tax cuts back to the treasury? You really don't like the Constitution and this country very much do you? Justices are to interpret the Constitution, not legislate from the bench, and you keeping more of what you earn means less need for that so called liberal help

Glad to see you agree with me.

The sky is falling, The sky is falling!
Do you really believe what you wrote?
The democratic grab to control the election in over.
More people voted recently showing voting here is doing just fine.
A big thank you to Senator Sinema!

That wouldn't be the case as I support Justices that interpret the Constitution, not legislate from the bench and I support keeping more of what I earn to help my family and neighbors

I misunderstood your post, I guess. It is hard to parse in context. I thought you were agreeing that those things important to Republicans, judges and tax cuts, are not subject to the filibuster and therefor the filibuster isn't as much a burden on them when they are in the majority.

Its pretty funny, in a way. They just got rid of the filibuster to raise the debt ceiling. McConnell got rid of it for Supreme Court Justice votes.

They just make up this crap as they go along. Its Calvinball.

Those who voted for her because she supported reforming the cost of drug prices will be amused to learn that Sinema has "long held views."

I misunderstood your post, I guess. It is hard to parse in context. I thought you were agreeing that those things important to Republicans, judges and tax cuts, are not subject to the filibuster and therefor the filibuster isn't as much a burden on them when they are in the majority.
So exactly what have the Republicans proposed or done that has hurt you and your family that you hate so much?

Its pretty funny, in a way. They just got rid of the filibuster to raise the debt ceiling. McConnell got rid of it for Supreme Court Justice votes.

Those who voted for her because she supported reforming the cost of drug prices will be amused to learn that Sinema has "long held views."
Stunning ignorance of Senate rules and procedures, not surprising. You still haven't told us why you voted for Biden and why you still support him.

She's gonna lose her seat.

We call all go ahead and thank Sinema, Manchin and the rest of the centrist wing of the Democratic Party for the November electoral bloodbath that is now going to definitely happen.

Amazing how nearsighted the radical left is ignoring polls and the upcoming red wave. Kind of which the filibuster rule was eliminated as I cannot wait to see what the Republican Senate Majority is going to do to radical liberalism
Sinema is just keeping it real. Democrats are going to pay for allowing their radical wing to run the show.

Good.

Maybe they'll instead focus on something productive.

Sinema has received the most in campaign donations from the Pharma industry.

She's plenty dirty.

She isn't against the bill, she is against blowing up the senate rules if that is what is needed to pass this very bad bill. She like John McCain (R) before her, believes that if legislation which fundamentally changes the way American elections would be federalized across the board are what is at stake here, then something like that should have bi-partisan PARTICIPATION, even if not full bipartisan support. Otherwise, when Republicans have the power they would be free to bend all the rules too.

Republicans are free to rig elections in the future.
How is voter ID rigging elections? The dems want no accountability in elections, and the Republicans do. The Republicans are not the problem here.

This is the death knell of the democratic party and really democracy in America.
The wounds to the democratic party are SELF INFLICTED wounds. Can't blame the Republicans for that.

Once again the rich and powerful rule.
Anybody who wants to vote can vote. If people can camp out for two days to be first in line for a black Friday sale at Target, or line up for hours to get free Obama phones, then committing themselves to voting ON ELECTION DAY should not be that hard.

Soon only white men of property will be allowed to vote.

You are being histrionic, just like the Democrat party is being histrionic.

Maybe the Democrats could try "election reforming" one bit at a time.

Say....work on mail-in ballots first. Then a bill on voting hours. But they should first focus on Gerrymandering.

It'll be pretty funny if she loses her next election due to the attack on mail-in ballots.

Back
Top Bottom