• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Silly laws.

And just with a few of these laws posted here, can anyone doubt that we suffer under too much useless, ineffective, meddlesome government that can't keep its house in order and doesn't keep itself current?

I definitely agree it doesn't keep it's self current. The drug laws here are a great example, but that's for another thread. I'm curious, does Canada have any silly/outdated laws you can think of?

There ought to be a law that allows for stoning (with BIG ASS rocks, not weed) of anyone that feels the need to drag politics into every ****ing single topic and thread.

Haha, how about stoning with big ass rocks, and weed?

Haha, how about stoning with big ass rocks, and weed?
Meh...Id be cool with that. Let them get stoned before they get stoned. They can pick the methodology and order.

What kind of parent hasn't taught their kids that both a burp & fart can be disguised by a cough and a stern sideways glare at a sibling can deflect blame for any ensuing malodor. Sheesh, parents today.

I've tried that myself.

It didn't work. :bag:

I definitely agree it doesn't keep it's self current. The drug laws here are a great example, but that's for another thread. I'm curious, does Canada have any silly/outdated laws you can think of?

There are a lot of them that get in the news now and then but none that I can think of right now - one example is related to laws from prohibition where certain sections of cities, such as in Toronto, are still alcohol free zones even though alcohol is sold all around them.

In Ohio it is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday. Also, it is illegal to get a fish drunk.

Florida is a hot mess.

There are literally numerous webpages for this nonsense. I first found out about this stuff on facebook some years ago.

Take your pick:

If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.

In Miami Beach - Persons face up to thirty days in jail for selling oranges on the sidewalk.

Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.

In Sarasota - You may not catch crabs.

In Daytona Beach - The molestation of trash cans is banned.

That's not half of them, luckily some have been repealed. Very silly stuff.
They just won't leave prostitution alone, will they?

Just a few that I know of....

CT - Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs

IN - You cannot sell bait worms on Sunday

MA - All men must bring their firearms to church
MA - An automobile must have its engine removed when it encounters a horse or carriage. The engine may be replaced once the horse has passed
MA - Women may only drive a car if there is a man carrying a red lantern in front of her to warn other drivers
MA - It is Legal for a resident to shoot a known Rhode Island resident entering the Commonwealth
I thought this was a thread for silly laws. This one makes perfect sense. :shrug:

Last edited:
if i remember correctly

in dallas its illegal to have a realistic looking dildo

in texas its illegal to have more than 6 dildos(anti sodomy laws)

its a misdomeaner to act gay in texas

horses in texarcana need to have turn signals to be ridden at night.

In the city of York, one may shoot a Scotsman on sight with a crossbow, except on sundays. Unless he's drunk or armed, in which case you may shoot him, though not with a crossbow. All males over 14 are required to have two hours of longbow training per week, supervised by the local clergy. It's illegal to eat mince pies on Christmas day. It's illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament. By law, a pregnant woman may relieve herself wherever she chooses, and at any time. She may not eat chocolate on public transport.

For you Americans, don't forget that in Oklahoma, it's illegal to have a sleeping donkey in your bathtub after 7pm. In Maryland, you may not take a lion to the cinema. In Nebraska, a bar may not serve alcohol, unless also brewing a kettle of soup.

P.S. If you come here, don't actually kill a Scotsman. I don't care what Common Law says. The cops will beat you severely and you'll do a twenty stretch at Her Majesty's pleasure.

Back
Top Bottom