• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Since it's almost over, I wanted to say....

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I have really enjoyed chatting with you all everyday about this case. For the most part, it's been civil, mature and fruitful. :)

I have really enjoyed chatting with you all everyday about this case. For the most part, it's been civil, mature and fruitful. :)

Are you POSITIVE you've been reading in the same subforum I have? If so, you are a terrible optimist.... someone should keep an eye on you, lest you wander into mischief...

Are you POSITIVE you've been reading in the same subforum I have? If so, you are a terrible optimist.... someone should keep an eye on you, lest you wander into mischief...

:giggle1:

Compared to some forums I've seen, this has been very tame. :)

It has been fun

Its kind of interesting. I've been subbing a class of future cops for two weeks now and I had to cancel the topic. Yes future cops; got so heated on the topic I couldn't keep it going in class. A few were militant about his guilt, a few militant about his innocent, and I didn't want to see them start their careers in jail so I had to drop it :(

Hats off to the community - hates an ugly thing best left off the keyboard.

this post so illustrates the forum's need for a sarcasm/facetiousness symbol

but i have to admit, as a member of this very partisan crowd, it was a strange experience being aligned with those who are usually on the wrong side of discussed topics

so, now i must say

it's about time y'all finally got one right:mrgreen:

I wasn't being sarcastic.

:giggle1:

Compared to some forums I've seen, this has been very tame. :)

The old unmoderated yahoo boards were dig eat dog. And they were fun. Why yahoo ever dumped them I don't know

I think that once the trial started going poorly for the prosecution, some users disappeared. This sub-forum really became civil and informative. Let's face it, Josie arrived near the end, so she missed most of the ridiculousness.

I think that once the trial started going poorly for the prosecution, some users disappeared. This sub-forum really became civil and informative. Let's face it, Josie arrived near the end, so she missed most of the ridiculousness.

I agree this sub-forum was all kind of nuts last year.

Yup.;)

this post so illustrates the forum's need for a sarcasm/facetiousness symbol

but i have to admit, as a member of this very partisan crowd, it was a strange experience being aligned with those who are usually on the wrong side of discussed topics

so, now i must say

it's about time y'all finally got one right:mrgreen:

I was just thinking the same thing....:thinking

I disagree, I think she's a wonderful optimist. :mrgreen:

I've enjoyed it also and even made a few new friends here, including yourself Josie... I'm going to hate it when I have to rejoin the regular political discussions again.

Anyway, it's been fun everyone and hope to run into you all again around here soon.

An example of crazy ass < (hahaha) people talking about the trial is the Twitter stream for #zimmermantrial. It's just a bunch of kids who don't have a flippin' clue how to spell let alone understand that you can't convict people just because you don't like them. LOL!

I've enjoyed it also and even made a few new friends here, including yourself Josie... I'm going to hate it when I have to rejoin the regular political discussions again.

Anyway, it's been fun everyone and hope to run into you again around here soon.

I know it's like....

Anyway, it's been fun everyone and hope to run into you all again around here soon.

Who says that you are allowed back? :mrgreen:

Who says that you are allowed back? :mrgreen:

Hell, the libs vacation is over and they should be damned glad they even got one in the first place. :lol:

Here here!! Awesome OP!! I got scolded in another thread for using the word "fun" when discussing such a tragedy. I guess I cringe now to use it again. I do have to say this much, I enjoy discussions. I have thick skin and passionate topics will always involve.....or shall I say devolve somewhat to personal barbs. I know the moderators don't like that but to me it's part of the beast. You get frustrated so you turn it personal. I'm sorry to anyone who's felt my passion for discussion got personal. Never my intention. Then again I always try, but I realize I often fail miserably, to belittle the statement not the person. On the other hand you can call me any names you wish. It's ok, I realize you too are passionate about your ideas and opinions. TBH, it'd be rather boring if we always agreed. It has been enjoyable discussing while watching the trial. I too feel like I've actually gotten to know some folks here more than just political banter. I believe I learned a great deal as well. I learned there are way more ideas and opinions than mine. It's always a challenge to consider other opinions and even more difficult to accept them. However, it makes us better we've had the experience.

Thank you to all who've taken time from their real lives. Thank you for choosing to invest some of your precious time to discuss an interesting case.

I'm certain we all look forward to closing arguments and the jury's verdict.

I second Dan's sentiments...Also, what this past few days has brought me around to is that curbing some of the passion, and reading through a post a time or two before just posting in haste is a better way to go. I was going to say that this case made some strange bedfellows, but I too have learned some things, even that I can agree with sharon, and bubba again, and not burst into flames....heh, heh....

See y'all later :2wave:

I learned that once everyone stepped away from the usual partisan political/ideological hackery, we have a lot more in common than we ever realized. I hope we take that going forth when we address each other. I know I will.

Love you guys!

Captain America

Seconded. I'd like to thank all y'all for taking the time to post your wisdom in regards to this case.

I haven't been able to follow the trial as it unfolded, certainly haven't had the time to fight about it, and have relied almost exclusively on the play-by-play offered by some of the smart folks here at DP. It was like reading a baseball box-score, except with more information and some truly brilliant insight.

Thanks for that.

In my humble opinion, this case could have (and I could argue should have) been tried right here, on these very pages.

Perhaps such a scenario might evolve in our not-too-distant future. Which might be kinda cool, actually. DP was the lucky recipient of some brilliant points, and the lawyers on both sides could have learned much by reading these threads. I know I did.

Thanks again, folks.

Back
Top Bottom