• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Since I previously worked at a liquor store I can tell you this...

eman926

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
... I will tell you that many of the people holding signs on the corner are just trying to get free boos. Many of them in my area hold a sign near the liquor store I used to work at, and I recognized them as regulars. I remember one time a guy was harassing people outside the liquor store asking people for money for beer! I'm sure large portions are holding signs just to get free money, or maybe a small portion are actually poor, but I've seen quite a large amount that just want liquor.

... I will tell you that many of the people holding signs on the corner are just trying to get free boos. Many of them in my area hold a sign near the liquor store I used to work at, and I recognized them as regulars. I remember one time a guy was harassing people outside the liquor store asking people for money for beer! I'm sure large portions are holding signs just to get free money, or maybe a small portion are actually poor, but I've seen quite a large amount that just want liquor.

Many of them? What percentage of them?

So? The man is homeless and your going to grudge him a beer? Do you steal candy from children as well?

I don’t just give panhandlers money, I make them earn it. Sing me a song, tell me a joke, give me a cool story about your life, show off your dance skills basically entertain me for a short time frame and I will pay you for your services. Whatever they choose to do with their earnings is none of my business. On the same token I will offer to buy someone more in food or none alcoholic liquids than I will pay them for their services it’s their choice to make.

Wait, are you telling me that many homeless beggars are addicts? *gasp*

Next, you're going to tell me many of them have mental illnesses. I always thought they were well-adjusted people who didn't like to bathe.

Back
Top Bottom