• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Simple Question: Will Putin be satisfied if he retakes possession of Ukraine?

Integrityrespec

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Does Putin have a bigger agenda or is he going to be satisfied when he has possession or at least control of Ukraine by installing a puppet government? If he has a bigger plan, WHO IS NEXT?

Does Putin have a bigger agenda or is he going to be satisfied when he has possession or at least control of Ukraine by installing a puppet government? If he has a bigger plan, WHO IS NEXT?

Not going to happen. Putin is over-running his supply lines, and the U.S. & NATO are injecting armaments & communications apparatus into the country, possible at levels higher than they publicly admit.

Putin will never over-run all of Ukraine, much less hold it, and even much less control it! He may hold & control some sections contiguous to Russian land, but as of now I believe he's on a fool's errand.

Will Putin be satisfied if he retakes possession of Ukraine?

I doubt it. Ukraine is bleeding Russia white.

Imo, vp wants to reconstitute the USSR. I would guess a former USSR state that is not a member of NATO.

Hear tell that the war criminal has been in charge for twenty years.

It's been a farce as far as genuine democracy is concerned. (He and his buddy used to rotate as "president" and "prime minister.")

Like all dictators, he will discover that no one can fool Father (or Mother) Time.

He looks old and has lost some of his swagger (such as strutting through the doors opened by two tall dudes in elegant and even comical uniforms). I faintly remember the Nixon (?) White House dressing up White House guards in fancy uniforms that made everyone laugh.

When (sadly, not "if") he installs a puppet ruler in Ukraine, he will plan other conquests.

But he may get a shock from what FATE has in store for him.

After all, every human being is eventually shocked by what happens to him/her.

Not going to happen. Putin is over-running his supply lines, and the U.S. & NATO are injecting armaments & communications apparatus into the country, possible at levels higher than they publicly admit.

Putin will never over-run all of Ukraine, much less hold it, and even much less control it! He may hold & control some sections contiguous to Russian land, but as of now I believe he's on a fool's errand.
I believe Putin would like to reconstitute the Russian Empire. He has already said as much. The last week has proven those ambitions maybe beyond his armies capabilities.

I believe Putin would like to reconstitute the Russian Empire. He has already said as much. The last week has proven those ambitions maybe beyond his armies capabilities.

Oh, without a doubt! And many Russian citizens long for the heydays of the Soviet Republic. That's, in part, why they stick with Putin.

It certainly seems to be proving beyond the Russian military’s non-nuclear capabilities. IMHO, that is not good news, since Putin is unlikely to be content to retreat (as he did in Afghanistan).

Most conquerors (not even Hitler) have major laid out long-term "agendas". Most are opportunists.

Back
Top Bottom