• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sinema continues to expand lead in Arizona Senate race

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/11/arizona-senate-race-mcsally-sinema-983481

Democratic Rep. Kyrsten Sinema continued to expand her lead over GOP Rep. Martha McSally on Sunday as new votes were counted in Arizona’s still-uncalled Senate race.

Sinema lead McSally by 32,640 votes as of Sunday evening, and now has 49.6 percent of the vote compared to 48.1 percent for McSally. There are still more than 200,000 votes left in the state to count, a process that could continue into the middle of the coming week.
=================================
Way to go, lady. FWIW, I think McSally is mentally challenged.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/11/arizona-senate-race-mcsally-sinema-983481

Democratic Rep. Kyrsten Sinema continued to expand her lead over GOP Rep. Martha McSally on Sunday as new votes were counted in Arizona’s still-uncalled Senate race.

Sinema lead McSally by 32,640 votes as of Sunday evening, and now has 49.6 percent of the vote compared to 48.1 percent for McSally. There are still more than 200,000 votes left in the state to count, a process that could continue into the middle of the coming week.
=================================
Way to go, lady. FWIW, I think McSally is mentally challenged.

With roughly 200,000 votes left to count, mostly in Phoenix, I can see her winning by 75K votes.

You go Kysten!...Nice to see her beatdown that obnoxious bitch McSally

Yikes! That's a lot of venom against a pretty generic Senate candidate. It's very telling when the Democrats spew venom against unremarkable people. I have nothing against McSally and would have liked to seen the additional GOP vote in the Senate. However, nothing about her really stands out.

Yikes! That's a lot of venom against a pretty generic Senate candidate. It's very telling when the Democrats spew venom against unremarkable people. I have nothing against McSally and would have liked to seen the additional GOP vote in the Senate. However, nothing about her really stands out.

My understanding is she is kind of a moderate who had the best chance of the three running to beat the Democrat. Arpao would have been the worst candidate, IMO. And, Keli Ward was almost as bad.

Sinema had the edge because she is a rep in the Phoenix area while McSally is in Tuscon. And, this is a bad year to be a Republican in either big city.

My understanding is she is kind of a moderate who had the best chance of the three running to beat the Democrat. Arpao would have been the worst candidate, IMO. And, Keli Ward was almost as bad.

Sinema had the edge because she is a rep in the Phoenix area while McSally is in Tuscon. And, this is a bad year to be a Republican in either big city.

It wasn't bad to be a Republican in either of the major counties in AZ. Ducey trounced Garcia in Maricopa county and ran just short of 50% in Pima county. McSally, however, didn't get the Republican votes in either place. It was actually kind of surprising that she came up short of Ducey's vote count in every AZ county and in some cases did so by more than 10%. Frankly, it's a little surprising that so many voters split the ticket statewide and did so as consistently as the numbers show. Split ballots aren't unheard of in AZ but this level of a split indicates that something else was a HUGE motivating factor against McSally.

Anyway, when McSally won her House seat she did so by an incredibly narrow margin. She was not a strong Republican candidate.

So Trump canceling a visit to a cemetery honoring war dead isn't allowed and is disgraceful yet somehow it's okay or classy to call a veteran a "bitch" simply because she has an R next to her name? That's partisan derangement.

Last edited:
Good, and with Hyde-Smith now exposed for the racist she is - running against a black man in Mississippi - looks like the Dems will not only get their blue wave in the House, but also hold close the gap between them and the GOP in the Senate. Goodbye one-party rule.

McSally concedes to SInema.

Back
Top Bottom