• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Since Trump made almost all of his money from massive Trump Foundation, should his wealth be seized?

Moderate71

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
First question is whether or not a charity foundation should be allowed to grow to the behemoth proportions of the Trump Foundation with millions and millions of dollars from foreign countries being slung around left and right. The second is whether or not all of his wealth should be seized as the fruits of a criminal empire.

When Donald Trump took over the Trump Foundation, he had recently finished Chapter 11 bankruptcy and had a negative net worth. The next thing you know by 2015 or so, he's a multi-billionaire from selling the political influence of his office. Worse yet, he used his own personal money in 2016 to contribute to the Trump Foundation, laundered it through various slush funds, and then contributed what was left to his presidential campaign to get around campaign finance laws.

To date, only 10.9 million dollars of the billions of dollars the Trump Foundation has taken in from Russian donors has been given to charity.

Since Trump made almost all of his money from massive Trump Foundation, should his wealth be seized?
Red:
Oh, you've seen Trump's tax returns? Perhaps you've been given audited consolidated financial statements for the Trump Organization? I must ask because I haven't; thus I have no idea from which Trump organization Trump "made almost all of his money."

Red:
Oh, you've seen Trump's tax returns? Perhaps you've been given audited consolidated financial statements for the Trump Organization? I must ask because I haven't; thus I have no idea from which Trump organization Trump "made almost all of his money."

The Trump Foundation charity that he has decided to shut down. It is responsible for everything I detailed in my first post.

Google "Trump Foundation charity". He had a negative net worth when he took it over in 2010 and then by 2016 he had accepted over 10 billion dollars from the Russians (that they've documented so far) in donations through the Trump Foundation peddling the political influence of his office at the time and only 10.9 million found its way to charity. Take a look at the amount of contributions they raked in and try and find even one charity foundation in the same ballpark.

How do you respond to how he got by the illegality of contributing so much of his own money to his Presidential campaign by contributing it to the Trump Foundation and running it through numerous sludge funds, then donating what was left to his campaign? It was money that got him into office, plain and simple. No other campaign in history has spent anywhere near as much money as Trump 2016 Presidential campaign. 300 million dollars was spent on his campaign. Think about that. His wealth is entirely based on the donations and if you read the articles you can see for yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_J._Trump_Foundation

In particular:

"Through 2015, Trump contributed $5.5 million to the Trump Foundation, including money from his book, while outside donors contributed an additional $9.3 million."

Last edited:
First question is whether or not a charity foundation should be allowed to grow to the behemoth proportions of the Trump Foundation with millions and millions of dollars from foreign countries being slung around left and right. The second is whether or not all of his wealth should be seized as the fruits of a criminal empire.

When Donald Trump took over the Trump Foundation, he had recently finished Chapter 11 bankruptcy and had a negative net worth. The next thing you know by 2015 or so, he's a multi-billionaire from selling the political influence of his office. Worse yet, he used his own personal money in 2016 to contribute to the Trump Foundation, laundered it through various slush funds, and then contributed what was left to his presidential campaign to get around campaign finance laws.

To date, only 10.9 million dollars of the billions of dollars the Trump Foundation has taken in from Russian donors has been given to charity.

The issue that will face, being able to seize wealth form all this, is proving where it all went. Some of the basis is probably there, but I doubt they have all the evidence they need just yet.

The Trump Foundation charity that he has decided to shut down. It is responsible for everything I detailed in my first post.

I think you'll find that shutting it down wasn't his decision. In fact the current POTUS is now lawfully unfit to run a charity.

Google "Trump Foundation charity". He had a negative net worth when he took it over in 2010 and then by 2016 he had accepted over 10 billion dollars from the Russians (that they've documented so far) in donations through the Trump Foundation peddling the political influence of his office at the time and only 10.9 million found its way to charity. Take a look at the amount of contributions they raked in and try and find even one charity foundation in the same ballpark.

How do you respond to how he got by the illegality of contributing so much of his own money to his Presidential campaign by contributing it to the Trump Foundation and running it through numerous sludge funds, then donating what was left to his campaign? It was money that got him into office, plain and simple. No other campaign in history has spent anywhere near as much money as Trump 2016 Presidential campaign. 300 million dollars was spent on his campaign. Think about that. His wealth is entirely based on the donations and if you read the articles you can see for yourself.

In particular:

"Through 2015, Trump contributed $5.5 million to the Trump Foundation, including money from his book, while outside donors contributed an additional $9.3 million."

That (bolded above) assertion is not supported even by your (publicly edited?) source link provided. If you are simply going to make stuff up then why bother to post any links?

In particular:

Point of Information: Wikipedia, as has been pointed out many times in the past, is an open-source reference system as opposed to an unbiased research source.

A simple reading of this particular "article" seems to show a heavily negative bias in it's reporting rather than any attempt at a basic information reference. It lists NO positives and appears to be an anti-Trump hit piece as opposed to a balanced information source on the subject.

I have used Wikipedia as source material from time to time, but NEVER when I see the particular article presenting such a clearly biased presentation.

As an example, here is Wikipedia on the Clinton Foundation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_Foundation

Notice a distinct difference in how the Clinton Foundation has been presented?

What political office did Trump hold in 2015 and before?

In particular:

You did it again...

What political office did Trump hold in 2016?

I think you'll find that shutting it down wasn't his decision. In fact the current POTUS is now lawfully unfit to run a charity.

that's something. how embarrassing.

You did it again...

What political office did Trump hold in 2016?

The one that got him (a "documented so far"?) $10B from the RUSSIANS - which it appears that Mueller has, somehow, managed to miss. ;)

Back
Top Bottom