• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Silver: Saying it’s not a blue wave “is dumb”.

Shhh...let them continue to believe they are "winning."

I've been saying this to everyone I know. Just keep quiet and keep doing what your doing. Remember they call themselves the silent majority. If there a majority they will always win. Leave them alone.

Democrats won control of the House. How you choose to characterize that victory is inconsequential, but if it makes you feel better, call it what you like. What the left does with their new found political power is far more consequential than the fact that they have it.

I've been saying this to everyone I know. Just keep quiet and keep doing what your doing. Remember they call themselves the silent majority. If there a majority they will always win. Leave them alone.

Keep them in beer and fries so they'll be fat and complacent? I'm totally down with that.

Math-based = liberal?!

:2funny:
Silver’s site is all about math and data. As has been noted in other threads, Silver was the only national pollster who correctly predicted the 2012 election in every state.

Hmm...a very liberal site where everyone agrees that a blue wave happened. Color me not surprised.

They've never been coy about their political preferences. But I've been listening to them regularly for two years and I can tell you they leave their biases behind where analysis is done. In just the last episode I listened to their members agree that a Republican political ad was "very good," and this is not uncommon for them. You don't have to believe me, but it's true.

Last edited:
It's going to be funny to watch the dems eat their own in the House. The seats they gained will be gone in 2020 because they will get nothing done except for fighting amongst themselves.

Of course it was no blue wave. They did just about the average in the House and lost in the Senate.

It was expected that the Republicans would lose a significant number of seats, irrespective of public opinions about Trump. Republicans had many more difficult House seats to defend than Democrats overall. There were twice as many Republican incumbents defending House seats in states Hillary Clinton won in 2016 than there were Democrats defending seats in states Trump won.

Republicans also had more than twice as many “open” House seats to hold on to as their Democratic rivals had: 36 Republican representatives chose not to stand for reelection this year because they were retiring or seeking another office. Seven others either resigned or otherwise left office before the election. As a result, Republicans had 43 House seats to defend without the benefit of a true incumbent candidate. On top of this, Republicans had three “open” Senate seats, and one more with a pseudo-incumbent (interim Mississippi Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith took office in April). Yet Democrats managed to win surprisingly few of these “open” contests. In the vast majority of cases, a new Republican was elected instead, and they tended to be even closer to Trump than their predecessors

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...31dcd53ca6b_story.html?utm_term=.68b2f280c9a8

Pre Kavanugh the left was boasting they would take back both chambers of.Congress. On election day they underperformed and only took the House. Most people wouldn't consider not obtaining your stated goal As a massive victory or wave. There was nothing spectacular, unusual, or outstanding about this election.

Pre Kavanugh the left was boasting they would take back both chambers of.Congress. On election day they underperformed and only took the House. Most people wouldn't consider not obtaining your stated goal As a massive victory or wave. There was nothing spectacular, unusual, or outstanding about this election.

If anything, they under-performed both their own expectations and what could reasonably be expected due to the lay of the land in the House and Senate races.

Silver’s site is all about math and data. As has been noted in other threads, Silver was the only national pollster who correctly predicted the 2012 election in every state.

And completely and utterly failed in 2016.

And completely and utterly failed in 2016.

No, in 2016 he predicted Hillary but he gave Trump a reasonable shot, which Trump made. Trumpsters who love to mock the pollsters conveniently forget that Hillary proved them mostly right in winning the popular vote.

Uhuh...sure...that's why they went off on an unknowable..."President Hillary".

Oh puhleeze, that's just them trying to "justify" that they ****ed up so horribly. In point of fact even before the election Silver admitted to how he acted like a pundit and didn't actually use a statistical model on Trump leading up to the primaries. And even after admitting that he royally ****ed up by giving Hillary over a 70% chance at winning in November. Though I could have sworn it was at 83% on election night but that seems to have funnily enough been changed to 71%. Or was that CNN? :shrug: either way, they screwed up royally. How I Acted Like A Pundit And Screwed Up On Donald Trump

No, in 2016 he predicted Hillary but he gave Trump a reasonable shot, which Trump made. Trumpsters who love to mock the pollsters conveniently forget that Hillary proved them mostly right in winning the popular vote.

1: They gave Trump a less than 30% chance at winning...reasonable shot? Pfft.

2: Oh so 538 does not have a model based on the EC? Is that what you're telling me? If that's the case then it must be dumb luck that they've been right on other Presidency's.

Trump knows the Blue Wave hit....like a ****ing Tsunami.

"Yes, he's pissed -- at damn near everyone," a White House official said, noting the mood in the Oval Office is darker than normal this week. After nearly a month straight of campaigning before adoring crowds, the applause has gone silent and the President has retreated. The tempest has led to rampant speculation inside the building about the fates of other senior staffers, some of whom are beginning to plan their exits.

Friends of the President describe him as embittered by the election losses and troubled by the Mueller investigation....

In the last week, the President's frayed and fraught relationships have been laid bare for all to see: He's furious at Kelly for a Paris trip that ended in a public relations debacle. He's blaming his political advisers for losing the winning narrative of the midterms. And he was caught off guard by his wife's shot across the bow at one of the top advisers in the West Wing -- a sign that their private conversations clearly aren't functional.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/14/politics/donald-trump-mood-pissed-white-house-intrigue/index.html

Translation: He knows.

There was a blue wave in Florida's Broward County but the tens of thousands of newly discovered democrat votes found after the election was over still failed to overturn the red wave which hit there on election night.

The question to ask is why Republicans hid those votes to begin with?

Back
Top Bottom